Huge Aldo fan but I feel his team are not the brightest folks around

ajcobra84

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Aldo is one of my favorite fighters of all time but for him to be allowed to get in with arguably the hardest hitting FW after being stopped twice back to back tells me his people are not the smartest team around.

Aldo would have rebounded against a lighter hitting guy not a brutal ko artist.

Dumb move by Aldo and his people

Gotta fight the best to be the best.

If he still has it he will prove it against a hard hitter like Stephens. Whats the point of giving easy fights? The entire goal is to be the best.

His previous losses were due to facing better strikers, he shouldn't have that problem here.

You’re telling me Max hits harder than Stephens idiot?

Max stops guys with volume he’s not a one punch knockout guy

Dumbass

Better striker, probably longer reach too.

Dumbass
Lol maybe he meant there was more to striking than "harder hitting"

They couldn't properly focus Aldo against McG and couldn't beat Max twice and he got tagged hard in those fights. Stephens is not that technical but he hits hard. At this point Aldo should have moved to USA a long time ago to improve but right now, he's facing a very dangerous guy.

will be interesting to see how aldo reacts to getting hit in the first few exchanges.

max was dishing out barrages when he put aldo away both times. im expecting stephens to do the same.

Nova União is an obsolete product of a bygone era. Most smart Brazilian fighters have relocated to the US to further their development. The dummies who stay behind get murked.

Dumbass
The ability to hit hard does not make one a better striker, in fact Stephens is incredibly limited in this stand up department. If you take a glance at his record he's got about 6 (T)KOs in the last decade so he's definitely overrated as a finisher on top of a pretty low fight IQ

His previous losses were due to facing better strikers, he shouldn't have that problem here.

the problem is, if he gets sucked into a brawl like he did vs Holloway, he's probably going to sleep.

no matter how good of striking you have, you don't brawl with bigger stronger guys, even if he sucks. i think Ernesto Hoost vs Bob Sapp proved that.

Dumbass
Striking isn't all about power.

Stephens has a 2/1 winning record. He has that power, but it isn't all about power. Holloway has MUCH better striking.

Anyway, like I said in my first post, the goal is to be the best. Why should Aldo's team protect him from a certain fighter?

LOL Aldo got finished by sheer pace and volume. Something Stephens doesn’t have

Dumbass

Who cares about who hits harder? Punching power is useless if you can't land properly.

Do you think DC hits harder than Ngannou? Why did DC KO Stipe but Ngannou couldn't?

will be interesting to see how aldo reacts to getting hit in the first few exchanges.

max was dishing out barrages when he put aldo away both times. im expecting stephens to do the same.
Well if he barrages Aldo to death it'll go against the "when I TKO guys they don't fuckin' move" shtick.

Lol maybe he meant there was more to striking than "harder hitting"
That’s fine if that’s what he meant but I never said Stephens was a better striker I said he was a “waaay harder hitter” which he clearly is.

The idiot didn’t catch that

Back