Hubris cost Conor McGregor

You can try to spin it as hubris but I don't think that's it at all.

Khabib is just better.

EDIT** and lol at all the people who don't know what hubris is and would rather type out a long response then just press crtl+t and type hubris. Don't celebrate ignorance, get educated. Hubris is a pretty common word fellas.

Last edited:
no one knows what hubris is. but I will post my latest photoshop. change your thread title.

07uw7xn.gif
This photoshop shoop is the best thing about this thread. I would delete the thread, band the TS and create a new thread with just this gif, no text and it would be perfect

fights over, move on.

khabibs gameplan was to snuggle to a decision.
Doesn't seems like the guys who lost to Khabib enjoyed the "snuggling" that much. Just look the fear in Conor's eyes. You are just a pathetic nuthuggers. Your dream boy was crashed. Did you cry a lot?

This photoshop shoop is the best thing about this thread. I would delete the thread, band the TS and create a new thread with just this gif, no text and it would be perfect

that would be cool huh? why don't you do it? no one's ever made a thread for one of my photoshops before. :)

JEEZUZ bro
You have taken shit to a WHOLE other level
HAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!

jhhY4tZ.gif

Doesn't seems like the guys who lost to Khabib enjoyed the "snuggling" that much. Just look the fear in Conor's eyes. You are just a pathetic nuthuggers. Your dream boy was crashed. Did you cry a lot?
All of my comments on this thread have nothing to do with the fight. Calling me a nut hugger doesn't bother me.... conor backs his friends. That's good enough for me. I didn't cry at all, I figured khabib would win by decision like he did with Barboza

he could have put in a better performance.

He won one of the 3 completed rounds, spent most of R1 on his back without getting finished and came back from a massive beating in the 2nd.
He did a lot better than I thought he'd do anyway, I thought he'd have quit or got stopped if he was taken down early in any round.

He won one of the 3 completed rounds, spent most of R1 on his back without getting finished and came back from a massive beating in the 2nd.
He did a lot better than I thought he'd do anyway, I thought he'd have quit or got stopped if he was taken down early in any round.

He did better than expected, but my only gripe is his gameplan. Logic says you don't pressure a wrestler and make the wrestler close you down, but he seemingly thought he could just walk him down.

Atleast in the rematch, I hope doesn't go with the same game plan. He has to be elusive and catch Khabib when he enters.

Did Conor's striking look better than ever? That is kind of a relevant question, since he is most known for his striking and striking was his best chance to win.

It looked as good as ever, only thing is he was chasing and not sticking to countering. He would have more success if he let Khabib throw the first punch. He tried to lead and it opened up the TD's and shots easier.

no one knows what hubris is. may as well be saying 'gazelle'. but I will post my latest photoshop. change your thread title.

07uw7xn.gif

Khabib vs Lebron is the fight to make next

Conor lost

Khabib is better

Simple as that

@Ananth

Khabib shot on Conor from halfway across the cage Conor wasn't walking him down

See the first exchange, Conor was cornering him, throwing lefts and a high kick. Khabib as I always maintained is defensively very sound and wont take risks. He used lateral movement and shot in immediately after the first flurry.

Imagine if Conor bided his time and made Khabib take offensive. You cant set up TD's without setting it up. Conor basically gave his legs by walking him down.

Hubris is when you feel like a God and you are on your way to Mount Olympus on your winged horse but the real Gods don't recognize your godhood and send you crashing into the sea, and then you are turned into a dugongo and fucked by Poseidon.

Back