I am not a trump fan, but given the choice of trump or GOP, I choose Trump

VivaRevolution

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I am by no means a Trump fan.

With that said, given the choice of 'Ryan, McConnell, Walker, Bush, ect.' AKA chamber of commerce Republicans, or Trump, I prefer Trump.

Am I wrong in that?

If I have come to the wrong conclusion, perhaps some enlightened WR poster could convince me otherwise.

Discuss.....

Trump doesn't know how to govern, maybe that makes him less effective than the others would be. His shitshow is certainly more entertaining than anything the establishment GOP would be though.

With that said, given the choice of 'Ryan, McConnell, Walker, Bush, ect.' AKA chamber of commerce Republicans, or Trump, I prefer Trump.

Am I wrong in that?

If I have come to the wrong conclusion, perhaps some enlightened WR poster could convince me otherwise.

Discuss.....

No, you're right.

Trump is stupid. Stupid is as stupid does. He doesn't have the capacity for self-reflection. He just reacts like a frog thrown into boiling water.

There is nothing in him that is as self-consciously corrupt as the rest of the GOP.

Trump is far from perfect. But
Trump IS Trump.

As bad as that is, I haven’t been able to say that about any other politician I have ever seen.

Trump is keeping these other scumbags from their agenda? I thought we're stuck with both. :(

No, you're right.

Trump is stupid. Stupid is as stupid does. He doesn't have the capacity for self-reflection. He just reacts like a frog thrown into boiling water.

There is nothing in him that is as self-consciously corrupt as the rest of the GOP.

Yeah, can you imagine all that someone like Cruz, Rubio, or Bush could have gotten done with this house and senate on his side? It would be like running behind an Alabama line against a high school team.

I am sorry, but character still matters to me. As loathsome as the rest of field was, Trump stands alone when it comes to being a scumbag.

Trump is keeping these other scumbags from their agenda? I thought we're stuck with both. :(

I think he is keeping them from their full agenda.

My biggest criticisms of Trump have been when he carries water for chamber of commerce, oops, I mean GOP platform issues. Tax cut, iran, deregulation.

However, I like that he bucks the chamber of commerce on immigration and trade. Even if that bucking has been 80% lip service, and 20% action.

I think he is keeping them from their full agenda.

My biggest criticisms of Trump have been when he carries water for chamber of commerce, oops, I mean GOP platform issues. Tax cut, iran, deregulation.

However, I like that he bucks the chamber of commerce on immigration and trade. Even if that bucking has been 80% lip service, and 20% action.

You might be right. I'd need to see a breakdown of the issues to form a conclusion.

I don't know about that. If Trumps ego and incompetence didn't lead to instability via a revolving door administration I would absolutely agree. But I guess there's a silver lining to every dumpster fire. Or something along those lines.

The Dems are already too far gone. You can reason with some Republicans and Thank God Trump got elected. MAGA!

Reminds of grade school questions like would you rather eat a fresh pile of dogshit or drink a pint of bull cum?

Crazy that Rogan made millions hosting a show on just that premise.

Anyway, I choose not to play.

I don't know about that. If Trumps ego and incompetence didn't lead to instability via a revolving door administration I would absolutely agree. But I guess there's a silver lining to every dumpster fire. Or something along those lines.

Only when that dumpster is coated in mercury first, and in our new post EPA world, that is a real possibility.

In terms of policy, there is no difference. Trump doesn't know or care enough about any issue to stand against his party.

Am I wrong in that?

Discuss.....

ahoy Viva,

gotta go see my pharmacist, but at a quick glance, i don't think i'd agree with you.

i mean, i'd take HW Bush over Mr. Trump in a heartbeat.

- IGIT

ahoy Viva,

gotta go see my pharmacist, but at a quick glance, i don't think i'd agree with you.

i mean, i'd take HW Bush over Mr. Trump in a heartbeat.

- IGIT

You have to put (e-sarcasm) at the end, or people won't get the joke.

In terms of policy, there is no difference. Trump doesn't know or care enough about any issue to stand against his party.

Trump's new tariffs on aluminum and steel were opposed by the majority of this party.

No, there was a non-Republican (non-stupid, non-corrupt...) choice.

I can't let you off the hook that easy.

The conversation is between chamber of commerce Republicans or trump.

If their is no difference between the two, that sounds an awful lot like you are saying it is the illusion of choice.

Btw, we could probably find some level of agreement there, if you are.

And while I am sure you would not agree my arguments of R's and D's being the illusion of choice is analogous, to trump and CoC GOP, perhaps you can see my perspective a bit better.

Back