HW top 10 (2005) vs HW top 10 (2017)?

Shut your bitch ass up, geek.

Dan Henderson hits a lot harder than Stephan Struve so its safe to say that Stipe would be KTFO by Henderson if Hendo laded clean. Same goes for anyone really and anyone who isnt a noob ass bitch knows this.

Stipe has been floored by Struve and Overeem and there is no legitimate way you can prove that he wouldnt be KOd by well landed power kick.

Listen here you lame ass IRL loser, you have 7,000 posts in 3 years. Its clear you dwell in a basement and have spent less time training than Fedor Emelianenko has playing baseball.

I dont take posts from geeks like you seriously and you're just another UFC geek that will be added to may ignore list.
Talking shit on a forum will only get you so far in life bro. Especially to this extent.

Stipe is a 6 foot 4, LEAN 245 pound D1 wrestler, with cleaner boxing than anyone in the division's history. oh, and again, overeem has a SICK and notorious guillotine, and stipe escaped it with PERFECT, TEXTBOOK technique while rocked.

but it hasnt evolved huh?

against any of the 05 heavyweights, the fight would never see the ground. theyre all very quick KOs.
Cro cop Kills him.

Ben Rothwell's submission over Josh Barnett is far more impressive than anything Erikson did. And this is coming from an OSU guy, so it's not like I have an axe to grind against Erikson. His performances against Bustamante (who he had like 60 pounds on) and Heath Herring were cringy.
coz ure forgettin´ 2 things:

1/ When Tom went to Pride, he was already past his physical prime (35-36 yrs old). This partly explains his sub-par performance against Heath (but Heath had been developping/changing his game too, since World Vale Tudo Championships)

2/ Since it was the "early" days of Vale Tudo/NHB, Tom E. had access to few tournaments. His draw against Bustamante was his 3rd bout of the night (Bustamante was an underrated ol´school fighter), Bustamante was younger than him, and had spent less time in the 2 previous bouts)

Now ure sayin´ Ben´s victory over Josh (past-his-prime) is greater than Tom´s victory over prime Randleman?

So.... Prime (insert name) isn't getting standing TKO'd by Struve at any point? Prime or at any point? Which one?

On top of that

Stipe would never get Knocked DEAD by a middleweight like Fedor did.. at any point....

Or by a gonzaga headkick like Mirko did... at any point...

Or his arm snapped by Frank Mir like big Nog did... at any point...

So now that we've established that your stance isn't very well thought out and that you flat out aren't very well educated on the sport period, let me make something very clear....

I have absolutely ZERO interest in promotions or organizations. I love this sport. I love fighting. I'm making observations based on fights and skills and analysis. If any one of us has a bias toward or against a certain promotion, it's very clearly you. It's not about pride or UFC or bellator.

Oh, and lastly, Stipe has already had a tougher strength of schedule than Fedor did over his entire career, although that isnt Fedor's fault.

Boom
If u love this sport, u should study its history. More.

1- when barnett will return???
2- machida was num 9 hw???
3- i like this post
4- how someone had the rankings of 2005??
5- i remember in 2005 mirko was #2 but maybe not in april
I think Barnett is a world champ in tna pro wrestling now so I don't think he will be back in a hurry.
Both sets of the rankings are from fightmatrix, a site which uses a mathematical algorithm to calculate the rankings.
The 2005 rankings are historically generated based on fight finder I think.

Sherdog has rankings from back then but I couldn't find them (i could only find from 2001-2004), if someone has them please post.

top4 was easy to guess.

Top5-10 is quite debatable

Not a guess, but not saying it's 100% factual either :)

I think Barnett is a world champ in tna pro wrestling now so I don't think he will be back in a hurry.
Both sets of the rankings are from fightmatrix, a site which uses a mathematical algorithm to calculate the rankings.
The 2005 rankings are historically generated based on fight finder I think.

Sherdog has rankings from back then but I couldn't find them (i could only find from 2001-2004), if someone has them please post.

Not a guess, but not saying it's 100% factual either :)
well... the guy who made that 2005 list... if he´s the father of the dude who spat Cowbow at #10 P4P here....

in 2005, Hunt beat Wand and Crocop

again, April of 2005, Hunt's mma career had victories over Wanderlei and Dan Bobish. That doesn't warrant a ranking in the top 10, let alone top 5.

Hell, his W over CC should barely get him into top 10, considering it was the only fight he won vs a ranked HW (Nishijima + TK in 06, losses to Barnett, Fedor same year)

Also, saying the "UFC was minor league" is laughable. And this comes from someone who has been a Pride nuthugger on these forums for over a decade. There's probably very few who loved Pride as much as I did and even I know that the UFC was not "minor" league. Two seperate organizations, both of whom had multiple top 10 talents in each division

Tim and Andrei at that time were probably underdogs vs most of the TOP hw's in Pride (Fedor, CC, Nog, Sergei) but its not as if them landing a KO shot on those guys wasn't possible.

again, April of 2005, Hunt's mma career had victories over Wanderlei and Dan Bobish. That doesn't warrant a ranking in the top 10, let alone top 5.

Hell, his W over CC should barely get him into top 10, considering it was the only fight he won vs a ranked HW (Nishijima + TK in 06, losses to Barnett, Fedor same year)

Also, saying the "UFC was minor league" is laughable. And this comes from someone who has been a Pride nuthugger on these forums for over a decade. There's probably very few who loved Pride as much as I did and even I know that the UFC was not "minor" league. Two seperate organizations, both of whom had multiple top 10 talents in each division

Tim and Andrei at that time were probably underdogs vs most of the TOP hw's in Pride (Fedor, CC, Nog, Sergei) but its not as if them landing a KO shot on those guys wasn't possible.
Strange... For me, saying the "UFC was not minor league" is laughable.

#"This isn't what we trained for, isn't the gameplan"

Last edited:

These are Arlovski´s fights from 2001 to dec 2004:

Win 7–3 Wesley Correira TKO (punches) UFC 47 April 2, 2004 2 1:15 Las Vegas,

Win 6–3 Vladimir Matyushenko KO (punch) UFC 44 September 26, 2003 1 2:10

Win 5–3 Ian Freeman TKO (punches) UFC 40 November 22, 2002 1 1:25 Paradise,

Loss 4–3 Pedro Rizzo KO (punches) UFC 36 March 22, 2002 3 1:45 Paradise,

Loss 4–2 Ricco Rodriguez TKO (punches) UFC 32 June 29, 2001 3 1:23 East

U want him in the top 10 in 2005?

The UFC´s HW div was so lame that it was filled with overblown LHWs like Vladimir Matyushenko

U SERIOUS?

Fedor in his prime would school any of the current heavyweights. The man was a beast.

These are Stereo Tim´s fights btw 2002 and dec 2004:

Win 17–1 Wes Sims TKO (punches) Superbrawl 38 December 12, 2004 1 1:32

Loss 16–1 Frank Mir Technical Submission (armbar) UFC 48 June 19, 2004 1 0:50

Win 16–0 Gan McGee TKO (punches) UFC 44 September 26, 2003 1 1:54 later stripped of title for failing post-fight drug test.

Win 15–0 Ricco Rodriguez KO (punches) UFC 41 February 28, 2003 1 3:09 Atlantic

Win 14–0 Wesley Correira TKO (corner stoppage) UFC 39 September 27, 2002 2 1:43

His Loss:

Mir destroyed him in 50 sec.

His wins over:

Ricco Rodriguez = Great Win. Cant badmouth this one since Ricco was one of the few American
wrestlers who thought about working on his submission game.

Gan McGee, a guy who later would be completely destroyed in Pride, even by a rookie like Semmy (by armbar!!??!!)

Wesley Correira > no comment....

Wes Sims > no comment.....

All I know is. I believe Stipe would beat that entire top 10.
Lols. he will get beat again by jds by dec and destroyed by cain. Fedor beats the hell out of stipe, so does big nog and crocop.

Strange... For me, saying the "UFC was not minor league" is laughable.

CaptainAmerica1_zps8c295f96.jpg

These are Stereo Tim´s fights btw 2002 and dec 2004:

Win 17–1 Wes Sims TKO (punches) Superbrawl 38 December 12, 2004 1 1:32

Loss 16–1 Frank Mir Technical Submission (armbar) UFC 48 June 19, 2004 1 0:50

Win 16–0 Gan McGee TKO (punches) UFC 44 September 26, 2003 1 1:54 later stripped of title for failing post-fight drug test.

Win 15–0 Ricco Rodriguez KO (punches) UFC 41 February 28, 2003 1 3:09 Atlantic

Win 14–0 Wesley Correira TKO (corner stoppage) UFC 39 September 27, 2002 2 1:43

His Loss:

Mir destroyed him in 50 sec.

His wins over:

Ricco Rodriguez = Great Win. Cant badmouth this one since Ricco was one of the few American
wrestlers who thought about working on his submission game.

Gan McGee, a guy who later would be completely destroyed in Pride, even by a rookie like Semmy (by armbar!!??!!)

Wesley Correira > no comment....

Wes Sims > no comment.....

Mark Hunt's fight record before CC =

Loss to Yoshida, a guy who fights at 205 lbs.

Beats Wanderlei, a guy who fights at 205 lbs.

Beats Dan Bobish, a guy who is worth less of a comment than Wes Sims or Cabbage.

Again, Tim's career in MMA at that stage (and still) > Mark Hunt.

I still like Hunt more, way bigger fan of his, but you're not even close to being objective about this. You keep mentioning how the UFC was "minor league" back then, when in reality, they had a LOT of top level guys in EVERY single weight division. Pride didn't even have 183 nor LW at the time, and yes, their LW division was unreal good when it did finally get set up (as was their WW, aka 183), but, it's not like those guys just blew away the guys in the UFC lw division. Yves did well in Pride, BJ had already beat Gomi and at 183(185), the UFC had Rich who was every bit if not better than any 183 lb fighter Pride ever had.

2005 mofos.Three of them from military,army,one was hit by truck,second in motorcycle ac.shit,then crazy Josh,wild street fighter Hunt,Andrei,and Big Tim.Training camps:garage,basement,frozen lake,cold river,mountain,army poligon...2005 GOAT HW

Stipe is a 6 foot 4, LEAN 245 pound D1 wrestler, with cleaner boxing than anyone in the division's history. oh, and again, overeem has a SICK and notorious guillotine, and stipe escaped it with PERFECT, TEXTBOOK technique while rocked.

but it hasnt evolved huh?

against any of the 05 heavyweights, the fight would never see the ground. theyre all very quick KOs.

Nishijima > Stipe when it comes to hands. But yeah, Stipe is a stud. Doesn't mean he can't be KO'd by even a sort of middle of the pack scrub (Struve for ex)

Also, I'd take 2005 Sergei to KO Stipe.

Mark Hunt's fight record before CC =

Loss to Yoshida, a guy who fights at 205 lbs.

Beats Wanderlei, a guy who fights at 205 lbs.

Beats Dan Bobish, a guy who is worth less of a comment than Wes Sims or Cabbage.

Again, Tim's career in MMA at that stage (and still) > Mark Hunt.

I still like Hunt more, way bigger fan of his, but you're not even close to being objective about this. You keep mentioning how the UFC was "minor league" back then, when in reality, they had a LOT of top level guys in EVERY single weight division. Pride didn't even have 183 nor LW at the time, and yes, their LW division was unreal good when it did finally get set up (as was their WW, aka 183), but, it's not like those guys just blew away the guys in the UFC lw division. Yves did well in Pride, BJ had already beat Gomi and at 183(185), the UFC had Rich who was every bit if not better than any 183 lb fighter Pride ever had.
Dude.. Im obviously counting Hunt´s win over Crocop in 2005.

Ure bitchin´ about guys who then fought at 205 lbs.

HEY!! WAKE UP!! This is the UFC HW situation in 2005.

Ur UFC had nuthin from MW up to HW.

Aerobic Trainer spent 300K in camps after beggin´ for a spot at the Pride Tournament (then bet some cash on him), and his main man struggled to beat Overreem (not a contender at that time, top5-10), and then got completely destroyed by Rampage.

That was pretty sad...

They were competitive in the lighter classes,thats true.But, remember: 2004-5 are the years when their BEST ASSET, BJ, left them and went to K1

about ur last argument:

"the UFC had Rich who was every bit if not better than any 183 lb fighter Pride ever had"

My reaction:

lol.png

2005 mofos.Three of them from military,army,one was hit by truck,second in motorcycle ac.shit,then crazy Josh,wild street fighter Hunt,Andrei,and Big Tim.Training camps:garage,basement,frozen lake,cold river,mountain,army poligon...2005 GOAT HW
Best friends:wild bear,dog,snake,aligator,step wolf,vamp.,dingo..
Equipment:fire weapon,hammer,chain,tyre,ropes,bats,construction tools,materials..
Cars:Lada,Zastava,Renault 4,Citroen..
Fighting style:to death,5 times/year.
All of them active today...

Back