I bought a power drill today and am put off that there's a girl on the box

{<jordan}

A girl drill!? And you bought it?

{<jordan}

SRSLY google samurai and then learn about seppuku as a means to restore honor.

Lol voltage isn’t “marketing shit.” It does kind of drive amperage. Obviously you have much more efficient conponents downstream and not all batteries with a given voltage rating are equal, but lol at the thought that DC amps are like independent of the voltage.
This forum is just full of spewed out usesless drivel.

I’ll break it down to you, and hopefully everyone that doesn’t have a clue will read so I don’t have to keep beating my head against a wall reading this shit.

Watts = voltsxamps.

Think of it like this, if it makes it easier for you.

Volts = rpm in an electric motor in a very simplified explaination(there are more factors here like the motor windings, how many winds x how many pairs etc)

Amps= how much load you can put on a motor @ rpm and keep turning.

Watts= the power generated at a given voltage and amperage.

Ok, so how does this relate to the 20 volts is a marketing ploy statement.

Take 2 drills, a pink black and decker series drill and a dewalt.

Both are advertised as 20v, these drills won’t perform the same.

The Black+decker has a battery that is 20v, but has a much lower amperage rating. So it can provide the same rpm, IF they had the same motor , under zero load.

Start running a screw into hardwood, the dewalt is gonna drive the screw harder and faster into the wood with less struggle.

Yet they are both “20v” drills.

The dewalt will also have a more powerful motor, to take advantage of the extra amperage capacity of the dewalt battery, but even if it didn’t , and they had the same motor, because of the battery the dewalt would still be a more powerful drill.

Now this is very simplified so anyone can understand.

But that’s how voltage is used as a marketing plow in the cordless market.

You can go buy a b+w 20v at Walmart today, and it will be 1/2 as powerful as my ten year old 18v dewalt.

Perhaps you bought a girl's drill, not a man's drill?

I once saw a military wife drilling something and holding the wood between her feet where if the drill slipped, she'd have drilled a hole in one of her feet.

Ok so let me start with some back story: I always wanted to own a drill.

So anyway today I bought this drill set:

42274473_468106187025125_6563009477702844416_n.jpg

It's pretty sweet actually. The Father in law told me about it. He gave me some older drills he had and I broke them both but now I finally own my own reliable drill with all the accessories. It went on sale for 70 bucks and today was the last day of the sale and I HAD to get it

Got it home but excitement waned upon further inspection:

42197782_471548329995786_4202901326230716416_n.jpg

I don't know why there's a picture of a lady using a drill. I got this at Canadian tire and it's no woman's drill but I feel like I bought a feminine product. Men is the primary market so why would they have this picture on the box. When women buy a curling iron there's not a picture of a man curling himself. I would be less embarrassed if the picture was of a big buff shirtless dude putting in drill work. And why is she drilling a board over her siding? What is she up to

But hey check it out

42280419_339323803470827_866434043363721216_n.jpg

$150 value and I got all these do dats and whats its - gunna be a good time. I went in the basement to play with it and put random screws in places just cause I could.

Maybe you could model with it, and replace that girl as the new girl with a drill?

Only a girl would buy Black and Decker anyway, real men use Makita

Lol at buying a Black and Decker drill...

Last edited:
This is something an incel would say.

This sentence combined with the fact you're offended by a bitch on a box tells me shes more man than you already.

You makeit seem like you were waitimg u til the day you became a man to buy a power drill? And you landed on black and decker ffs...

It's pretty sweet actually. The Father in law told me about it. He gave me some older drills he had and I broke them both but now I finally own my own reliable drill with all the accessories. It went on sale for 70 bucks and today was the last day of the sale and I HAD to get it

I don't know why there's a picture of a lady using a drill. I got this at Canadian tire and it's no woman's drill but I feel like I bought a feminine product. Men is the primary market so why would they have this picture on the box. When women buy a curling iron there's not a picture of a man curling himself. I would be less embarrassed if the picture was of a big buff shirtless dude putting in drill work. And why is she drilling a board over her siding? What is she up to

But hey check it out

$150 value and I got all these do dats and whats its - gunna be a good time. I went in the basement to play with it and put random screws in places just cause I could.
You bought the girl version.

Lol voltage isn’t “marketing shit.” It does kind of drive amperage. Obviously you have much more efficient conponents downstream and not all batteries with a given voltage rating are equal, but lol at the thought that DC amps are like independent of the voltage.

They are independent. You know those high voltage things people touch and it makes their hair stand completely straight up? Those things have like ten thousand volts running through them but almost no amperage so it's completely harmless.

1 amp can actually stop a person's heart. Voltage is the force that pushes amps but amps are the real power.

But hey check it out

Clippy you are so damn cute sometimes. I just want to roll you up in a ball and stick you in my vagina.

This forum is just full of spewed out usesless drivel.

I’ll break it down to you, and hopefully everyone that doesn’t have a clue will read so I don’t have to keep beating my head against a wall reading this shit.

Watts = voltsxamps.

Think of it like this, if it makes it easier for you.

Volts = rpm in an electric motor in a very simplified explaination(there are more factors here like the motor windings, how many winds x how many pairs etc)

Amps= how much load you can put on a motor @ rpm and keep turning.

Watts= the power generated at a given voltage and amperage.

Ok, so how does this relate to the 20 volts is a marketing ploy statement.

Take 2 drills, a pink black and decker series drill and a dewalt.

Both are advertised as 20v, these drills won’t perform the same.

The Black+decker has a battery that is 20v, but has a much lower amperage rating. So it can provide the same rpm, IF they had the same motor , under zero load.

Start running a screw into hardwood, the dewalt is gonna drive the screw harder and faster into the wood with less struggle.

Yet they are both “20v” drills.

The dewalt will also have a more powerful motor, to take advantage of the extra amperage capacity of the dewalt battery, but even if it didn’t , and they had the same motor, because of the battery the dewalt would still be a more powerful drill.

Now this is very simplified so anyone can understand.

But that’s how voltage is used as a marketing plow in the cordless market.

You can go buy a b+w 20v at Walmart today, and it will be 1/2 as powerful as my ten year old 18v dewalt.

Dewalt is not much better than black and decker. Both are owned by the same company.

And your Dewalt is a piece a 120$ weight compared to my HILTI.

Dewalt is not much better than black and decker. Both are owned by the same company.

And your Dewalt is a piece a 120$ weight compared to my HILTI.

I don’t know about the new shit, but mines old.

And it’s heavy, weight is a sign of reliability, if it doesn’t work I can hit you with it.

That is a pretty pussy looking drill. Mine is like twice as big.
I was going to point that out.
That drill is marketed to the lady home DIY group which is pretty big.

That is not a drill. This is a drill.

images

So true story.

Living in a condo I don't need the type of heavy duty tools i am busting Clippy's balls about above.

So a few years back I am looking for one of those pre packaged all in one tool kits that tends to have everything you might need for light duty work around the condo. I go to a Home Depot and they surprisingly have only two of those bundle sets. Of the two the better one was definitely the 'Lady Set' as it had more tools and they looked better quality and it was cheaper.

5029594368025_Z.jpg

The generic set was worse and more expensive. And as a guy who is typically secure in his masculinity I tried and tried to get over the hot pink set and buy it, as it had the better tools and was cheaper. But I just couldn't do it. I just could not buy a hot pink set and so spent more for a lesser set.

I was put to the test and failed.

<{outtahere}>

Back