Husband Sentenced To 9 Years For Sexually Penetrating Bed-Sharing Wife In Her Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a definition of "rape" this is a bridge too far for my tastes. I can't tell you how many times I awoke my former wife with genital stimulation during the first year or so of our marriage.

If a) being married and b) sharing a bed does not constitute a condition of ongoing, expressed consent to sex with one's spouse there is a dangerous legal and cultural road ahead for married people. And men, in particular.

http://nypost.com/2017/08/03/woman-finds-out-husband-raped-her-from-videos-on-his-phone/

why was the wife pissed enough to go through with these charges?

The guy's a massive creep. When she got drunk, he would film himself having sex with her while she was unconscious. It is rape, it's not like he was fun-poking in the middle of the night to try and get her in the mood like a normal person, this is bizarre behaviour.

You'd think he would know by the time he married her if his wife would be down for some sleep sex or not. I happen to think that he knew she wouldn't be ok with it, and he went ahead and did it anyway.

You can, without question, rape your wife.
You cant rape your wife.

Maybe in comicbook land of no honor or integrity where marriage is just seen as cheap.

When you marry you are united on flesh and spirit (IMHO). Each persons body is the others to love and please.

Why get married if you are going to treat eachother like random pedestrians or "roommates".

I only draw the line at phyiscal abuse that can lead to hospitalization.

Maybe they they were never meant to be married.

Divorce rates are high. People treat marrige like fastfood.

lol does it go both ways? Im sure most of us here have been woken by oral by their girl. I guess we were raped

I never told any of my girlfriends not to shit on me in my sleep, but if I woke up and found video on their phone of them doing it I'd be a little miffed.

Well, since shitting on one another isn't a fundamental part of the marriage compact from time immemorial this is about as bad a comparison as one could make to the act of sexual congress.

Same laws apply to everyone married or not. Consent must still be given. Marriage isn't a contact of ownership, it's a partnership.

True but its not like a business partnership.

Its lifelong. Your spouse should be your best friend. Share everything and know everything about one another.

Consent should be by default.
Its not like dating over and over.

Traditional marrigage is pretty much the only thing i agree with when it comes to conservative values.

You cant rape your wife.

Maybe in comicbook land of no honor or integrity where marriage is just seen as cheap.

When you marry you are united on flesh and spirit (IMHO). Each persons body is the others to love and please.

Why get married if you are going to treat eachother like random pedestrians or "roommates".

I only draw the line at phyiscal abuse that can lead to hospitalization.

Maybe they they were never meant to be married.

Divorce rates are high. People treat marrige like fastfood.

{<huh}{<huh}{<huh}

The most important thing in a healthy marriage is good communication.

Unless you fuck your wife while she is sleeping and she doesn't notice.

Then the most important thing is not to tell the police about it.

That is exactly rape.

So you're saying there is no implied, mutual consent to physical intimacy when two people are married and in the same bed together?

I get the sense you have never shared a bed with a woman.

Lovemaking doesn't always begin with a formal "Do I have permission to touch you now with the intent of creating sexual arousal in you, honey?"

Man to police: I raped my wife.

Some people in this thread: I don't think he raped his wife.

Sorry, guys, I'm going to have to believe the convicted rapist on this one. He was there.

Well, since shitting on one another isn't a fundamental part of the marriage compact from time immemorial this is about as bad a comparison as one could make to the act of sexual congress.
I mean call me old fashioned but I'm pretty sure banging your wife while she's passed out drunk and video taping it isn't either, but I think you got my point.

So you're saying there is no implied, mutual consent to physical intimacy when two people are married and in the same bed together?

I get the sense you have never shared a bed with a woman.

Lovemaking doesn't always begin with a formal "Do I have permission to touch you now with the intent of creating sexual arousal in you, honey?"

He raped her while she was unconscious, filmed it, and hid the videos. No, marriage does not imply that you can do that.

Jesus this thread takes any notion of moral progress on Sherdog back 100 years.

He raped her while she was unconscious, filmed it, and hid the videos. No, marriage does not imply that you can do that.

I don't think you're allowed to do that without filming it either.

It's definitely frowned upon to have sex with a lady when she's not conscious.

uh, the article pretty much made it plain.

“I take the view you took advantage of the fact that she was in drink and a heavy sleeper.”

He was waiting till she was drunkenly out and then going to town on her.

That's rape by any standard

Only if this is some kind of bizarro, sexless "marriage" wherein the two parties continue to share the same bed. And the guy was trying to fuck the woman in her sleep because she would never put out when awake. Then, yes, that would be rape.

Meh. Don't sleep in the same bed as the man you married if you don't want it.

I find myself agreeing with thunderturd a bit...

Although the videoing without letting her know might be a bit criminal. But banging your own wife/husband should be allowed even if they're drunk unless they specifically said no or refuse for a reason at that moment. I dunno. If you can't get kinky drunk random sex from the spouse then it's not much of a marriage. Then again I'm not married so what do I know.

why was the wife pissed enough to go through with these charges?

I can only guess that she is a complete head case. Unless, as I've suggested, there is significantly more to this story than what's been reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back