I am conflicted and confused

DynamiteHands

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
What's up y'all Ima just cut to the chase. I like martial arts. I like fighting . I want to be a fighter. Plain and simple. The problem is I just don't know what kind of fighter I want to be. My heart and soul is in boxing but the problem is I just started 2 years ago( at age 20, am now 22). Now I know 20 ain't THAT old to get involved in the sport. If i stick with it I could be a average boxer. But you see, I ain't trying to just be some average boxer no one remembers I wanna be great. But let's just face reality, the talent pool in boxing is very deep. You got kids that been doing this since they were baby's. Those are the ones to become great champions( with the exception of a few late starters) let alone someone that just jumped in the game at 20.

Ok, so aside from boxing my other interest is in mma. The reason I would choose mma is because i have a better chance at making it to the top in that sport. My reason for this are as follows.
It's a relatively young sport so the talent level hasn't had the time to develop at its fullest. I hear about guys all the time getting into mma in their mid 20's. You can't just jump into boxing in your mid 20s. Another reason is that I used to wrestle in college for a club sport. I wasn't very good because i did not wrestle in highschool. My friend in college was obsessed with wrestling and told me I'm pretty strong and I should try it out. Come to find out I was one of the strongest guys on the team . My coach even gave me a nickname , "Hercules" . My only problem was that I had no skill. But I bring up wrestling because it's a dominanting martial art in mma and I already know the basics.

So in conclusion I'd go the boxing route because that's where my heart is but being practical I don't think I could become a world champion, Especially at the gym i go to now. Mma route because I actually believe I could be a mma champion whether that be UFC, bellator, WEC, WSOF, etc. I know this is a long post but I'd genuinely appreciate any input you could give me, thanks in advance

You're overthinking everything. Post less, worry less, train more, enjoy the journey.

your 22 and have only boxed. How long do you think it will take you to learn Muay Thai and Bjj to a standard where you are competing against guys that may have been training for many years? It took me longer to be a proficient kickboxer than boxer simply because of the amount of conditioning and stretching I needed to do just to be able to perform many of the kicks and transition between hands and feet.

You've left it late no matter what you decide mate but that doesn't mean you can't excel at either sport, as long as you put in the hours training! My advice is stick with what you love doing

You have two problems here.

One, your looking for an easy route, that in all honesty is not the correct attitude for a some day champion, your going to run into full blooded killers on your way through the ranks and your going to need to be tougher than that.

Two, if your simply talking about your best chances skill wise ........ well, that's simple.
What are you good at and what do you enjoy?

I'll tell you right now MMA is not an easier route than boxing, the sport maybe young as in hit the scene in the 90's but the arts the guys do like B.JJ, Muay Thai etc are not and these guys are champions and black belts in their respective sports.

You should do what you enjoy because that's likely what you'll be better at in the long run.

But you can't be looking to duck challenges, that is not the attitude of a fighter let alone a champion.

Can someone please ban this kid? This is like his 10th retarded thread. Multiple people have asked him to do one single thread for his shit posts.

I am pretty sure it is a troll, because any normal person would be embarrassed to post those sparring videos online.

isn't spamming against the rules? @PUO3 @RR

Can someone please ban this kid? This is like his 10th retarded thread. Multiple people have asked him to do one single thread for his shit posts.

I am pretty sure it is a troll, because any normal person would be embarrassed to post those sparring videos online.

Lmao, think about this: you took the time to write some negative shit on some guys post on the internet that you don't even know. What does that say about you?

Btw, stop bitching you sound like a muafuckin female who take shit too seriously. Get a fucking life you loser

I took a look and he's not trolling. I honestly think he's looking for advice and is oblivious to the harsh reality that he doesn't have a future in either sport. There's a lot of people like this as you well know

I took a look and he's not trolling. I honestly think he's looking for advice and is oblivious to the harsh reality that he doesn't have a future in either sport. There's a lot of people like this as you well know
What makes you think i don't have a future in either sport lmao?

Bunch of negative motherfuckers on this site ctfu, it's funny though. Your insecurities are showing

Put in the work. Your results over time will tell you if you're going to make it in this business or not, and if so, what direction to take. Baby steps.

Good luck dude...

You might not make it to the big leagues, but at least you'll be in great shape...look good...feel good and that goes a long way...

Wish you the best homie

I wasn't trying to shit on you dude so don't take it that way. I'm going off what you have posted. I work in boxing as many here can attest to and I'm just giving you my honest opinion. I know that's probably not what you wanted to hear but I don't want to bullshit you

You're a clown

Dude ......... what is your problem?

Someones actually putting in effort to discuss training ideas and posting videos which is at the least somewhat entertaining than just some of the usual poor threads than can turn up round here among the better ones.

If you don't like his threads then its simple, don't view them.

Dynamite Hands ......... just make one thread called "My training & sparring" or something? roll it into one mate.

Some of us here are happy to help. ;)

There are people who post here who have made it in sports, and many of us who wish we had but the reality was we weren't good enough. I got close in one sport and was pissed off when at 17 I was told I wouldn't ever be good enough, I was good but not professional good. It doesn't stop you enjoying what you do, but if you're set on being a pro boxer advice from the people who work in the business is the best advice you can get.

Video evidence

You see DH, this is what I said to you, the problem is your sparring and effectively your gym, you could have a dynamite right hook and KO power .......... but if this is the sparring and training these guys only allow you to do we'll never know and this guys comment will remain apt.

I've grown up in boxing gyms since I was a teen, your "boxing" classes are boxercise not a proper gym.

Get yourself down one of your local gyms who produce amateur boxers asap then post those videos ........ at the very least get a pal or someone who know's how to box a bit and post you guys having a few rounds so we can see what you really got.

Back