I am assuming here that nobody is in favor of abortions after 8 months, fair?

There's nothing that made it human life in the sense of life that should be protected. It's no different than a brain dead person who's reliant on medical technology to survive. It's no more alive than that braindead person. It has never had thoughts, emotions, desires, hopes, dreams. Nothing. It's simply human genetic material with the potential to become life.
OK, so, it would be fine to stab one in the heart who is brain dead, yes?

Damn you have poor reading comprehension. I said I'm all for abortions up until the baby is viable outside the womb without medical intervention. If it's right before natural delivery then it's clearly viable outside the womb and should be an adoption choice. If it's not viable outside the womb without medical intervention, then I'm for the option to abort the pregnancy. You shouldn't have to force a woman to do anything with her body.
When is that? And why should the father play no role in the decision?

OK, I see your point too. So, if after the baby is delivered and the mother decides she doesn't want it, she can simply leave it on the sidewalk to fend for themself, yes?

These are the dumbest arguments, but they are repeated ad nauseum so you people just go with it.

I literally said with necessary medical care. And in many states she can drop it off at a fire station or other designated location, no questions asked.

What's up with you and stabbing stuff? You can simply not provide it medical care outside the womb and let nature do its thing if that makes you feel better. Although I would just let doctors do what they think is most effective at ending the process.

Because the father doesn't have to sacrifice his body to develop the child. If when it's viable outside the womb the father wants to keep the baby, then sure. Let him have it. Or if the mother doesn't want it anymore and the father wants to assume all medical fees to keep it alive outside the womb and rescind her responsibility requirements then sure. Otherwise, he has no say.

What role should the father get in the decision?
Woman: I want the baby.

Man: you have to get an abortion.

Woman: it's my body STFU

Woman: I'm going to get an abortion

Man: don't I want the child

Woman: are you going to carry this child to term in your body?

Man: no I can't

Woman: STFU

Well good thing you don't make policy. I say we should be killing more babies, not less.

But you don't really give a fuck. You pretend to care about life, but how many unwanted children have you taken care of? None.

Humans aren't special. We're just another animal on this planet. Unless you're a vegan, you've been responsible for the death of life. You don't think cows have emotions and feelings?

Absolutely right. Not only aren't humans special, we have managed to destroy life in this planet for ourselves and other species. We have managed to partly wipe each other out in war and around 322 species of animals in the last 500 years. So much for having a higher IQ.

I'd say 22 weeks should be the latest for having an abortion. After that, it should only be for the mothers health or if the child will have a severely debilitating disease.

The earliest ever a premature infant has survived outside of the womb was 21 weeks. According to studies, 20%-35% of babies born after 23 weeks survive.

A head, legs, arms, etc, are not just floating around the womb waiting to be assembled. This is a really bad comparison.

hu·man be·ing
noun
  1. a man, woman, or child of the species Homo sapiens, distinguished from other animals by superior mental development, power of articulate speech, and upright stance.

A fetus is not an autonomous human being. If people stopped referring to it as such, I wouldn't be forced to make simplistic analogies demonstrating the difference between something's potential, and it's current state.

With modern medicine they can survive even at 21 weeks.
So if we go by that unless the life of the mother.

21 weeks

most-premature-baby-today-tease-171109_e4b589ef10c0142d89cda87e3f2c76a3.jpg

20 weeks, just enough time to check for an abnormalities.

the HUGE difference being, if you leave a fetus alone, it developes into a fully functioning human adult

junkyard parts kinda just sit there, or MIGHT eventually get split up and installed in various vehicles

Is a fetus human? Yessir
Is it alive? Yessir
is it innocent? Yessir

So are you ok with taking an innocent human life?

A fetus needs the mother to develop, just as a car needs the worker to assemble, so, I'm not sure I completely agree with that statement.

I don't consider a fetus human, at least not how human is currently defined. Maybe that's semantics, but, that's how I feel.

Yes, it's alive. Sperm are alive. They are innocent. They are also potential human beings, just as a fetus is. Is it taking an innocent human life when you wear a condom?

And no, I'm not ok with abortion after a certain point. I'm not saying killing a fetus is ethical if it is very close to realizing it's potential as a human being.

1st trimester sounds fine. A collection of cells is not a baby. You don't go to the grocery store and buy 12 chickens in a carton.

Last edited:
Well good thing you don't make policy. I say we should be killing more babies, not less.

But you don't really give a fuck. You pretend to care about life, but how many unwanted children have you taken care of? None.

Exactly

Here is my question. Look at the following chart:

baby-dev.png

I am curious, from those who support abortion, at what stage, based on the above diagram that you can each go verify as fact for yourselves, is it OK to kill your child?

I would support a abortion all the way up to delivery if the mothers life is in danger.

As far as abortions of choice. Let's say 3 months is where I am comfortable.

The reason a man can't force a woman to get an abortion is because it's in her body. Why is that hard to understand?

No fetus spontaneously begins growing in a womb. It requires a father's sperm.

While I do not believe the father should have the legal right to force the mother to have an abortion I do believe he should have the legal right to bar the mother from terminating the pregnancy if the reason for termination is strictly secondary birth control.

I think you should be able to kill your child any time before they reach adulthood.

Yes, it's alive. Sperm are alive. They are innocent. They are also potential human beings, just as a fetus is. Is it taking an innocent human life when you wear a condom?

Sperm is not a human being, nor a potential one. I'm not sure why you would say that. So no, it's not taking an innocent life

And no, I'm not ok with abortion after a certain point. I'm not saying killing a fetus is ethical if it is very close to realizing it's potential as a human being.
People's definition on human being gets real wonky when the topic of abortion comes up

No fetus spontaneously begins growing in a womb. It requires a father's sperm.

While I do not believe the father should have the legal right to force the mother to have an abortion I do believe he should have the legal right to bar the mother from terminating the pregnancy if the reason for termination is strictly secondary birth control.

Men get to mandate to women what they can do with their bodies, nice!

For real none of it matters, all that needs to be decided is when someone gains human rights. If the fetus doesn't have rights it can be aborted.

Back