Hundreds of newspaper editorials coordinate rebuk of Trump’s attacks on the free press

Alex Jones is 'fake news' but the National Enquirer and World News Report aren't?

they still have FB pages, just saying....

Trump lost his Hollywood star, but Spacey and Cosby did not...
Can play this game all day, hilarious
Wah, the world is so unfair to poor Donny.

why, per se, do you think someone like performance artist Alex Jones had so many followers?

they all thought the frogs were gay?

or the mainstream media is so laughably bad that some rando fat guy that sells prepper shit can amass millions of followers and force tech companies to collude and censor him

Mainly because overall he tells them what they want to hear. And he came up during a time when he was able to get his message out for free.

Do you think this guy would have had this big of a following in the 80s or 90s relying on TV and Radio? Would they have kept him on the air doing the Sandy Hook shit?

<36>

Even your boys at Foxnews called out the Whitehouse for this bullshit.

Reporters shout questions to Trump about different topics all of the time because he won't hold presidential white house press conferences.

When they shout a question he likes, he turns around and answers it. When they ask a question he doesn't like he runs away, and in this case barred the reporter from attending another press conference.

Oh...so it's Trump's fault that reporters shout off-topic questions at him all of the time?

Throwback thursday.

So what you're saying is the 'conservative conglomerate' is now attacking Trump?

I'm saying 70% of Americans think he's retarded including the conservative dominated media corporations.

Oh...so it's Trump's fault that reporters shout off-topic questions at him all of the time?

Actually yes it is. He won't hold press conferences and the American People deserve answers about these questions.

He got flustered and embarrassed during his one and only open press conference so now he hides from anybody asking him tough questions.

He just goes to rallies chanting "lock her up" with all of his rubes.

Lol I love these threads because they highlight just how much the left truly hates freedom of speech.

You guys can deny it all you want, say you arent but actions speak louder than words, it's pretty much factual information at this point. You guys might as well just band together and rally against free speech like you'd love to.

Mainly because overall he tells them what they want to hear. And he came up during a time when he was able to get his message out for free.

Do you think this guy would have had this big of a following in the 80s or 90s relying on TV and Radio? Would they have kept him on the air doing the Sandy Hook shit?
no that's a totally good pt, the FCC would likely have hemmed him up swiftly on the radio IMO (although i'm basing that exclusively off my knowledge of Howard Stern and Opie and Anthony)

I don't even personally care they banned him, that dude was mad crazy. But it's not a good sign.

Even though I disagree HIGHLY w/ hiring that racist Korean girl at the NYT, I at least respect the gangsta they showed by not cowtowing to the pressure. If more people had balls in that regard, none of this would be an issue. Don't like someone's views? Don't read or listen to them, too easy. I can't listen to the extremely effeminate hosts at Vox, so I just don't watch them....(Vice is better IMO anyway)

The left is becoming, in many regards, what the Religious Right was in the 90s......and that is a horrible move IMO. They won't win telling others how to speak, think, or act.....IMO

Actually yes it is. He won't hold press conferences and the American People deserve answers about these questions.

Stop...stop trying to speak for everyone, you speak for yourself. The American People are not obsessed with Cohen tapes or Omarosa tapes, CNN and the NYT are you are doing THEIR bidding.

He got flustered and embarrassed during his one and only open press conference so now he hides from anybody asking him tough questions.

Except he answered all of the relevant questions about the EU tariffs, not the distractions that the media was to talk about because winning vs the EU on trade makes him look good....deflect to Cohen.

He just goes to rallies chanting "lock her up" with all of his rubes.

the hell does this have to do with the topic?

Lol I love these threads because they highlight just how much the left truly hates freedom of speech.

You guys can deny it all you want, say you arent but actions speak louder than words, it's pretty much factual information at this point. You guys might as well just band together and rally against free speech like you'd love to.

The left believes your rights come from the state, so outside of the state, you do not have a freedom of speech. I'd love to hear from a lefty who doesn't believe this.

Yeah, getting journalism degrees and training from universities like Yale and Princeton, where less than 1% of the country is smart enough to enroll, doesn't qualify them to do anything more than the sexless slobs who scribble up the fake news that your kind consumes.
Awww man that one got me right in the feels.

Do they teach political agenda or how to report without bias at Yale and Princeton?

Awww man that one got me right in the feels.

Do they teach political agenda or how to report without bias at Yale and Princeton?

I don't know what "political agenda" entails, but yes, they teach "how to report without bias" at Yale and Princeton.

no that's a totally good pt, the FCC would likely have hemmed him up swiftly on the radio IMO (although i'm basing that exclusively off my knowledge of Howard Stern and Opie and Anthony)

I don't even personally care they banned him, that dude was mad crazy. But it's not a good sign.

Even though I disagree HIGHLY w/ hiring that racist Korean girl at the NYT, I at least respect the gangsta they showed by not cowtowing to the pressure. If more people had balls in that regard, none of this would be an issue. Don't like someone's views? Don't read or listen to them, too easy. I can't listen to the extremely effeminate hosts at Vox, so I just don't watch them....(Vice is better IMO anyway)

The left is becoming, in many regards, what the Religious Right was in the 90s......and that is a horrible move IMO. They won't win telling others how to speak, think, or act.....IMO

Even without the FCC do you think producers would allow him to get away with that shit? Would advertisers be willing to sponsor his show (based on his current business model probably not).

He would have had to buy airtime and hope to attract donations or advertisers.

He was able to get where he is using a free platform.

As for the chick at the NYTs I think that is more analogous to The Atlantic firing Kevin Williamson being fired from The Atlantic for his writings on abortion. He is a legit journalist and he's unapologetic in his views. I thought that was bullshit.

Even without the FCC do you think producers would allow him to get away with that shit? Would advertisers be willing to sponsor his show (based on his current business model probably not).

He would have had to buy airtime and hope to attract donations or advertisers.

He was able to get where he is using a free platform.

As for the chick at the NYTs I think that is more analogous to The Atlantic firing Kevin Williamson being fired from The Atlantic for his writings on abortion. He is a legit journalist and he's unapologetic in his views. I thought that was bullshit.
again, I agree w/ you on the principal of they were private companies (although let's be real, they're essentially all Monopolies at this pt, so the argument for being treated as a Public Utility does have some merit, or an Internet Bill of Rights) so they can debo him if they deem fit.

But at the same time, many many people that agree with them firing Alex Jones also disagree w/ the NFL owners regarding the Anthem protest, or the gay cake baker, etc...

I realize they all fall under different forms of Freedom of Speech (or Assembly, or Religion) but it is hilarious that people only seem to support the Owners when they agree w/ them (not saying you, you're a levelheaded guy)

Stop...stop trying to speak for everyone, you speak for yourself. The American People are not obsessed with Cohen tapes or Omarosa tapes, CNN and the NYT are you are doing THEIR bidding.

I guess that's why Trump keeps tweeting about them lol, because no one cares.

Except he answered all of the relevant questions about the EU tariffs, not the distractions that the media was to talk about because winning vs the EU on trade makes him look good....deflect to Cohen.

Wrong press conference buddy. Trump held one White House Press Conference where he got blustered and embarrassed. That was over a year ago and he hasn't held another. So if you want to ask him real questions this is the only way to do it.[/quote]

the hell does this have to do with the topic?

a lot

People in here comparing Infowars to actual press??

{<huh}

People in here comparing Infowars to actual press??

{<huh}
if it wasn't 'press' and wasn't say swaying any opinions....

then why censor it? They tacitly admitted his apparent pull by their actions

we may all think he was crazy, but 2M other people didn't (or just watched to laugh at him, not sure)

TBH I've never even watched a single Alex Jones report, only ever seen the out of context hilarious 'frogs are gay' comments and other Meme type stuff. I have no idea what his actual day to day show was like, but i'm sure it was crazy
edit: I take that back, I did specifically watch when Eddie Bravo was on just to see who could outconspire who

again, I agree w/ you on the principal of they were private companies (although let's be real, they're essentially all Monopolies at this pt, so the argument for being treated as a Public Utility does have some merit, or an Internet Bill of Rights) so they can debo him if they deem fit.

But at the same time, many many people that agree with them firing Alex Jones also disagree w/ the NFL owners regarding the Anthem protest, or the gay cake baker, etc...

I realize they all fall under different forms of Freedom of Speech (or Assembly, or Religion) but it is hilarious that people only seem to support the Owners when they agree w/ them (not saying you, you're a levelheaded guy)

If ISPs were banning Alex Jones I could understand arguing about utilities and monopolies (Comcast banning his URL).

But Youtube? Couldn't he just host his own videos on his website?

Anthony Cumia has a subscription based podcast with videos (no youtube) hosted on his website and apps he paid to develop and maintain.

And the NFL anthem was a small distraction at first. It became a big deal because of the President of the US got involved calling for the owners to stop it. That is implicit government interference imo.

And Jones wasn't fired from anywhere as he wasn't employed. He signed up to use free platforms and agreed to their terms of service. He violated him so they cut him off.

The NFL is a bit more complicated because their is a collective bargaining agreement that should cover player behavior and I guess this wasn't covered (most likely will be in the next negotiation).

But that is also the point of any form of civil disobedience, to get the people on the side of your cause.

The people supporting the NFL players support their message. Nobody would be defending their right to protest if Kaep took a knee to protest Greg Hardy being suspended for Domestic Abuse (outside of Cowboys fans).

What is their about Alex Jones to defend? His message?

If ISPs were banning Alex Jones I could understand arguing about utilities and monopolies (Comcast banning his URL).

But Youtube? Couldn't he just host his own videos on his website?

Anthony Cumia has a subscription based podcast with videos (no youtube) hosted on his website and apps he paid to develop and maintain.

And the NFL anthem was a small distraction at first. It became a big deal because of the President of the US got involved calling for the owners to stop it. That is implicit government interference imo.

And Jones wasn't fired from anywhere as he wasn't employed. He signed up to use free platforms and agreed to their terms of service. He violated him so they cut him off.

The NFL is a bit more complicated because their is a collective bargaining agreement that should cover player behavior and I guess this wasn't covered (most likely will be in the next negotiation).

But that is also the point of any form of civil disobedience, to get the people on the side of your cause.

The people supporting the NFL players support their message. Nobody would be defending their right to protest if Kaep took a knee to protest Greg Hardy being suspended for Domestic Abuse (outside of Cowboys fans).

What is their about Alex Jones to defend? His message?
to defend? the extremely vague TOS and pretty much anything containing undescribed 'hate speech' being used to censor someone is extremely suspect, like always.

That's beyond kangaroo court level of control, they're essentially all Dan Akroyd in Nothing But Trouble at this pt

which is that's fine by you, touche. It's highly suspect IMO

Back