Huerta vs henderson Bellator MMA

Not a very interesting fight. It seems Bellator is trying to feed Bendo a win here, being as how he hasn't met expectations upon his arrival.

To the hardcore, it is
Umm... no, this fight is between two has-beens who have recognizable names. It is, by definition, only appealing to the most casual of fans who recognize the names of the fighters, but don't actually follow the sport.

This has more or less been Coker's model since taking over Bellator. Although, I'll give him credit for signing Larkin, who really didn't have a big name.

Last edited:
Interesting fight. Both guys are on the downslope of their careers, but are both game enough to hopefully pilut on a good fight. I’m also happy that it’s not another rematch, and that Bendo is not clogging up the title picture.

Yeah im pumped should be competive fight and if huerta comes as agressive as he does..i can see henderson trying to match him agression wise and a potential finish may occur becuase of this..

Umm... no, this fight is between two has-beens who have recognizable names. It is, by definition, only appealing to the most casual of fans who recognize the names of the fighters, but don't actually follow the sport.

This has more or less been Coker's model since taking over Bellator. Although, I'll give him credit for signing Larkin, who really didn't have a big name.

What casual would know huerta lmao.. You sound bias towards bellator..and not a well rounded MMA fan

Hoping Huerta looks great, I'm guessing Bendo takes it though.

Yeah im pumped should be competive fight and if huerta comes as agressive as he does..i can see henderson trying to match him agression wise and a potential finish may occur becuase of this..
Henderson hasn't looked shot, he just isn't an elite fighter anymore. Huerta was never elite and is shot. I can't understand why anyone thinks this is two fighters on a similar trajectory.

Henderson hasn't looked shot, he just isn't an elite fighter anymore. Huerta was never elite and is shot. I can't understand why anyone thinks this is two fighters on a similar trajectory.

Why is this match made then..if there so far away trajectory wise, this fight looks competitive to me based on recent history..but on paper is a different story..but i trust what i see not always what i read..just saying

Why is this match made then..if there so far away trajectory wise, this fight looks competitive to me based on recent history..but on paper is a different story..but i trust what i see not always what i read..just saying
Huerta is the short notice replacement after Gallagher pulled out

I know that but he was still considered among other fighters..why him..he wasnt even in the organization
To give Benson a win, Bellator had to pay him a lot of money to convince him to leave the UFC and he's not impressed at all so far. Squash matches for ratings is Scott Cokers thing, remember that event with Belfort vs Lindland, Daley vs Smith and Hendo vs Babalu? Great for brutal KO's but certainly not great for the sacrificial lambs, and all three got badly KO'd

To give Benson a win, Bellator had to pay him a lot of money to convince him to leave the UFC and he's not impressed at all so far. Squash matches for ratings is Scott Cokers thing, remember that event with Belfort vs Lindland, Daley vs Smith and Hendo vs Babalu? Great for brutal KO's but certainly not great for the sacrificial lambs, and all three got badly KO'd

Its possible...but i cant help feeling huerta is coming to fight and win..not be lamb.. Doesnt seem like him

Its possible...but i cant help feeling huerta is coming to fight and win..not be lamb.. Doesnt seem like him

You are correct. Huerta signed a one fight deal for this. If he wins, his next contract goes up considerably. If he loses, he'll most likely never have this stage again. Huerta wins the upset in a close fight.

He's definitely hungry, but he was when he lost to Florian and Maynard too, and he lost 6 of the 10 fights he's had since then. His 2 most recent fights were a win via DQ and another via split decision. You also have to take into account who they have both fought. Take a look at Benson's record to remind yourself, there's only a couple of fighters on there that I'd say Huerta was better than in his prime, going as far back as 2009 when Huerta lost those 2 UFC fights I mentioned and Benson fought Anthony Njokuani

He's definitely hungry, but he was when he lost to Florian and Maynard too, and he lost 6 of the 10 fights he's had since then. His 2 most recent fights were a win via DQ and another via split decision. You also have to take into account who they have both fought. Take a look at Benson's record to remind yourself, there's only a couple of fighters on there that I'd say Huerta was better than in his prime, going as far back as 2009 when Huerta lost those 2 UFC fights I mentioned and Benson fought Anthony Njokuani

On paper or based on record henderson is the favorite for sure

You are correct. Huerta signed a one fight deal for this. If he wins, his next contract goes up considerably. If he loses, he'll most likely never have this stage again. Huerta wins the upset in a close fight.

Yeah quite the gamble and angle to the fight..u have henderson trying to establish and recapture his championship form and you have the man with everything on the line back agaisnt the wall gambler in huerta..F.O.N or F.O.Y possibility if it can deliver

Henderson should be the favorite but he doesn't seem like a championship caliber fighter anymore. Huerta never really was but he's aggressive and he could surprise.

Well, they both made weight.

Huge fight just announced for the budapest card..im

Huge fight? Maybe a "big fight" if it somehow happened in 2009, when Bendo won the interim WEC belt and Huerta was still a good/relevant UFC fighter. At this point, it's no more relevant than recent fights between Tito-Bonnar, Chael-Wand, Chael-Rampage, etc. (And I'm a Chael fan who was really happy to see him win those fights, BTW).

Back