Husband Sentenced To 9 Years For Sexually Penetrating Bed-Sharing Wife In Her Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that basically puts you in the same boat as ISIS.

A woman is repeatedly raped while unconscious, and you believe she just needs marriage counseling. That is psycho.
that's balony

the fact that they have past and current agreement to sex, yes, I'm calling marriage an agreement to sex, and the fact that they share the same bed, only crazies would call that rape. Hard to call it assault since that would imply violence.... forcible rape? Some couples enjoy that sorta thing

itt
MvcUWkq.jpg

I always wondered why raping an adult carried longer sentences then raping a child.
And a liberal court says raping a child is too ugly. Could you please call it child molestation. Sounds less awful and literally carries minimal sentences.
Protected from general population

In N.Y. a guy who just beat a baby to death was given 5 to 15. Served four during trial and now setting up parole already.
The American justice system is screwed.

Yeah, now you're just showing your hand as someone willing to intentionally distort my words to defend your position.

But let's break this down so it's clear who is on the side of rationality and who is on the side of insanity. Let's determine whether or not there is a difference in the threshold of consent between married partners and complete strangers.

Hypothetical 1: A woman I do not know is taking a drink at a fountain in the park. I come up behind her and fondle her breasts.

Would you deem this a legally prosecutable offense?

Hypothetical 2: My wife is washing dishes at the sink. I come up behind her and fondle her breasts.

If there is really no greater degree of implied sexual consent in marriage than there is in relations between strangers, both of these situations should be equally, criminally wrong, given that neither was preceded by direct, conscious consent on the part of the female.

We do not need hypotheticals involving strangers because the idea that you have more openness with your wife than a stranger is already assumed and agreed upon by everyone. However, yes you have to have your wife's permission to fondle her. Her marriage license does not give you rights to her body.

Sex without consent is rape. If you and your wife/girlfriend enjoy unconcious sex acts, then you two can go ahead and make whatever arrangements that you want for that.

In this case, the wife was not in agreement. She was not even aware. She was completely unconcious. In a marriage license, you do not give up the right to consent. What occurred here was rape, and it's not even close to being debatable.

Not that it matters, but the husband then kept this all a secret since he obviously knew he was raping his wife. Then when she found out, he turned himself into the police, since he knew he was raping his wife.

Same here. I guess if my wife had wanted to be a psycho cunt I could have ended up spending 9 years of my life in prison. Getting awakened every morning with Bubba's dick in my ass.
Bitches be tripping I guess

that's balony

the fact that they have past and current agreement to sex, yes, I'm calling marriage an agreement to sex, and the fact that they share the same bed, only crazies would call that rape. Hard to call it assault since that would imply violence.... forcible rape? Some couples enjoy that sorta thing

But it's not. So you are kinda making up your own definition and running with it, which nullifies everything else you say.

Seems like there were problems in that marriage anyway

But it's not. So you are kinda making up your own definition and running with it, which nullifies everything else you say.
you mean to tell me consummation isnt a requirement?

you mean to tell me that sex is so far removed from marriage that if I dont get it down in righting every time I get dirty that it's rape?

Honestly when I first heard about this one I expected a Sherdog thread defending the rapist.
Not suprised mofos

A horrified wife discovered her husband had been repeatedly raping her in her sleep when she found videos of the sex attacks saved on his mobile phone.

The victim stumbled on the footage after looking at an app called Video Locker on her spouse’s phone.

iu

you mean to tell me consummation isnt a requirement?

you mean to tell me that sex is so far removed from marriage that if I dont get it down in righting every time I get dirty that it's rape?

Some form of mutuality is obviously necessary.

Seriously, not to be rude, but I feel like I'm explaining sex to a recent immigrant from Saudi Arabia in a comedy sketch.

We do not need hypotheticals involving strangers because the idea that you have more openness with your wife than a stranger is already assumed and agreed upon by everyone. However, yes you have to have your wife's permission to fondle her. Her marriage license does not give you rights to her body.

OK... So, in your world, a man fondling his wife's breasts at the sink without asking first is committing sexual assault. And, if she so chooses, she should be able to press criminal charges, just like the stranger in the park. Correct?

Yeah, now you're just showing your hand as someone willing to intentionally distort my words to defend your position.

But let's break this down so it's clear who is on the side of rationality and who is on the side of insanity. Let's determine whether or not there is a difference in the threshold of consent between married partners and complete strangers.

Hypothetical 1: A woman I do not know is taking a drink at a fountain in the park. I come up behind her and fondle her breasts.

Hypothetical 2: My wife is washing dishes at the sink. I come up behind her and fondle her breasts.

If there is really no greater degree of implied sexual consent in marriage than there is in relations between strangers, both of these situations should be equally, criminally wrong, given that neither was preceded by direct, conscious consent on the part of the female.
The problem is that this case isn't as simple as "implied sexual consent."

Yes, marriage results in some degree of implied consent. But, as you have admitted, that consent can be rebutted. And if someone knows that consent does not exist, he has committed rape (or, in your example, sexual assault).

A more accurate analogy is if you come up behind your wife and fondle her breasts after she has expressly asked you not to do so today.
That would be sexual assault, because you know that consent has been revoked and cannot be assumed to exist.

In this instance, we don't know why he believed consent did not exist, but we do know that he believed consent did not exist because he told the police that it did not exist. He did this before she spoke to the police. Therefore, there was not implied sexual consent in this scenario.

OK... So, in your world, a man fondling his wife's breasts at the sink without asking first is committing sexual assault. And, if she so chooses, she should be able to press criminal charges, just like the stranger in the park. Correct?

Nobody should be allowed to fondle anybody's breast against their will. Seems obvious to me.

Honestly when I first heard about this one I expected a Sherdog thread defending the rapist.
Not suprised mofos

Out of curiosity, please weigh in on the following. As there are actually three separate judgments involved in this case.

1) Do you agree with the classification of the acts as described as "rape"?

2) Do you agree with the wife's decision to press criminal charges against her husband?

3) Do you agree that 9 years is a fair sentence for the offense?

this isn't the Middle East

marital rape is still illegal

Well this thrwad really highlights the rapey posters on sherdog Im looking at you thunderflash

Some form of mutuality is obviously necessary.

Seriously, not to be rude, but I feel like I'm explaining sex to a recent immigrant from Saudi Arabia in a comedy sketch.
but I cant read my wife's mind when she's asleep, nor she mine.

but lets answer simpler questions. Is sex a reasonable expectation during a course of marriage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back