I am trans (MtF). Ask me anything.

hqdefault.jpg

Yeah I talked to him over Facebook from time to time.
He seems like a pretty cool dude.

Ken Shamrock's strength is unbelievable and he has a crushing North-South I've talked about here in the past. He drives his mass (back then in the 250 range) with his hip bone directly into your temple and it feels like your head is about to do an Oberyn Martell. His hold down/pins are one of the few I've tapped to just because of the pin.

Ken Shamrock's strength is unbelievable and he has a crushing North-South I've talked about here in the past. He drives his mass (back then in the 250 range) with his hip bone directly into your temple and it feels like your head is about to do an Oberyn Martell. His hold down/pins are one of the few I've tapped to just because of the pin.

Hi there,

I have read some interviews and watch commentaries from the likes of Bas Rutten and I think Mark Coleman about how Physically strong Ken Shamrock is, they say he also has very good wrestling and I can see from watching his early UFC and some Pride fights he really has good Takedowns and TD defenses.

How good really is his Wrestling compared to other high Level Wrestlers like Coleman? He gave Severn lots of problems in their two fights although he lost UFC9 in the detriot dance of death he mounted Severn for like 3 minutes I think and Severn had a hard time taking him down again.

Do you think had he had more confidence back in UFC5 he could have beaten Royce to a pulp and won TKO?

Hi there,

I have read some interviews and watch commentaries from the likes of Bas Rutten and I think Mark Coleman about how Physically strong Ken Shamrock is, they say he also has very good wrestling and I can see from watching his early UFC and some Pride fights he really has good Takedowns and TD defenses.

How good really is his Wrestling compared to other high Level Wrestlers like Coleman? He gave Severn lots of problems in their two fights although he lost UFC9 in the detriot dance of death he mounted Severn for like 3 minutes I think and Severn had a hard time taking him down again.

Do you think had he had more confidence back in UFC5 he could have beaten Royce to a pulp and won TKO?

I think Ken's greatest enemy is Ken. He can't stop making tactical errors, even in the gym against his own guys.

I knew him when he was in his WWF days, he only stopped by the gym a few times when I was there, ran a few sessions. I was his demo dummy a few times, rolled with him a few.

I can't really answer your question regarding his wrestling with any depth from personal knowledge because 1.) I am not a wrestler. I was training in catch/shoot while I was there, but my grappling base is judo. 2.) I weighed at most 160-165 during the times I was there at the same time as Ken and he was running 250-ish range. I'd be blowing 110% and he was still mandhandling me because the guy outweighed me by a hundred pounds.

That said, against I usually was able to make some progress against other guys in that weight range or approaching that weight range, including other pros, by staying small, attacking and sticking to one limb, lots of inverted half guard stuff (which wasn't that developed at the time like it is now) but the difference between those guys and Ken was just raw physical strength. Try to bend his legs or his arms for a trip was like trying to bend iron. Like, he'd just stack you and you'd have to tap because you felt like your back was about to bend too far.

Which I guess is another way of saying his base was incredibly good and he had great hips.

Good for you @Doughbelly
I don't think I have any questions for you though. I like your satchel in your top pic.

Hey do you stop train? How did the gym take your transition?

Hey do you stop train? How did the gym take your transition?

Good question!

I stopped training several years ago, when I moved to Korea. I did get my first dan in kumdo and took up Korean archery, but my days of hardcore training were behind me. I might some day return to the martial arts, but my body really can't take the abuse that it used to and I have developed a heart condition that prevents me from going at even the tenth of the pace that I used to.

Also, I started my transition after I moved here to Seattle and most of my past life is insulated from this one.

I will say that since trans and queer people are so numerous here that if I started training again, there would be plenty of schools that would be accepting. Here's a question for you. If you were an instructor, would you want me to train/teach at your school?

Honestly,
It's not about what I want but what the market is ready/accepting of. If your presence doesn't negatively affect my bottom line I wouldn't have any problem. If you are the reason revenue is dropping, then yes I would have a problem. I would look at it from a strictly business and numbers perspective.

There was a guy that was hep-c and job positive in my gym. I did alot of soul searching but after speaking to a transplant doctor and him telling me that the chances of me catching anything was little to none I treated him (the hiv guy) normal and kicked his ads all over the Mat as before. Some people who knew asked the professor to not be paired with him. Because hiv positive people are a protected group in cali, no one outed him. But the guy had a self help business where he boasted about overcoming jail/hiv/hepc so the cat got out the bag.

A lot of people were not happy and I think he left the gym to save our school/not cause problems.

I don't get why any man would want to be a women. It's so much work....the make up, clothes, nails, accessories, less pay, constant waxing and shaving....then you need to learn to complain and gossip...I'd rather be a dog to be honest. Belly rubs, walks, meals etc

I don't get why any man would want to be a women. It's so much work....the make up, clothes, nails, accessories, less pay, constant waxing and shaving....then you need to learn to complain and gossip...I'd rather be a dog to be honest. Belly rubs, walks, meals etc
<TheWire1>
Belly rubs?............Go on.

Back