Huntington Beach OIS Update on dead suspect tied to murder of elderly male

Protectandserve

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Pretty bad shoot by HB. Looks like I'll be working some riot/protest stuff this weekend...

Mods advise if this needs to be take down. Warning video shows fatal police shooting.

* mod note* - Had to take the video out of the post, it shows a guy getting shot to death. Search youtube for "video shows Huntington Beach police officer shooting man outside 7-eleven".

Last edited by a moderator:
was he trying to reach for something on the OFficer's belt?

I don't know the whole story...but from this video, it does look excessive.

God damn that greasy little skater had awesome bullet resistance. #GOATchin

What did he have in his hand when he got up?

Damn was he armed with something I did see. Like a gun in his waist band?

That looks bad but it's hard to tell from the video.

"Real life shootings are so bland and bloodless." -Sam Peckinpah

You see the kid pull something from the officer's belt at around the 8 second mark. A knife, perhaps?

was he trying to reach for something on the OFficer's belt?

I don't know the whole story...but from this video, it does look excessive.

At 0:07 it definitely looks like he got a hold of something. Can't tell what.

Non-compliant and tries to grab something from the cop's belt. Also, given how many rounds he takes before he goes down, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was on something like Bath Salts.

The cop will have questions to answer, but I've seen far worse shoots.

At 0:07 it definitely looks like he got a hold of something. Can't tell what.
If it was from the officers belt, it was likely mace or something. I doubt he had a 2nd firearm on his belt. Now, he was struggling with the officer and had his arms around his legs at one point. Maybe an ankle holstered backup piece? However, I think it was likely mace from the officers belt.

Other reports say that the suspect was originally holding a girl hostage. They police were previously wrestling with the suspect too according to reports.

If it was from the officers belt, it was likely mace or something. I doubt he had a 2nd firearm on his belt. Now, he was struggling with the officer and had his arms around his legs at one point. Maybe an ankle holstered backup piece? However, I think it was likely mace from the officers belt.

Yeah I was thinking it was pepper spray, and it definitely came out of his belt. Didn't look like a taser or other firearm. You can see he's still holding it at the end.

Also odd that there's no audio until right when the shooting starts. I'm sure there was dialogue during the struggle that would be informative.

It looks like he took one of the officer's extra clips.

The guy seems high. But I'm not sure how anybody could make the argument, in that moment, that the cop was really in any danger at all.

cops in the US are out of fucking control. this shit almost never happens in the EU

There's a screen shot on the OC Register and it looks like a flashlight. You can see the lens in that screen shot.

Cop has shit strewn all over so there was sure an altercation prior. Radio, glades and other stuff,on the ground.

But kid being able to grab stuff shows importance of positional grappling for cops.

Jesus Huntington, you guys cant take this lil twink down? Do you even lift bros?

Back