I’m still disappointed we never got to see Shogun vs Evans in their primes.

RiotWyatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
They were booked to fight several times but, each time, the fights fell through due to injury. Then Jones came in and took Shogun out of his prime.

That would’ve been a good fun title fight to see before the changing of the guard.

giphy.gif

I'm more upset we never got to see Aldo vs Pettis.

Might've been a boring fight because the most likely outcome is Rashad wrestlefucking Shogun to a handy decision victory, a la the Rampage fight.

Shogun's TDD was nowhere near Machida's, especially post-knee surgeries.

Shogun peaked in 2005-2006....he had his third ACL tear in the Machida rematch. He became a sloppy, plodding, brawler who relies on his chin and toughness ever since then. He looked awful against Jones, and hasn't looked any better since. ACL tears are no joke.

Today he looked sloppier and slower than ever. He looks like he can barely walk at this point, it's sad to see.

As for Rashad? He lost to Dan fucking Kelly....if that isn't a sign that it's time to hang them up I don't know what is.

I'm more upset we never got to see Aldo vs Pettis.
aldo vs penn would have been better. door on that closed quick tho cuz penn fell off in 2010-2011 right when aldo was emerging. for 2010 tho that was probably the biggest superfight people on sherdog wanted only behind gsp and silva and maybe lesnar and fedor

Would have been a great fight. Randy vs Fedor is still the biggest "what if" fight of all time for me though

sorry to tell you but forrest griffin choked the prime out of shogun & rashad was never the same after machida

but rashad would have just held shogun down for five rounds, would have been boring

Watch Thiago Silva vs Rashad Evans. It would be virtually identical.

Rashad had two careers: one where he used his wrestling and one where he didn’t

Might've been a boring fight because the most likely outcome is Rashad wrestlefucking Shogun to a handy decision victory, a la the Rampage fight.

Shogun's TDD was nowhere near Machida's, especially post-knee surgeries.

Lul shogun>machida>rashad

Back