Hurricane Florence: Reporter confronts people looting on live TV

Steve-French

What A Rush!!!
@Gold
Reaction score
Talk about fucking low. Judging by the housing this appears to be a low income neighborhood, but there is still no excuse for this. I would expect that communities would have a sense of unity when a natural disaster like this occurs and not steal from the local businesses.

Talk about fucking low. Judging by the housing this appears to be a low income neighborhood, but there is still no excuse for this. I would expect that communities would have a sense of unity when a natural disaster like this occurs and not steal from the local businesses.

Saw the ad at beginning of video and thought it was a different demographic looting.

Nope. Same old same old.

Surprised she kept her rain boots mic and pink jacket.

Uhhh wait a minute.

That looks like a grocery store.

Not an electronics store or a nike surplus outlet.

During Katrina when white folks were stealing diapers, bread and water the news called it survival.

But when POC do the exact same thing its looting?

Uhhh wait a minute.

During Katrina when white folks were stealing diapers, bread and water the news called it survival.

So you are saying these people are starving and just trying to survive not just looking for free shit.

Som how I don't believe you.

Uhhh wait a minute.

You're right. Both commit crimes at the same rate.
I'm -100% sure we won't see electronics and Nikes getting looted.

Uhhh wait a minute.

mehhhhhhhhh

if this had been a few days after the storm and people were desperate (they will be soon....wilmington is literally cut off with interstates flooded), maybe theyd get more of a pass.

Uhhh wait a minute.

They said that?

In the good old days, plundering and looting was a viable and respected way of life.

So you are saying these people are starving and just trying to survive not just looking for free shit.

Som how I don't believe you.

Bro if they were running out with stereos, tv' and shoes then yeah I'd be like "fuck them."

I hate theives more than i intergers, but if this is displaced people seeking food then the news is wrong as two left shoes.

Bro if they were running out with stereos, tv' and shoes then yeah I'd be like "fuck them."

I hate theives more than i intergers, but if this is displaced people seeking food then the news is wrong as two left shoes.

Yea it looks like they live across the street and just saw a way to get free shit once someone broke in.

If they were in real need I could see it but I don't see it here.

Uhhh wait a minute.

That there media, just giving us the facts and not at all trying to keep us splintered. Smh.

mehhhhhhhhh

if this had been a few days after the storm and people were desperate (they will be soon....wilmington is literally cut off with interstates flooded), maybe theyd get more of a pass.
Fair point.
Look I dont know what to believe about that damn storm. Seems like aint nobody being genuine about it. Anderson cooper standing in ditches, local weathermen faking like they are about to be blown down the street... So i honestly dont know what to believe.

In the good old days, plundering and looting was a viable and respected way of life.

You have to be Pierce Brosnan cool about it.
Nobody fuck's with Remington Steele.

Except Laura Holt. Ohhhh, she got him every time.

Uhhh wait a minute.

It's a family dollar. (Dollar Store) I would be saying the same thing if white people were to be doing that too. Besides it's been like a day since the storm. I highly doubt those losers are just stealing groceries to survive.

Fair point.
Look I dont know what to believe about that damn storm. Seems like aint nobody being genuine about it. Anderson cooper standing in ditches, local weathermen faking like they are about to be blown down the street... So i honestly dont know what to believe.
nice avatar, still not sure how to use the seashells

nice avatar, still not sure how to use the seashells
Thanks. I always hoped it was a shelf top bidet...
It's a family dollar. (Dollar Store) I would be saying the same thing if white people were to be doing that too. Besides it's been like a day since the storm. I highly doubt those losers are just stealing groceries to survive.

Yea and the alarm is going off too so they still have power.

I currently live in a desert so I aint gon pretend to know what is happening, only talking about how it looks and the fucked up tactics the media uses to keep us at odds.
So either way the response can be seen as an over-reaction to the news playing the ratings game.

I aint about to sweat a dollar store, holla at me when they are running out of Best Buy.

Putting a time limit on the struggle is only gonna wind up biting folks in the ass so lets not do that.

Back