HW division is the worst it has been in the last 15 years!

crofighter

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I mean look at this:

Champion: Stipe Miocic
1.Alistair Overeem
2.Fabricio Werdum
3.Cain Velasquez
4.Francis Ngannou
5.Mark Hunt
6.Derrick Lewis
7.Alexander Volkov
8.Stefan Struve
9.Marcin Tybura
10.Aleksei Oleinik
11.Andrei Arlovski
12.Junior Albini
13.Travis Browne
14.Curtis Blaydes
15.Tim Johnson

The only fighter that is truly legit and active is Stipe and the only legit prospect is Ngannou....the rest is filled either by journeyman nobodies or 40 year old damaged farts...

USADA has taken from us : Cro Cop, Frank Mir, Lesnar, Rothwell, Josh Barnett, JDS...those are veterans also, but still divison would be much much deeper and interesting...

Compare this to PRIDE's division from more than 10 years ago:

Fedor
Nog
Mirko
Barnett
Kharitonov
Alex Emelianenko
Werdum
Hunt
Randleman
Coleman
Igor
Herring
Fujita
Schilt
etc. plus all the openweight fighters like Wand, Saku...

Conclusion.....
PRIDE >>> UFC
and
USADA is killing HW divison and the excitement in this GOAT sport

Didn't read...

Breaking news.....the HW division sucks

With Stipe in his prime he's gonna be the heavyweight king for a while lol

Jesus Christ. Again.

Why are you blaming people who refuse to follow prescribed rules rather than people who try to prevent cheating?

Wow Volkov reached top 7 without doing anything! I kind of like him though so WAR Drago.

And lol at Ngannou #4 already and Hunt and Lewis 5 and 6, USADA really gutted HW. Took out 3 guys who would probably be top 5-7.

The UFC roster now is way more skilled than the PRIDE roster back then.

Heavyweight has always sucked.

People talk like it's USADA's fault that the sport is filled with juiceheaded scumbags. lol
It actually is to a certain point......USADA themselves are dirty scumbags.........if they were fair and equal to everyone and actually punish like they should maybe there would be less cheating......................for example, Jones deserves 4 years and nothing less......but lets bet he wont get that......

I mean look at this:

1.Alistair Overeem
2.Fabricio Werdum
3.Cain Velasquez
4.Francis Ngannou
5.Mark Hunt
6.Derrick Lewis
7.Alexander Volkov
8.Stefan Struve
9.Marcin Tybura
10.Aleksei Oleinik
11.Andrei Arlovski
12.Junior Albini
13.Travis Browne
14.Curtis Blaydes
15.Tim Johnson

The only fighter that is truly legit and active is Stipe and the only legit prospect is Ngannou....the rest is filled either by journeyman nobodies or 40 year old damaged farts...

USADA has taken from us : Cro Cop, Frank Mir, Lesnar, Rothwell, Josh Barnett, JDS...those are veterans also, but still divison would be much much deeper and interesting...

Fedor
Nog
Mirko
Barnett
Kharitonov
Alex Emelianenko
Werdum
Hunt
Randleman
Coleman
Igor
Herring
Fujita
Schilt

Conclusion.....
PRIDE >>> UFC
and

You aren't wrong but a lot of young names on your list will have better resumes one day and their names will mean more. It's just how it will always work.

BTW, amazing that we got a new Junior (who's also a striker) just in time to replace Junior Dos Santos.

When JDS returns he should fight Junior Albini to determine who's the real Junior.

The UFC has to go out and recruit young athletes into MMA.

Right now the risk -vs- reward is so bad, the entry pay scale so low, you are just not going to attract young athletes the size of a heavyweight. Those guys will attempt to enter literally any other pro sport first.

You have 8 new All American NCAA Division I wrestlers each year at heavyweight, and none of them are joining MMA. Those guys are teaching high school gym for 45k a year because the starting pay in MMA is atrocious.

A relatively small investment would solve this problem.

The current UFC HW division > fly, BW, LHW, WMMA

I mean look at this:

1.Alistair Overeem
2.Fabricio Werdum
3.Cain Velasquez
4.Francis Ngannou
5.Mark Hunt
6.Derrick Lewis
7.Alexander Volkov
8.Stefan Struve
9.Marcin Tybura
10.Aleksei Oleinik
11.Andrei Arlovski
12.Junior Albini
13.Travis Browne
14.Curtis Blaydes
15.Tim Johnson

Fedor
Nog
Mirko
Barnett
Kharitonov
Alex Emelianenko
Werdum
Hunt
Randleman
Coleman
Igor
Herring
Fujita
Schilt

Conclusion.....
PRIDE >>> UFC
and
Yes it was usada that ruined everything. Not the assholes juicing. At this point i can't tell if these guys are posting troll threads or legit this dumb.

I don['t necessarily think it sucks. I think we can say it's very very shallow. the top 5 guys are as talented as any of the top 5 heavyweights that we've ever had. there's a lot of great potential match ups within those top 5. but yeah, after that, the division really falls off. lhw is worse.

A lot of the people on the 10 year list strength top 15 anymore because they got really old not USADA

Heavyweight is my favorite division by far! I wish UFC put some more effort into promoting the heavyweight division

I mean look at this:

1.Alistair Overeem
2.Fabricio Werdum
3.Cain Velasquez
4.Francis Ngannou
5.Mark Hunt
6.Derrick Lewis
7.Alexander Volkov
8.Stefan Struve
9.Marcin Tybura
10.Aleksei Oleinik
11.Andrei Arlovski
12.Junior Albini
13.Travis Browne
14.Curtis Blaydes
15.Tim Johnson

Fedor
Nog
Mirko
Barnett
Kharitonov
Alex Emelianenko
Werdum
Hunt
Randleman
Coleman
Igor
Herring
Fujita
Schilt

Conclusion.....
PRIDE >>> UFC
and
So basically pride was only good because of cheating?

UFC is cheaping out.
They don't wanna sign all the good HWs and LHWs from Russia and other parts of Europe because they think they're not marketable/promotable.

Hopefully that changes soon, WME clearly has more focus on going International (more shows in Asia and Europe in the coming years).

I mean look at this:

1.Alistair Overeem
2.Fabricio Werdum
3.Cain Velasquez
4.Francis Ngannou
5.Mark Hunt
6.Derrick Lewis
7.Alexander Volkov
8.Stefan Struve
9.Marcin Tybura
10.Aleksei Oleinik
11.Andrei Arlovski
12.Junior Albini
13.Travis Browne
14.Curtis Blaydes
15.Tim Johnson

Fedor
Nog
Mirko
Barnett
Kharitonov
Alex Emelianenko
Werdum
Hunt
Randleman
Coleman
Igor
Herring
Fujita
Schilt

Conclusion.....
PRIDE >>> UFC
and
Reem isn't 40 or a journeyman/nobody same with Cain and Werdum might be 40 but this is the best he's been.

only by usada...hws without cigano lesnar barnett rothwell...isn't the same and now the 205lbs jones. Usada is the cancer

no...USADA is the chemo. A cure that makes you feel like shit while you're going through it.

Back