Hydration between matches

Adjaar

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I'm competing tomorrow, and I was reading about recovery between matches. The article mentioned both water mixed with sea salt and coconut water. What would you guys say is the better option for rehydration and recovery? I have himalayan pink rock salt and coconut water, so I can go either route, or just take both. Any suggestions?

I'm competing tomorrow, and I was reading about recovery between matches. The article mentioned both water mixed with sea salt and coconut water. What would you guys say is the better option for rehydration and recovery? I have himalayan pink rock salt and coconut water, so I can go either route, or just take both. Any suggestions?

You'll be fine with plain old H20. I wouldn't drink too much either.

dsc01420.jpg

Just drink either water or Gatorade. Don't over think things....

Don't waste all this effort looking for a 0.001% increase in performance. Sipping water is fine. As long as your training is dialed in, the big pieces of the puzzle are already in place. Just go out there and make it happen.

Just drink plain water. Sports beverages start becoming more of a factor after you've done strenuous exercise for an hour or so. You can alternate one water bottle with one bottle of a sports beverage.

Or just drink whatever the hell you want. You aren't suffering from cholera or anything like that, so you don't need any super fancy electrolyte replacement.

Drink like you do when you do a lot of rounds back to back

Don't change anything for your competition. I was always drinking water and in an half marathon race I decided to take a gatorade at the 10K table. I wanted to barf all over the place for 15-20 minutes afterwards.

Gatorade/powerade/lucozade sports drink. Water is pretty bad at keeping you hydrated.

I take water with a pinch of salt in normal training.
I do the same thing in comps.

If you ask what alcohol to drink then you will have much more answers

Drink water and grab a bite of real food once in a while. Gatorade is water with added corn syrup, I'd only use it to fatten pigs.

I don't know how much any concoction will help, just between fights. I've made solè before, which seems to help after a big night on the sauce or having a spew.

I would think if you drank enough so your mouth wasn't dry, that'd be good.

Being hydrated on the day of fights will be based on how well hydrated you are the days before. If you feel thirsty the day of, then you are already dehydrated = no bueno / bad sign.

Have some small sips of water or sports drink btwn matches.

It still takes ~20 mins for things to get absorbed by your digestive track. So if you have 10 minutes btwn matches you are not going to "rehydrate" in that time

Back