Hypothetical matchups that hopefully happen, who do you got?

HuskySamoan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Vasyl Lomachenko vs Guillermo Rigondeaux 130lbs?

Vasyl Lomachenko vs Mikey Garcia?

Keith Thurman vs Errol Spence?

Terrence Crawford vs Keith Thurman?

Garry Russel Jr vs Leo Santa Cruz?

Anthony Joshua vs Deontay Wilder?

Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs Andonis Stevenson?

Artur Beterbiev vs Sergey Kovalev?

Andre Ward vs Oleksandr Usyk?

Loma
Mikey
Spence
Crawford
Russell
Wilder
Gvozdyk
Beterbiev
Usyk

Vasyl Lomachenko vs Guillermo Rigondeaux 130lbs? - Loma

Vasyl Lomachenko vs Mikey Garcia? - Loma

Keith Thurman vs Errol Spence? - Spence

Terrence Crawford vs Keith Thurman? - 50/50 imo

Garry Russel Jr vs Leo Santa Cruz? - Leo

Anthony Joshua vs Deontay Wilder? - Joshua

Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs Andonis Stevenson? - ??

Artur Beterbiev vs Sergey Kovalev? - 50/50

Andre Ward vs Oleksandr Usyk - Ward

Vasyl Lomachenko vs Guillermo Rigondeaux 130lbs? Rigo

Vasyl Lomachenko vs Mikey Garcia? Mikey

Keith Thurman vs Errol Spence? One time

Terrence Crawford vs Keith Thurman? Oh this one is tough

Garry Russel Jr vs Leo Santa Cruz? Russel

Anthony Joshua vs Deontay Wilder? Joshua

Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs Andonis Stevenson? I am a casual don't know

Artur Beterbiev vs Sergey Kovalev? Same as above

Andre Ward vs Oleksandr Usyk? Never doubting ward

Vasyl Lomachenko vs Guillermo Rigondeaux 130lbs? - Lomachenko (Loma is younger, more athletic, bigger and hits harder. They're both technical marvels but I think Lomas size, footwork and ability to put pressure on Rigo will expose his open defense all night long)

Vasyl Lomachenko vs Mikey Garcia? - Lomachenko ( I know Garcia is a pound for pound talent, I haven't seen enough of him due to his layoff to have a good feel for this one but from what I have seen Loma is a vastly superior athlete which can help make up for size differential, he's significantly faster, more technical and has the movement to constantly find angles on Garcia. Garcia can put the pressure on but in close range Lona can exchange with the best of then and pressure right back)

Keith Thurman vs Errol Spence? -Thurman (I haven't seen enough or Spence but I've met Thurman a few times and trained at his gym so I'm perhaps a bit biased. Thurman's a fighters fighter though, he's got more fight in him than 10 dogs and this is a matchup of two hitters so that has to count for a lot)

Terrence Crawford vs Keith Thurman? - Gotta see how Crawford translates to 147

Garry Russel Jr vs Leo Santa Cruz? - Russel (Russel's hand speed is pretty ridiculous, he's an exceptional talent, I think he can get inside the longer man with good footwork and really make things happen)

Anthony Joshua vs Deontay Wilder? - Joshua ( I think Joshua is simply superior but this has to happen, clash of the Titans)

Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs Andonis Stevenson? - Gvozdyk (Gvozdyk too young, fast, athletic and slick. Stevenson is a little limited and getting up there in age )

Artur Beterbiev vs Sergey Kovalev? - Beterbiev (I feel like it's pretty evenly matched but Kovalev seems a little mentally weak and Beterbiev will already have the mental advantage from beating Kova on two separate occasions in the amateurs)

Andre Ward vs Oleksandr Usyk? - Usyk (Usyk is as athletic as a cat, he's 6'3 and has 6in reach advantage on Ward. Usyks footwork is some of the best in Cruiserweight history, hes a great combination puncher with great movement and ring awareness. On the inside and clinch Ward won't be able to out class Usyk so easily either considering Andre will be 20lbs smaller on fight night)

Vasyl Lomachenko vs Guillermo Rigondeaux 130lbs? Rigo

Vasyl Lomachenko vs Mikey Garcia? Mikey

Keith Thurman vs Errol Spence? One time

Terrence Crawford vs Keith Thurman? Oh this one is tough

Garry Russel Jr vs Leo Santa Cruz? Russel

Anthony Joshua vs Deontay Wilder? Joshua

Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs Andonis Stevenson? I am a casual don't know

Artur Beterbiev vs Sergey Kovalev? Same as above

Andre Ward vs Oleksandr Usyk? Never doubting ward

Someone's not drinking the Lomachenko koolaid.

Vasyl Lomachenko vs Guillermo Rigondeaux 130lbs? - Lomachenko (Loma is younger, more athletic, bigger and hits harder. They're both technical marvels but I think Lomas size, footwork and ability to put pressure on Rigo will expose his open defense all night long)

Vasyl Lomachenko vs Mikey Garcia? - Lomachenko ( I know Garcia is a pound for pound talent, I haven't seen enough of him due to his layoff to have a good feel for this one but from what I have seen Loma is a vastly superior athlete which can help make up for size differential, he's significantly faster, more technical and has the movement to constantly find angles on Garcia. Garcia can put the pressure on but in close range Lona can exchange with the best of then and pressure right back)

Keith Thurman vs Errol Spence? -Thurman (I haven't seen enough or Spence but I've met Thurman a few times and trained at his gym so I'm perhaps a bit biased. Thurman's a fighters fighter though, he's got more fight in him than 10 dogs and this is a matchup of two hitters so that has to count for a lot)

Terrence Crawford vs Keith Thurman? - Gotta see how Crawford translates to 147

Garry Russel Jr vs Leo Santa Cruz? - Russel (Russel's hand speed is pretty ridiculous, he's an exceptional talent, I think he can get inside the longer man with good footwork and really make things happen)

Anthony Joshua vs Deontay Wilder? - Joshua ( I think Joshua is simply superior but this has to happen, clash of the Titans)

Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs Andonis Stevenson? - Gvozdyk (Gvozdyk too young, fast, athletic and slick. Stevenson is a little limited and getting up there in age )

Artur Beterbiev vs Sergey Kovalev? - Beterbiev (I feel like it's pretty evenly matched but Kovalev seems a little mentally weak and Beterbiev will already have the mental advantage from beating Kova on two separate occasions in the amateurs)

Andre Ward vs Oleksandr Usyk? - Usyk (Usyk is as athletic as a cat, he's 6'3 and has 6in reach advantage on Ward. Usyks footwork is some of the best in Cruiserweight history, hes a great combination puncher with great movement and ring awareness. On the inside and clinch Ward won't be able to out class Usyk so easily either considering Andre will be 20lbs smaller on fight night)
That's detailed I like It

Very talented fighter but his loss to salido proves pressure fighters will get to him

I thought he beat Salido as did most people, Salido came in overweight and fought dirty. It was Lomas second pro fight and he was 24/25? I don't think it's very indicative at this point.

Like, if Floyd lost or won the decision vs La Hoya objectively speaking the performance would be no more or less indicative of Floyd's skills. I've noticed boxing fans have a hard time grasping this though, a win or a loss inaccurately skews perspectives when in reality it's just a word. Undefeated doesn't mean much.

I thought he beat Salido as did most people, Salido came in overweight and fought dirty. It was Lomas second pro fight and he was 24/25? I don't think it's very indicative at this point.

Like, if Floyd lost or won the decision vs La Hoya objectively speaking the performance would be no more or less indicative of Floyd's skills. I've noticed boxing fans have a hard time grasping this though, a win or a loss inaccurately skews perspectives when in reality it's just a word. Undefeated doesn't mean much.
That's a good point but he was a very decorated amateur, regardless he struggled with that type of fighter and feel it can be replicated

Maybe it will be the new Floyd mantra if he struggles with south paws lol

That's a good point but he was a very decorated amateur, regardless he struggled with that type of fighter and feel it can be replicated

Could be, I think we can all agree it'd be nice to find out. I really hope we see him vs Garcia or Rigo next after this gimme fight but I think he's going to fight Berchelt next instead.

Also Ward vs Usyk is another battle of Olympic Gold's, I think Wards the best boxer in the game right now but I think Usyk is good enough and big enough to win handedly. The jump from 175 to 200 is crazy, if Ward pulled something like that off vs a guy like Usyk I'd be amazed.

Most people didn't think he beat Salido. Most people think he was done wrong by the refereeing and had the cards stacked against him, but he lost that relatively clearly on the cards (I'd say the judges were almost too generous to him).

Most people didn't think he beat Salido. Most people think he was done wrong by the refereeing and had the cards stacked against him, but he lost that relatively clearly on the cards (I'd say the judges were almost too generous to him).

The general consensus I've heard has been that he still deserved the nod despite everything going against him in the fight.

Lomachenko (size and age difference gives Lomachenko the edge)

Lomachenko (tough fight to call, Mikey is a beast, as well)

Spence (I think he'll stop Thurman)

Crawford (I think Crawford is more skilled and smarter. He does get hit clean a bit too much, though, and
Thurman is a decent puncher)

LSC (Close fight where SC's workrate gets him the win)

Joshua (Joshua is the better fighter and I'd expect him to win, but Wilder would still be dangerous as Joshua is far from polished defensively)

Gvozdyk, slightly (Gvozdyk looks pretty solid, but I haven't seen enough to be that confident in him against a guy who is as dangerous as Stevenson. I'd favour him slightly, but this is basically 50/50 in my view)

Kovalev/Beterbiev is around 50/50 for me (their amateur fights were supposedly extremely close and Kovalev has noticeably progressed as a professional - a lot of this might depend on Beterbiev's toughness, both mental and physical - we've seen Kovalev more or less break against Ward, so maybe that gives Beterbiev an edge, but that requires a lot of guess work with Beterbiev)

Probably Usyk, but it's tough to say at this point (There are too many unknowns here to say anything particularly definitive. I think Ward, along with Kovalev and likely Beterbiev, would beat the majority of CWs, perhaps even all of them outside of Usyk, but Usyk appears to the be a cut above the rest of that division. It's tough to say without seeing Usyk against anyone remotely stylistically comparable to Ward, or without seeing Ward at the weight. One would assume Usyk's size advantage would be the difference, but again, tough to say)

The general consensus I've heard has been that he still deserved the nod despite everything going against him in the fight.

That's not really what I recall, at all. I recall outrage at the refereeing and Salido missing weight, but not that most people thought he was robbed.

Lomachenko (size and age difference gives Lomachenko the edge)

Lomachenko (tough fight to call, Mikey is a beast, as well)

Spence (I think he'll stop Thurman)

Crawford (I think Crawford is more skilled and smarter. He does get hit clean a bit too much, though, and
Thurman is a decent puncher)

LSC (Close fight where SC's workrate gets him the win)

Joshua (Joshua is the better fighter and I'd expect him to win, but Wilder would still be dangerous as Joshua is far from polished defensively)

Gvozdyk, slightly (Gvozdyk looks pretty solid, but I haven't seen enough to be that confident in him against a guy who is as dangerous as Stevenson. I'd favour him slightly, but this is basically 50/50 in my view)

Kovalev/Beterbiev is around 50/50 for me (their amateur fights were supposedly extremely close and Kovalev has noticeably progressed as a professional - a lot of this might depend on Beterbiev's toughness, both mental and physical - we've seen Kovalev more or less break against Ward, so maybe that gives Beterbiev an edge, but that requires a lot of guess work with Beterbiev)

Probably Usyk, but it's tough to say at this point (There are too many unknowns here to say anything particularly definitive. I think Ward, along with Kovalev and likely Beterbiev, would beat the majority of CWs, perhaps even all of them outside of Usyk, but Usyk appears to the be a cut above the rest of that division. It's tough to say without seeing Usyk against anyone remotely stylistically comparable to Ward, or without seeing Ward at the weight. One would assume Usyk's size advantage would be the difference, but again, tough to say)

I like your opinions because they similar to mine.

Vasyl Lomachenko vs Guillermo Rigondeaux 130lbs?
Lomachenko
Vasyl Lomachenko vs Mikey Garcia?
135? Garcia
Keith Thurman vs Errol Spence?
Spence
Terrence Crawford vs Keith Thurman?
Tough one but id lean towards Bud
Garry Russel Jr vs Leo Santa Cruz?
Russell Jr
Anthony Joshua vs Deontay Wilder?
Joshua
Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs Andonis Stevenson?
Another though one but id lean towards Stevenson
Artur Beterbiev vs Sergey Kovalev?
Id say Beterbiev since Kovalev seems mentally broken but the inactivity isnt going to help Beterbiev
Andre Ward vs Oleksandr Usyk?
Pick em fight IMO, but as someone else said, never doubt Ward

Back