I am not religious but I pray to god..

I've prayed a few times when I thought my life was in serious danger.
To God, to Nature, to Alien beings who want to do an anal probe on me someday.
really anybody or anything that will save me from the jam I'm in.
so far, it's worked.
lol and NO anal probe as of yet.
psych, alien :eek::eek::eek:s!

I pray to who or whatever can help me at the time. It's usually myself.

I'm an apatheist, and sadly when I have a run of really bad luck or lousy moods, I feel a deep emptiness inside. This isn't a joke, I am legitimately envious of those who can find solace in a higher power.
As am I.
But I wonder how much of that, in how many instances, is faith a cold comfort in trying times; it certainly was for Mother Teresa.
I prefer the mystery of the Universe to the certainty of faith.

I've prayed a few times when I thought my life was in serious danger.
To God, to Nature, to Alien beings who want to do an anal probe on me someday.
really anybody or anything that will save me from the jam I'm in.
so far, it's worked.
lol and NO anal probe as of yet.
psych, alien :eek::eek::eek:s!
giphy.gif

I'm an apatheist, and sadly when I have a run of really bad luck or lousy moods, I feel a deep emptiness inside. This isn't a joke, I am legitimately envious of those who can find solace in a higher power.
I feel the same. I really do wish I could have that suspension of disbelief. Where my brain didn't go "well that seems like bs, and unlikely". Though I'm no atheist either...It sucks not knowing either way.

I once worked with a guy who was a nutter. For instance, one day we were all having a break when he spotted a rat running down the alley so he decided to chase after it. Amazingly he caught the thing and carried it about 40 yards out to the main road. He waited a few minutes for a break in the traffic then crossed over the road with this fuckin rat squirming away and casually let it go. Then we had to take him to the emergency because his hands were covered in blood and angry rat bites.
Anyway, he discovered Jesus and became the most annoying kind of nutter, a religious nutter. It was Jesus this and Jesus that for 9 hours a shift. The inevitable crucifix appeared around his neck along with a new gleam in his eyes. It was the same tick tock tick tock gleam shared by Tom Cruise and suicide bombers. One day he came up to me and showed me a cigarette packet he had. It was full of little scraps of paper with messages to Jesus. Stuff like, Please help me be good Jesus. I'm so alone. It was sad and creepy at the same time. Like Glen Beck's diary.

I think if it helps you get thru the day in this crazy world then go for it. Who knows if god is listening, if there is a god. Maybe it works cause your are tapping into the force and shit. I dunno.

Yea, I'm part of the "non-believer-but-during-down-times-will-throw-a-prayer-or-wish-out-into-the-great-beyond" club. Couldn't hurt, plus my religious friends would always say that "God will appear to you when you most need him" or something to that effect, so challenge declared.

Well all religions are made by humans. God is whatever you want it to be TS, so don't worry about being religious to pray

I pray to the moon, the stars & the sun
I pray to the Constitution, while I caress my gun

I pray to your mom, because she swallows a ton
I pray to Sherdog, my true number one.

I do something similar. I believe consciousness is profound and not understood whatsoever and that one can influence their own reality. Or, at least, it's a possibility. I don't really like to use the word "believe" in any situation.

Glad to hear we're in the same boat. Not happy to see that you quoted my post before I fixed my spelling of "their" to "there" lol

Pray to god you get it right next time, loser.

I pray to the moon, the stars & the sun
I pray to the Constitution, while I caress my gun

I pray to your mom, because she swallows a ton
I pray to Sherdog, my true number one.
young marklar speaks with true marklar of marklar
his marklar has the marklar of marklar and is
founded in marklar.
marklar

Back