Hulk Hogan Met Nirvana and It was Bad

WaylonMercy5150

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Pat Smear (Touring Guitarist For Nirvana): Can I tell you my Hulk Hogan story? I actually met him. He was backstage at the final Nirvana concert at the Forum, which for me, was
like,"Oh my God, I'm playing on the SAME stage as [Queen's] Brian May!" I was dying. Anyway, Hulk comes backstage drunk out of his fucking mind, and he started begging Kurt to let him play with us. It was so disgusting. He was like, "I'm all washed up; you are what's happening now." It was horrible! He was a horrible racist pig!

Jeff: I heard he was running Mennen Speed Stick deodorant all over his face. Is that true?

Pat: Yeah [laughs]. Kurt had this deodorant, and he sniffed it or something like that, and it got on his face. It looked like he had cocaine under his nose.

Jennifer: I heard he was asking Kurt to let him come on stage and play "Real American," but Kurt said, "no," and Hulk said, "C'mon, let me play the Mexican's guitar," referring to you.

Pat: I told Krist [Novoselic], I thought we should let him play with us. But he said no because we'd never get him off the stage. When I walked up to Hulk, he was talking to Krist. I just saw the back of his head so I knew who he was. And Krist goes, "Oh Hulkster, you haven't met Pat. He's our new guitar player." Hulk turns around and sees me, but he
doesn't say hello or anything. He just say's, "Oh no, not a dark one."
At first I thought he was kidding. But he kept asking me, "What are you? Are you like a Raji or something? Are you Mexican?" Then he kept saying
to Kurt," C'mon let me play the Mexican's guitar." I was horrified!

Jeff: Is he the El Duce of Wrestling?

Pat: [Laughs] Hulk Hogan is the perfect example for me of not wanting to meet your heroes 'cause you'll be disappointed. I hear he's
sober now. I blame that incident totally on the alcohol. I've done a lot of bad things when I was drunk, too.

Jeff: I don't think you're coming from a judgmental place at all.

Pat: I was just shocked. I was thinking, "God, Hulk Hogan hates me.

The difference between sobriety and intoxication was never more clearly illustrated than on December 30, when Nirvana played a show at the Great Western Forum near Los Angeles. Filmmaker Dave Markey was videotaping that night and observed a display of inebriation so extreme, he turned his camera off in pity. And it wasn't Kurt who was a mess - it was Hulk Hogan. The famed "wrestler" was backstage on his knees drunk, begging Krist to let him jam. Kurt arrived only to see hogan collapsing toward him with his lips puckered, like a toasted Dean Martin in a bad Rat-Pack skit. "No, you can't play with us", Kurt flatly announced. "we don't have any extra guitars."

Hogan didn't grasp this obvious lie and pointed to Pat Smear(nirvanas then rhythm guitarist), shouting, "Well, then let me play
the Mexican's guitar. What is he, is he mexican? is he black?" Kurt couldn't believe his ears. "Hulk went into this racist, homophobic
banter, typical redneck," observed Dave Markey. "It was surreal." Kurt was furious, but finally came up with a worthy verbal response:
"Actually you can jam" he promised. "You can go onstage after our encore. Just go up there and flex by yourself!" Kurt stormed off

Stopped reading at Pat Smear
Fuck thats a stupid name

Old drunk redneck from Florida says stupid racist stuff.

News at 11.

Well I met hogan and I'm brown and he was nice to me my bro and dad.

Please tell me they didn't destroy the videotape.

Sounds like they met a legend, brother.

Also, stay sober, Terry.

I like Nirvana and all, but those guys were obviously just bitter because Hulk was their first choice to be their bass player back in 1991, but turned them down because he was about to become a major Hollywood star.

I like Nirvana and all, but those guys were obviously just bitter because Hulk was their first choice to be their bass player back in 1991, but turned them down because he was about to become a major Hollywood star.
They begged the Hulkster brother. They saw him slam Andre the Giant in front of 173,000 screaming Hulkamanics and they knew jack that they had to get that kind of energy into every one of their shows dude. So they came to the Hulkster and said please dude we need the power of the Hulkamanics and that's when the Hulkster looked deep inside himself brother and said just one thing to those grungeamanics dude

Just goes to show that if you can avoid putting the barrel in your mouth you can go a run that that cements your legacy.

Please tell me they didn't destroy the videotape.
That's what I'm wondering. There's nothing about it anywhere online. You'd figure someone with video of a drunk Hulk Hogan begging Nirvana to play with them would release it at some point.

Not sure if I really believe everything here.

That's what I'm wondering. There's nothing about it anywhere online. You'd figure someone with video of a drunk Hulk Hogan begging Nirvana to play with them would release it at some point.

Not sure if I really believe everything here.

Yeah...I'm not buying this...not because I don't think Hogan would do it...I just have a hard time believing ti would have stayed buried.

Yeah...I'm not buying this...not because I don't think Hogan would do it...I just have a hard time believing ti would have stayed buried.
To be fair, he said it was at their last concert at the Forum, which was a few months before Kurt's suicide. Plus, some people don't share things out of respect until it matters.

Boy, Kurt sounded upset in that story. I hope he didn't do anything foolish as a result.

Why can't he call a Mexican a Mexican? Is Hogan not allowed to identify? Is this clown Agent 0 for snowflakes or is he a snowflake that traveled back in time?

Back