Hypothetical: Sanchez vs Stansbury

beastohio

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
If Corey had fought and lost to Stansbury in the semifinals, like what happened last night or if Stansbury took the fight to the ground, the fight should have probably taken place. Stansbury is obviously bigger and stronger. Sanchez probably has an advantage on the mat and Stansbury probably has harder striking. Who do you think wins the finale? I think it would have been a much better fight than Khalil vs Sanchez.

I think Stansbury would have been the seasons winner if he fought hendricks. I think he beats sanchez by largely negating his wrestling and outpointing him on the feet. Stansbury will have a longer more prosperous ufc tenure than sanchez i believe.

I still think Sanchez would've won, but it would be a much more competitive fight.
Stansbury was tagging Khalil before he got KTFO.

I think Sanchez still takes it (admittedly I'm biased though). He can strike but chose not to against the natuarlly bigger and more dangerous fighter. Keep in mind you'll probably never see Andrew fight at 205 again. Always been a MW.

I think Sanchez still takes it (admittedly I'm biased though). He can strike but chose not to against the natuarlly bigger and more dangerous fighter. Keep in mind you'll probably never see Andrew fight at 205 again. Always been a MW.
I'm biased as well. I think it would have been a better fight than what we saw and wish Stansbury would have done the same thing Andrew did in his fight.
I hope Josh drops to MW too. He has some extra weight and has no trouble cutting from 220 to 205. He would be a large middle weight.

Back