Crime Hundreds of sex abuse allegations found in fundamental Baptist churches across U.S.

Do you really think more pay would stop teachers molesting kids?

That's a separate issue.
I agree but I wasnt specifically talking about that.
I was referring to this part of your post.
"So who's fault is it when teachers in school that teach civic responsibility and morals also fail."

As an individual sure . . . but to lay blame on all churches/preachers/christians due to the actions of one or more individuals claiming to be in those groups is pathetic. Like blaming the NRA or all gun owners for the actions of a criminal who has killed others. Or all men because one man kills another, etc. What do the "cool kids" think about that?

Evil exists where man exists. I think we all have some level of "evil" in our hearts. Some more than others and most of us (thankfully) choose to not act on those impulses.
The blame on "all churches/preachers/ christians " is their blind eye, and sometimes complicit cover ups and lack of attention to the sexual abuse problem in the church.

As an individual sure . . . but to lay blame on all churches/preachers/christians due to the actions of one or more individuals claiming to be in those groups is pathetic. Like blaming the NRA or all gun owners for the actions of a criminal who has killed others. Or all men because one man kills another, etc. What do the "cool kids" think about that?

Evil exists where man exists. I think we all have some level of "evil" in our hearts. Some more than others and most of us (thankfully) choose to not act on those impulses.

Claiming? I'm going to say that Priests, Bishops, and Cardinals are actual, card carrying members of the Roman Catholic Church.

The blame on "all churches/preachers/ christians " is their blind eye, and sometimes complicit cover ups and lack of attention to the sexual abuse problem in the church.

So you're of the opinion that all churches/preachers/christians are complicit in the supposed cover-up or actions of ALL churches where these issues occur? How does that even make sense to you?

Are you actually of the belief that the church I attend in OKC is responsible for the actions/management of a church in another city/state?

Or maybe teach or any other occupation that teach mortality.

Or don't you think teachers and coach's teach morals as part of their job.

But the cool kids want to forget that.

If want numbers I would say teachers molest more then any other occupation . Going by the numbers of school age kids and number of teachers.

It's a wide spread problem and I have no problem with exposing and church member that does this.

The biggest problem with this in churches is the cover up and secrecy which makes it harder to root out.
I can agree with you on your last point here. It is the cover up and secrecy.
It needs to be transparent and accountable.
Abuse of power and sexual misconduct are human problems not exclusive of any group.
The cover up and secrecy attracts misbehaviors because they are more shielded.

Claiming? I'm going to say that Priests, Bishops, and Cardinals are actual, card carrying members of the Roman Catholic Church.

And? There are dozens if not several dozen supposed televangelists who claim to preach the word of God yet only do so for their own selfish, financial reasons . . . they're definitely not reflective of the vast majority of preachers.

Being a preacher, priest, etc. doesn't make you perfect or any more of a christian than the rest of us . . .

Or, you know, it could be that churches push unhealthy attitudes about authority and submitting to authority figures, unhealthy repression of sexuality, and systemically cover up the moral failings of their members for the public image of their church and religion.
This is exactly why gay pedo's join the church in the first place, because they know this and take advantage of it. It is a symptom of the institution and nothing to do with the doctrine. If someone was gay why would they join the church only to have "unhealthy repression of their sexuality"?

And? There are dozens if not several dozen supposed televangelists who claim to preach the word of God yet only do so for their own selfish, financial reasons . . . they're definitely not reflective of the vast majority of preachers.

Being a preacher, priest, etc. doesn't make you perfect or any more of a christian than the rest of us . . .
Considering the only evangelical pastor I ever met in person stole all the church's money and took a powder, having bankrupted the church, it leaves me feeling the likes of John Hagee are reflective of the evangelical church. Scammers all, if you ask me. At least as much if not moreso than every leftist is an extremist apologist for Antifa and every liberal wants open borders.

Never blame God for something that could have been either fixed or prevented by man.
Exodus 7:3-5
"But I will harden Pharaoh’s heart, and though I multiply My signs and wonders in Egypt, he will not listen to you. Then I will lay My hand on Egypt and with mighty acts of judgment I will bring out My divisions, My people the Israelites. And the Egyptians will know that I am the Lord when I stretch out My hand against Egypt and bring the Israelites out of it."

Caused the death of a lot of Egyptian males...

I am not surprised someone named @D 1 Wrestler makes a thread about sexual abuse. Wrestling is inherently gay unlike Christianity. They probably don't report the sexual abuse as much in wrestling though due to the homoerotic nature of the participants.
You saying don't define God in one's flawed way yet you define wrestling in your own flawed way?

Evil is merely the absence of God, just like darkness is the absence of light. Free will is literally in choosing darkness or light. Its that simple.
Bullshit. Again:

"But I will harden Pharaoh’s heart, and though I multiply My signs and wonders in Egypt, he will not listen to you. Then I will lay My hand on Egypt and with mighty acts of judgment I will bring out My divisions, My people the Israelites. And the Egyptians will know that I am the Lord when I stretch out My hand against Egypt and bring the Israelites out of it."

So killing the Egyptian firstborns wasn't evil? YHWH made the Pharaoh stubborn, to force him to release the Israelites, YHWH killed all the firstborn males in Egypt not protected by the Passover blood. YHWH set it up so the Pharaoh will fail, and the collateral damage are the firstborn guys. That ain't evil?

So the cool kids have decided it's gods fault if man fails and he happens to be a member of a religion.

So churches that teach morals as people that fail and it's gods fault.

So who's fault is it when teachers in school that teach civic responsibility and morals also fail.

Then we get to sports that have always taught morals in sportsmanship and consideration of others through competition and we have people that fail.

It's almost like bad people will use a good cover to do bad things.

You know individual responsibly.
Simple. Religions tend to tell the Deity's qualities (omnipotent, omniscient and all that shit). Then the Deity's wants. Basically He can solve this or prevent this, otherwise His qualities are a lie. But these shit does happen. Done by His "chosen," even. God can create the universe but can't stop a man? Bullshit. Again:

He has been recorded to interfere. But why doesn't He interfere today? That's why we come back to those ABC choices:
God allows evil because A: It wants evil to exist; B) It is powerless to stop it, or; C) God does not exist.
That either forces His qualities (omnipotent aka all-powerful) to be a lie, or His wants (be holy, not sinning) be faked and misinterpreted by His people.

You saying don't define God in one's flawed way yet you define wrestling in your own flawed way?
OP took to trolling so I was just giving it back to him. Ever since Conor lost OP has lost his faith in God and started posted in the War Room instead of trolling the heavies, :rolleyes:. I respect wrestling, even though it has a low level of competition. I want to stop shit posting now and mussing up the thread even though OP is a complete dork and a troll. I already gave my opinion, no need to have to keep running around in circles explaining myself 100 times. Carry on folks, Old testament is different then the new FYI... Christianity is a collection of thoughts, I disagree with anyone taking it as the direct word of "God" or a "Prophet". Carry on

OP took to trolling so I was just giving it back to him. Ever since Conor lost OP has lost his faith in God and started posted in the War Room instead of trolling the heavies, :rolleyes:. I respect wrestling, even though it has a low level of competition. I want to stop shit posting now and mussing up the thread even though OP is a complete dork and a troll.
Sorry, didn't know the backstory.

The difference is that soccer doesn't preach that it imparts morality on its participants, it's just a set of rules for playing a social game. Religions are specifically in the business of morality so when it is discovered that widespread child abuse is occurring it becomes a glaring contradiction of values. That many churches have heard about the abuses and have hushed the subject or moved offenders on, perpetuating the abuse, is even more heinous.

That said, there is still regular reporting on sports where this sort of things happen - Diving in the US, swimming in Australia - it is not subject to the same degree of media attention.

My last observation is that you should be careful of the perception you are giving which is that you are a Christian and are deflecting. No-one is personally accusing you or your particular gathering, but there is a sickness out there which has be dealt with which we should all be on board for.

Don't agree at all. Organized sport is all about instilling values: Hardwork, comradery, fair play, character building. Just like church.

Also, at least it's a scandal when this happens in Christian churches.

This kind of shit is accepted as just part of the deal in Islam.

I wonder what other religion has this issue?

Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, Islamism?

Well okay India is apparently incredibly rapey, and we all know about Islam or think we do.

Considering the only evangelical pastor I ever met in person stole all the church's money and took a powder, having bankrupted the church, it leaves me feeling the likes of John Hagee are reflective of the evangelical church. Scammers all, if you ask me. At least as much if not moreso than every leftist is an extremist apologist for Antifa and every liberal wants open borders.

Sounds like you met a greedy douchebag. I've been a Christian for most of my life and absolutely hate the word "Evangelical" when it's used to describe a specific group of believers or churches. To me, you're either a Christian or you're not. I don't consider myself to be an Evangelical anything . . . .

Bullshit. Again:

So killing the Egyptian firstborns wasn't evil? YHWH made the Pharaoh stubborn, to force him to release the Israelites, YHWH killed all the firstborn males in Egypt not protected by the Passover blood. YHWH set it up so the Pharaoh will fail, and the collateral damage are the firstborn guys. That ain't evil?

Simple. Religions tend to tell the Deity's qualities (omnipotent, omniscient and all that shit). Then the Deity's wants. Basically He can solve this or prevent this, otherwise His qualities are a lie. But these shit does happen. Done by His "chosen," even. God can create the universe but can't stop a man? Bullshit.
Your mind is so fixated on being right you aren’t even listening or understanding the arguments you oppose.

Your mind is so fixated on being right you aren’t even listening or understanding the arguments you oppose.
Oh, pray tell, where did I go wrong. Please enlighten me.

Fearful people think mocking somethething changes the merits of an argument. It’s literally because they are slaves to consensus opinion. Little ability to form an opinion of their own. Utterly shallow, meaningless people.

Oh, pray tell, where did I go wrong. Please enlighten me.
You serve your fears just as a coward does. This is why you attack an argument before understanding or even listening. But I already told you this.

Not that my opinion in this passage will matter to you but here goes . . .

The Egyptian Pharaoh was a position held by several evil men . . . in this particular instance his evil went unchecked for quite a while and he ultimately crossed the point of no return with regards to what his evil actions did to his heart. His actions and choices had consequences. He had 10 opportunities to reflect on those choices and make better decisions. He chose not to. God had a plan to free His chosen people from slavery. He was able to use the choices made by the Pharaoh at the time to make that happen.

Caused the death of a lot of Egyptian males...

Bullshit. Again:

Simple. Religions tend to tell the Deity's qualities (omnipotent, omniscient and all that shit). Then the Deity's wants. Basically He can solve this or prevent this, otherwise His qualities are a lie. But these shit does happen. Done by His "chosen," even. God can create the universe but can't stop a man? Bullshit. Again:

He has been recorded to interfere. But why doesn't He interfere today? That's why we come back to those ABC choices:

That either forces His qualities (omnipotent aka all-powerful) to be a lie, or His wants (be holy, not sinning) be faked and misinterpreted by His people.

Back