Hubris cost Conor McGregor

Ananth

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
This is not a psychological analysis of Conor's body language thread. Conor was somewhat scared walking into the cage, just like he was versus Diaz pt.2, probably because of the fear of the consequences.

But Conor was calm and stuck to the game plan at UFC 202 and 205. Wait for the opening and then counter. I couldn't for the world of me understand why Conor started pressuring off the bat, the best grappler in the game.

A clinical striker should have maintained distance and picked his shots against a wrestler like he did with Alvarez. Khabib was going to win either ways, but he made the fight so much easier for him.

Maybe the fear got to him or he just was living up to his words 'Lets see who takes the first step backwards'.

IMO it is is hubris that cost him badly. Not saying Khabib wouldn't have mauled him either way, but he could have put in a better performance.

no one knows what hubris is. may as well be saying 'gazelle'. but I will post my latest photoshop. change your thread title.

07uw7xn.gif

Last edited:
There was no hubris. Conor looked better than he has ever done actually. Better takedown defence, marginally better cardio. Striking against a wrestler as good as Khabib will always be dangerous, regardless of how good you are.

Khabib is simply better. As he is compared to everyone else in the LW division too.

fights over, move on.

khabibs gameplan was to snuggle to a decision.

There was no hubris. Conor looked better than he has ever done actually. Better takedown defence, marginally better cardio. Striking against a wrestler as good as Khabib will always be dangerous, regardless of how good you are.

Khabib is simply better. As he is compared to everyone else in the LW division too.
LOL

This is not a psychological analysis of Conor's body language thread. Conor was somewhat scared walking into the cage, just like he was versus Diaz pt.2, probably because of the fear of the consequences.

But Conor was calm and stuck to the game plan at UFC 202 and 205. Wait for the opening and then counter. I couldn't for the world of me understand why Conor started pressuring off the bat, the best grappler in the game.

A clinical striker should have maintained distance and picked his shots against a wrestler like he did with Alvarez. Khabib was going to win either ways, but he made the fight so much easier for him.

Maybe the fear got to him or he just was living up to his words 'Lets see who takes the first step backwards'.

IMO it is is hubris that cost him badly. Not saying Khabib wouldn't have mauled him either way, but he could have put in a better performance.

The easy answer is Conor is a killer featherweight and a decent lightweight. Khabib is a killer lightweight and prolly a decent welterweight. When Khabib can't make lightweight anymore he will go on to be a mediocre welterweight. Just like Holloway giant featherweight but his body already catching up to him, I hope he can make weight for the Ortega fight. Either way you right, the Conor that stepped into the cage with Khabib wasn't the confident Conor we saw versus Alvarez or even Mayweather. All that liquor bullshit and 100 million dollars he can afford to not be hungry in the fight game. Hopefully, this Khabib loss will humble him and remind him despite his large paycheck/networth if he wants to take his career as a fighter seriously he is going to have to step up his game or stay in a weight class he can survive in.

LMAO

Is the frosted tips guy Dildo Anus?

yes sir. i had to use frame grabs from the time Danis punched the eagle out of the air at UFC 229. I had no other way to get "back of the head" images of him. Thats Tony on the left just kinda standing there. I should have put him on the bench in the back. the gif was a request for @gb@Trumpski.

3rQNLIM.gif

yes sir. i had to use frame grabs from the time Danis punched the eagle out of the air at UFC 229. I had no other way to get "back of the head" images of him. Thats Tony on the left just kinda standing there. I should have put him on the bench in the back. the gif was a request for @gb@Trumpski.

3rQNLIM.gif

JEEZUZ bro

You have taken shit to a WHOLE other level

HAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!

Stupid......stupid........stupid gay thread

He took a fight against the best LW in the division and maybe history who has never lost. He simply came up short like 26 others did.

Khabib is better, but pressuring a wrestler isn't the brightest idea. It simply makes the TD easier. If Conor maintained distance and waited for Khabib to make first move, he would have had a chance to catch him. Conor threw the game plan outta the window or Sbg are a bunch of idiots.

Khabib gave Conor instruction in manners just as he himself was instructed. All in all, it was a beautiful catharsis for which Conor can thank cocaine and his troglodyte fanbois. Now he can become sober and eschew ball gobblers. Khabib set him free.

Stupid......stupid........stupid gay thread

He took a fight against the best LW in the division and maybe history who has never lost. He simply came up short like 26 others did.
How gay is it?

Being away from the sport for years while your opponent has been grinding away won’t do you much good either.

Did Conor's striking look better than ever? That is kind of a relevant question, since he is most known for his striking and striking was his best chance to win.

Back