I believe Ngannou

JustOnce

On Hiatus
@Gold
Reaction score
I don't think I ever saw an athlete, a challenger at that as well, not a champion you see, who said, after getting his ass kicked, that he underestimated that fighter, not he gave him too much respect, you see, but underestimated that fighter. I think he believed in his own hype, or UFC's, however you wanna cut it, that he have a death touch or something. Confidence is usually a good thing, but there comes a point it is detrimental to you when it's too much. I only saw Ngannou's fight against Overeem and his highlights, but his power was impressive, but what really impressed me was the way he was able to move. Powers are common in heavyweight, but against Overeem, the way he was able to control the distance and move, I felt, was like that of a lightweight, with a power of super super heavyweight. Personally, I don't think if Ngannou can come back from this defeat, maybe this is too early, but you might be able to say he might have gotten exposed a little bit on this groundwork, but I feel like, if Ngannou can fight like he did against Overeem, I feel like he can beat anyone in heavyweight division.

I don't think I ever saw an athlete, a challenger at that as well, not a champion you see, who said, after getting his ass kicked, that he underestimated that fighter, not he gave him too much respect, you see, but underestimated that fighter. I think he believed in his own hype, or UFC's, however you wanna cut it, that he have a death touch or something. Confidence is usually a good thing, but there comes a point it is detrimental to you when it's too much. I only saw Ngannou's fight against Overeem and his highlights, but his power was impressive, but what really impressed me was the way he was able to move. Powers are common in heavyweight, but against Overeem, the way he was able to control the distance and move, I felt, was like that of a lightweight, with a power of super super heavyweight. Personally, I don't think if Ngannou can come back from this defeat, maybe this is too early, but you might be able to say he might have gotten exposed a little bit on this groundwork, but I feel like, if Ngannou can fight like he did against Overeem, I feel like he can beat anyone in heavyweight division.
2858.jpg

I got up to "an athlete," and then gave up.

i feel that if he can hit hard people hard again he can maybe win for ufc

Holy carpe diem...
There are 8 commas in the first "sentence" of TS's post, they string together, albeit unrelated, and somewhat confusing, unstructured, words about stuff that, I'm not sure what they indicate, but nonetheless impress with excess of comma.

I feel like he can beat most that matchup well to him

I'm sure there's a litany of guys who can beat him...but he got bumped to a TS so fast that he never faced them, or they're usada'd or were facing others

Stipe match would probably go the same...dude should get a collective thank you card from the division...ngannou is still a beast but miocic destroyed his aura and laid the blueprint...who can do the same gameplan sucessfully is another story though

Before going to France he said he had done the camp for Reem and Stipe at the same time. I mean, same camp for 2 completely different fighters? In the most important fight of your life???? Really?
{<huh}

I think his game plan just sucked for the fight. He knew Stipe is a good wrestler, so he should have conserved energy and picked his shots. He was throwing everything with every punch and was completely gassed by the end of the 1st round. I give him credit for not getting finished considering Stipe was coming off 4 straight 1st round finishes. He can come back, but he has to go to a new gym. I'd love to see him train at Jackson/Wink. I think training with a solid wrestler like Jon Jones would help him a lot.

Yes, because im sure JBJ is a good mentor.......smh.....
No, JBJ is a good wrestler. Training with a good wrestler and being coached on what you did wrong will make you a better wrestler. I thought my point was obvious. Did you think I meant that Jones would teach him? The coaches coach. I believe his coaches failed him in the Stipe fight.

No, JBJ is a good wrestler. Training with a good wrestler and being coached on what you did wrong will make you a better wrestler. I thought my point was obvious. Did you think I meant that Jones would teach him? The coaches coach. I believe his coaches failed him in the Stipe fight.

JBJ could give him the "secret" dick pills........

His trainers say he absorbs new information like a sponge. This sort of reminds me of the Frank Mir Brock Lesnar situation where Lesnar came in as a specimen but lacked fundamental MMA training. The second fight went differently.

The sort of strength Ngannou has allows him to move in the manner that has been discussed here. He went after Miocic in the opening frames like he did because he had never found anyone that doesn't wilt under his pressure. Miocic showed Ngannou what ring generalship is, and how to keep from getting the octogon cut off etc. These tools work on Ngannou, but for how long? The knee bar only worked on Lesnar once.

Back