HS teacher under fire for calling military persons "dumbsh*ts," "lowest of our low" intellectually

Trotsky

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In response to which, a child's mother blasted him as a "liberal douche" through social media.

To my ear, sounds like he's criticizing the efficacy of US military operations more than their existence in themselves. But I don't agree with the guy. In this day and age, US military personnel aren't necessarily stupid, even if they are generally ignorant to world affairs as are 99% of US citizens. They're often average or above-average people making good individual career decisions.

The "dumb shits" are the people that blindly worship the military and are swayed by the "God Bless our Troops" type shit that both Democrats and Republicans resort to for cheap support.

“Think about the people you know who are over there,” Salcido is heard saying to his class in a video recorded by one of his students. “Your freakin' stupid Uncle Louie or whatever. They're dumb sh*ts. They're not high-level bankers. They're not academic people. They're not intellectual people. They are the freaking’ lowest of our low. Not morally, I'm not saying they make bad moral judgements.”

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/timot...igh-school-teacher-degrades-military-n2440817

We can't all be High School teachers.

Sounds like he failed the MEPS physical.

If you read all the other shit he has done he should have been fired before this. Maybe now they will fire him. I hope he is fired and never gets a job teaching again.

Pretty stupid thing to say. And its obvious he's talking about soldiers not the brass.

He's not wrong but he needs to stfu and keep his beliefs to himself.

He should be under fire, from a firing squad.

He sounds like he just graduated from Evergreen State College.
More teaching less pontificating broteacher.

A person squabbling like this should be fired and terminated from their position on the spot. It is totally disgraceful to have preconceived notions like that.

Does he think every soldier is a infantry man ? lol

In this day and age, US military personnel aren't necessarily stupid, even if they are generally ignorant to world affairs as are 99% of US citizens.

Gregory Salcido: "They're dumb sh*ts. They're not high-level bankers. They're not academic people. They're not intellectual people. They are the freaking’ lowest of our low."

Sounds like you are agreeing with part of what Salcido has to say. Just remember that a good number of NFL and NBA players can't read or write properly. The majority of Americans are not able to join the military due to education, health, weight, criminal, and drug record. So, I would say the opposite. Folks in the military know how to read and write, have to be in shape, and are tested for drug use. Why would they be ignorant of world affairs if world affairs affects if they will be deployed or not? The military is a job, or career, like any other. It is a higher calling, your life is on the line. Unlike most jobs, it is not about you, but the folks that serve alongside you. Service to the nation. Those who never served will never understand.

Remember the Marine who KO his college teacher for talking shit about the military? Yeah, that was great. Give that man a cigar...

Of course it had to be a teacher in California. Was he fired from Berkeley? I would love to meet Salcido and give him a piece of my personal views. ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if the average soldier's IQ was on par with the average high school teacher's.

Dude's unhinged either way - should not be teaching.

Does it say what he teaches?

And to be fair, to risk your life to go fight a war that is probably over some bullshit is pretty dumb. I never thought of military guys as the brightest bunch. But you should treat them with some respect given that they (in theory) are there to risk their lives to protect America and it's people.

Well being a person like many of you that have many people in your family that have served I am a little pissed off by that. I would've had to cut him off or just leave the classroom, that's unbelievable, fuck that guy!

Teachers who think they are "elite" are a cancer. It's so many of them. It's a joke. You have a BA, and your job creates no wealth and very few useful skills in others.

Last edited:
Back