I believe Ngannou

i'm gay, but who's gonna see this, no one cares. right?

Ngannou is young in this sport. His age might not be but his body and mind is young within the sport. I saw room for improvements of course, but I also saw a lot of potential in Ngannou from that fight.

He went into deep waters and didn't quit and even tho he gassed he kept fighting and showed his heart. With a heart and toughness like that against the best in the division, then there's nothing but upside especially when time is on his side if he stays healthy. Koing Overeem like that isn't something chumps do.

I don't think I ever saw an athlete, a challenger at that as well, not a champion you see, who said, after getting his ass kicked, that he underestimated that fighter, not he gave him too much respect, you see, but underestimated that fighter.

henry cejudo, after his fight with dj, said he underestimated dj's clinch game. in fact cejudo said he thought that was the one area he would dominate dj. he also said he was humbled in defeat.

but i agree- not many fighters are that honest.

Why did I put myself through reading that horse shit.

Ngannou was straight up tricked. He needs a new camp and a better corner.

Yes, he was outmatched in wrestling, but he was pretty effective at first with the TDD. He blew his wad headhunting and paid for it.

Honestly, I think this loss might be the best thing for Ngannou. He smashed through top competition so easily I think he did start to believe his own hype, and a very harsh slap back to reality was needed. He will learn a lot from this fight, and if he's as quick as his coaches say he should really come back a vastly improved fighter next time. This was just a step too soon for him.

Don't write him off just yet.

Back