I am from Chile. Ive been a fan for 17 years. IM DEVASTATED.

Been to a few ufc events. Gotten decent seats at all of them. Always had a good time. Not even shilling just being straight up. UFC events are fun.

They're like 2000 miles apart. The travel could be a lot more or a little less than that depending on where OP lives and where in Brazil the event is held. Brazil alone is almost as big as the US in terms of landmass.

You're right. Brazil is actually bigger than the US, if you don't count Alaska. Just learned this fact not long ago

I remember when the Internet and sherdog were the only way to know mma. Remember waiting days to be able to read about who won in Pride and waiting weeks for pics. Sherdog highlights were the yhing back then.

When I bought my ticket for UFC Chile I was so happy because that was a dream of mine for almost 2 decades.
Seeing a legend like Shogun live was the main reason.

Dont recall any other event where the main and co main events get scrapped almost simultaneously.

Now I understand when people get all furious at these foking changes in cards after they got tickets.

I hope they generate 2 good fights to replace the ones that got scrapped because if Ray Borg is what we get instead im trying to return my foking ticket and get a refund.

Uff I needed to get that off my chest...
I just checked. Boy they screwed you guys. Have a Chorillana and some Pisco Sour‘s that will make for a nice evening nonetheless.

Had no idea there were any Chileans here. I lived in and around Santiago for a couple years. Cool place.

Imagine being from Germany and having to watch Peter Sobotta or Dennis Dover headline over and over with a bunch of sub standard European fighters on the undercarriage.
There’s also our German pride Nick Hein.

I remember when the Internet and sherdog were the only way to know mma. Remember waiting days to be able to read about who won in Pride and waiting weeks for pics. Sherdog highlights were the yhing back then.

When I bought my ticket for UFC Chile I was so happy because that was a dream of mine for almost 2 decades.

Dont recall any other event where the main and co main events get scrapped almost simultaneously.

Now I understand when people get all furious at these foking changes in cards after they got tickets.

I hope they generate 2 good fights to replace the ones that got scrapped because if Ray Borg is what we get instead im trying to return my foking ticket and get a refund.

Wanna hear something sad?

I lived in Santiago for 9 months. Met a guy at Universidad de Chile who was a huge MMA/UFC fan and dreamed about being at a UFC event. After a few years, he gets in touch. He finished school, hes working as an engineer and making sweet money, and heard that there was gonna be a UFC numbered event in Brooklyn for the first time. So he saves his vacation for February (not that uncommon since it's summer there), gets a plane ticket, sleeps in my couch for a week only to find out he is very allergic to cats, spends a ton of money in two seats (he bought me a ticket, maybe as a thank you for letting him stay at my place, maybe cause he speaks zero English), goes there in the worst health of his life (he thought that clothes for Chilean winter would be good for February in the East Coast), on his first vacation, spending a solid portion of his savings from his first year of work, only to watch...

... GDR punch Holly Holm after the bell.

Como el pico po

Good news is, if the Main event is cancelled on a card and you don't like the replacement there is the option of getting a full refund on the tickets purchased. As long as you didn't purchase them from a third party seller.

Doesn't matter if any other fights are cancelled on a card, one cannot get a refund. When the main is cancelled ,by law they UFC has to offer it. Although they don't say so publicly.

My advice. Look at the entire card when it gets close to the date. If your happy with the matches made ,go. If you're not and it's a good amount of cash out of your pocket, get a refund.

BTW. If ya decide to go, it's a blast. Lots of fighters to meet and get pics and autographs of. Go early for the first bout of the night. You'll see lots of fighters, refs, celebrities walking around while the place is half empty. This is the best time to get pics and meet them. Plus ya never know who could be the next big UFC star and it could have some of the best fights that night.

Wanna hear something sad?

I lived in Santiago for 9 months. Met a guy at Universidad de Chile who was a huge MMA/UFC fan and dreamed about being at a UFC event. After a few years, he gets in touch. He finished school, hes working as an engineer and making sweet money, and heard that there was gonna be a UFC numbered event in Brooklyn for the first time. So he saves his vacation for February (not that uncommon since it's summer there), gets a plane ticket, sleeps in my couch for a week only to find out he is very allergic to cats, spends a ton of money in two seats (he bought me a ticket, maybe as a thank you for letting him stay at my place, maybe cause he speaks zero English), goes there in the worst health of his life (he thought that clothes for Chilean winter would be good for February in the East Coast), on his first vacation, spending a solid portion of his savings from his first year of work, only to watch...

... GDR punch Holly Holm after the bell.

Como el pico po

la wea como las weas

heh, be grateful you got an event to go to.

I bought tickets to see UFC Rio (UFC 147) to see two legends (Wandi & Vitor) and Vitor broke his head (replaced by Rich Franklin).
Was still a good fight... only I had Plane tickets and hotel in RIo.... and fucking UFC moved the event to Belo Horizonte (another state) a fucking week after I bought hotel and plane tickets...
Ended up watching the event from my hotel room in Rio...

dont worry, as soon as Ray Borgs eye heals up he'll be ready to go.

dont worry, as soon as Ray Borgs eye heals up he'll be ready to go.
And he's the most talented contender for the most talented division, these fans should be overjoyed the bums pulled out and are getting to watch a real mma fans dream.
Spoiled Chileans missing Borg is why ufc Calgary sucked.

UFC just announced Shogun's new opponent:

maxresdefault.jpg
Looks like they are fighting for the fetal alcohol syndrome championship

As someone that's been to a few MMA fights, its one of the worst live experiences of any sport.

The cage is an abstruction.
Since you're stationary, you never see the absolute best angle of the action for longer than a glympse every so often.
The best angle to view the action is at a 15% angle from above the cage, but from whatever distance you'd see it, it'd be too far to actually SEE it.

What the best kept-secret is, home viewers always get the best view of the action, from 15 different cameras.
True on so many levels....I’ve been to 2 in Ohio, and 2 in Vegas, and after awhile of being there and looking around I found 2/3 of the people looking at the monitor overheads for the fights.... worst seat I ever sat in was front row center octagon for Dan Henderson vs Anderson Silva.... all I could see were camera men, referee in my way and people walking around the outer cage for a good amount... the only thing that was worth anything was when Henderson got choked he was staring right in our direction... I was soooooooo pissed and lot 200 bucks to my buddies bc I thought hendo was gonna win... 550 for the tickets and 200 for the loss...750 and o coulda watched it for 49.99 lol at my house

giphy.gif

As someone that's been to a few MMA fights, its one of the worst live experiences of any sport.

The cage is an abstruction.
Since you're stationary, you never see the absolute best angle of the action for longer than a glympse every so often.
The best angle to view the action is at a 15% angle from above the cage, but from whatever distance you'd see it, it'd be too far to actually SEE it.

What the best kept-secret is, home viewers always get the best view of the action, from 15 different cameras.

Best angle is from the ref. Would be fucking sweet watching Khabib pound cunts head's in from up close.

Back