Huerta vs henderson Bellator MMA

Henderson should be the favorite but he doesn't seem like a championship caliber fighter anymore. Huerta never really was but he's aggressive and he could surprise.

Huerta must have been pretty close to a title shot when he submitted Guida...but that was 11 years ago and he went on to lose his next 2 fights. I guess that was his MMA peak.

Huerta must have been pretty close to a title shot when he submitted Guida...but that was 11 years ago and he went on to lose his next 2 fights. I guess that was his MMA peak.
Roger would likely have gotten the title shot if he'd beaten Kenny Florian

Always been a big fan of Roger and his fight this weekend is the one I'm looking forward to most now Tony Khabib died

Bellator 196 Weigh-in Results
Benson Henderson (153) vs. Roger Huerta (154)
Adam Borics (146) vs. Teodor Nikolov (146)
Denise Kielholtz (125) vs. Petra Castkova (125)
Brian Moore (145) vs. Giorgio Belsanti (143)
Ed Ruth (174) vs. Ion Pascu (173)
Norbert Novenyi (185) vs. Mehmet Yueksel (184

Bellator 196 Weigh-in Results
Benson Henderson (153) vs. Roger Huerta (154)
Adam Borics (146) vs. Teodor Nikolov (146)
Denise Kielholtz (125) vs. Petra Castkova (125)
Brian Moore (145) vs. Giorgio Belsanti (143)
Ed Ruth (174) vs. Ion Pascu (173)
Norbert Novenyi (185) vs. Mehmet Yueksel (184

Brian Moore is a good fighter, Ruth fighting.. Adam Borics is back Hungary against Budapest. Hendo - Huerta is such an odd match up I love it I am actually very interested in this fight.

Also Denise Kielholtz is a bad ass I would have preferred her defending her Bellator KB title but seeing how she is evolving in the MMA game is fun aswell this event as a whole is going to be great.

Huerta +575

In a 3 round fight and Benson’s slow starts and low volume as of late there’s a enough of a chance Roger steal a decision that I’ll make a small bet on him. It’s a big opportunity for him to resurrect his career. He should come in hungry.

Benson pretty much lost the Patricky fight because of low output and the wrestling hasn’t been as dependable and he doesn’t use it with confidence anymore

Benson pretty much lost the Patricky fight because of low output and the wrestling hasn’t been as dependable and he doesn’t use it with confidence anymore

Yeah, I don't get it. His new style seems to be a combination of low-output panic wrestling and panic striking (predictable superman punches, jumping into the pocket/getting hit/jumping out). It's hard to believe this guy was a top LW a few years ago. He dominated Nate Diaz, and now I think Nate would use him as a punching bag.

Yeah, I don't get it. His new style seems to be a combination of low-output panic wrestling and panic striking (predictable superman punches, jumping into the pocket/getting hit/jumping out). It's hard to believe this guy was a top LW a few years ago. He dominated Nate Diaz, and now I think Nate would use him as a punching bag.
nate talks a lot of shit while not fighting. In the past 5 years, he fought a FW 2x. In the past 10 he had a losing streak at WW, and a positive, albeit not overly impressive record at LW.
Also he's very entertaining, win or lose.

Bendo would kill Diaz again.
Either of them. Even if he's fallen off some.

Huerta looked as if he came off the street and had never trained a day in his life smh I mean those punches were atrocious.. rip Huerta and benson cause he’s terrible as well

Huerta looked as if he came off the street and had never trained a day in his life smh I mean those punches were atrocious.. rip Huerta and benson cause he’s terrible as well
as expected, but still fans thought he'd be in with a chance. Benson was never shot the way Huerta is shot.

nate talks a lot of shit while not fighting. In the past 5 years, he fought a FW 2x. In the past 10 he had a losing streak at WW, and a positive, albeit not overly impressive record at LW.
Also he's very entertaining, win or lose.

Bendo would kill Diaz again.
Either of them. Even if he's fallen off some.

No, Bendo's style has completely changed. He looked better against Huerta, but that's probably due to how bad Huerta is. If Bendo can start beating guys like the Freire brothers, then we can talk about him possibly beating Nate. For now, the smart money is on Nate boxing him up.

as expected, but still fans thought he'd be in with a chance. Benson was never shot the way Huerta is shot.

It's amazing that Huerta is only 34, the same age as Bendo. He literally peaked at age 23 (Guida fight) and was quite a good fighter when he was young. I can't think of any other fighter who declined so much in his 20s, unless it was due to injuries...I've seen interviews with him, though, and he talked a lot about a really bad childhood and demons that still haunt him. His decline may be more mental than anything.

When Bendo started talking about enlisting in the military, his decline started right away. You're either 100% committed to this sport or you're not.

Last edited:
True . When I saw this fight = I almost puked in disgust .. did Huerta just come out of rehab or something ? He looked horrible .. just wow

Benson was great when he pushed the pace, but then he got a taste of championship gold and was never really the same. I still think he lost the second fight with Edgar and that was really the beginning of his slide rather than it coming more recently after his military announcement.

What happened to Roger man..
Whys he bald as fuck

And why can't he fight anymore

Benson was great when he pushed the pace, but then he got a taste of championship gold and was never really the same. I still think he lost the second fight with Edgar and that was really the beginning of his slide rather than it coming more recently after his military announcement.
Wait what military announcement?

They soured on him after that because he wanted to get paid more than BJ (champ at the time), so they iced him for a while and then instead of continuing to build him up to be the next big star they put him in with the #1 contender and he never recovered.

Got to big for his britches and got taken out behind the woodshed by Kenny "Ribs" McFlorian.

the one @mkt mentioned about, he's considering (or has decided on) military service for the reserves I think.

I think we're confusing Bendo and Huerta...Bendo was the one who talked about going into the military. I'm not aware of Huerta saying that.

They soured on him after that because he wanted to get paid more than BJ (champ at the time), so they iced him for a while and then instead of continuing to build him up to be the next big star they put him in with the #1 contender and he never recovered.

Got to big for his britches and got taken out behind the woodshed by Kenny "Ribs" McFlorian.
wasn't it a 3rd decision loss? he shoiuld've been able to come back from that AND the Maynard loss, but I think all that talk about him "never losing" before his fight with Kenny highlighted his mentality, and once he'd lost those fights he lost some of the spark that made him want to try and reach the top. He obviously still likes combat sports but it's not working out professionally for him and it's not like he's looking great vs cans and then getting exposed by elite level fighters, he's had a lot of rough nights against fighters that will never reach the level he was at in the UFC.

I keep quoting the wrong people too, sorry about that everyone

Back