HW Boxing > UFC

Hallmans Budgie

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I don't even watch UCF anymore.

AJ v Wilder is the biggest fight on planet earth.

I don't even watch UCF anymore.

AJ v Wilder is the biggest fight on planet earth.
I don't know.
I think AJ vs Fury might be bigger especially in the UK.

They should have the rematch first. Let AJ fight whoever, and then Fall 2019, let AJ face the winner.

Fury should fight Joshua while wilder rematches with ortiz. The wilder vs fury rematch will always be there regardless of how the above fights play out. As would wilder vs Joshua.
And yes, mma HW division is dead. A bunch of D level athlete bums that get totally gassed after throwing only 15 punches.

I don't know.
I think AJ vs Fury might be bigger especially in the UK.

They should have the rematch first. Let AJ fight whoever, and then Fall 2019, let AJ face the winner.

Nah.

I'm not buying another point fighting PPV.

I want to buy AJ's glass jaw & power boxing Vs. Wilder's sloppy windmill power right hand.

Nah.

I'm not buying another point fighting PPV.

I want to buy AJ's glass jaw & power boxing Vs. Wilder's sloppy windmill power right hand.

Fury should fight Joshua while wilder rematches with ortiz. The wilder vs fury rematch will always be there regardless of how the above fights play out. As would wilder vs Joshua.
And yes, mma HW division is dead. A bunch of D level athlete bums that get totally gassed after throwing only 15 punches.

Ummm. Wilder was gassed after 5 rounds and the Tim Sylvia dude wasnt even pushing him. Heavy weight boxing is also dead. Did you see the fight?? And did you see the under card fights.... lol. Cant tell me that was good.

Ummm. Wilder was gassed after 5 rounds and the Tim Sylvia dude wasnt even pushing him. Heavy weight boxing is also dead. Did you see the fight?? And did you see the under card fights.... lol. Cant tell me that was good.
Tim slyvia dude? Fucking hell, awful troll work.

I think MMA fans who don't even like boxing care about HW boxing more than HW MMA. That tells you the state that HW MMA is in.

Some years I prefer boxing, some years MMA. It just depends what fights are lined up. Ive been more into boxing this year and last though, especially when it comes to the HW division in both. Stipe/Ngannou and Stipe/DC fell flat for me, neither felt as big as they should have been and the latter confirmed suspicions that Stipe had previously been made to look much better than he really was due to the division being so shitty. A 40 year old who is 90% likely to retire next year has the UFC belt and doesnt have any real compelling challenges left for him. Bellators HW GP is a nostalgia circus compared to the SF one back in 2011. Derrick Lewis....lol, thats all.

Boxing = AJ, Fury, Wilder at the top - 29, 30 and 33 years old. Then you've got a supporting cast of Ortiz, Povetkin, Miller, Whyte, Parker, Hunter, Pulev, Joyce, Hrgovic, Chisora, Takam, Breazele, Kownacki, Dubois, Yoka, Hughie, Jennings, Gorman and of course Usyk coming up. Its a far deeper and more interesting scene.

Boxing = AJ, Fury, Wilder at the top - 29, 30 and 33 years old. Then you've got a supporting cast of Ortiz, Povetkin, Miller, Whyte, Parker, Hunter, Pulev, Joyce, Hrgovic, Chisora, Takam, Breazele, Kownacki, Dubois, Yoka, Hughie, Jennings, Gorman and of course Usyk coming up. Its a far deeper and more interesting scene.

Mihai Nistor could be in there if he decides to go pro already ffs! He was supposed to be the next Mike Tyson... Only dude to ever KO AJ.

Ummm. Wilder was gassed s and the Tim Sylvia dude wasnt even pushing him. Heavy weight boxing is also dead. Did you see the fight?? And did you see the under card fights.... lol. Cant tell me that was good.
Heavyweight boxing is dead?

How much are the UCF and the NHB community paying you to post in this forum?

Brock va anyone still doubles or triples fury vs wilder buys

Some years I prefer boxing, some years MMA. It just depends what fights are lined up. Ive been more into boxing this year and last though, especially when it comes to the HW division in both. Stipe/Ngannou and Stipe/DC fell flat for me, neither felt as big as they should have been and the latter confirmed suspicions that Stipe had previously been made to look much better than he really was due to the division being so shitty. A 40 year old who is 90% likely to retire next year has the UFC belt and doesnt have any real compelling challenges left for him. Bellators HW GP is a nostalgia circus compared to the SF one back in 2011. Derrick Lewis....lol, thats all.

One of the signs of a dead HW division is when you have old men still hanging out near the top. The MMA HW division is full of old men still hanging on because the next generation is so pathetic. Stipe vs ngannou was one of the most embarrassing displays I've seen in combat sports.

Why should Wilder rematch a guy he just stopped this year? That is working backwards.

MMA HW is even more of a disaster than Boxing HW has been in recent years. There's definitely a problem with regards to recruiting the big guys into combat sports these days.

MMA HW is even more of a disaster than Boxing HW has been in recent years. There's definitely a problem with regards to recruiting the big guys into combat sports these days.

Recruiting big guys is difficult I agree. There aren't too many of them. And weight cutting and weight classes I believe does it's thing. Heavyweight UFC contenders hide in their light heavyweight and middleweight division. Guys like Jones, Gus, Latifi, osp, manuwa, reyes basically every 205er and even romero and whittaker would all be competitive heavyweights if UFC was run by the japanese and we wouldn't complain lol. Look what DC, Rumble and Bader did when they moved up. In boxing the situation is better. The talent pool is deeper, plus the gap between light heavy and heavy is big. It's hard for the big boys to cut down to 175. Only at cruiser some heavyweight potential could compete.

Heavyweight boxing is dead?

How much are the UCF and the NHB community paying you to post in this forum?

Did you watch the whole card? There were more heavyweight fights on the card and they were just as bad as ufc heavyweights. I’m looking forward to seeing a skilled and entertaining fighter this weekend,Lomachenko,who does not get respect and he really deserves it.

Back