How's your posture?

freaky

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
when not fighting?

I'm walking around with my chin down now...subconsciously of course. And when I try to lift my head up I feel so exposed. My heart starts jumping.

lol if you see me, you would think I have the lowest self esteem ever but I've never been so confident in my life.

What about you?

Sometimes I look like a crazy person on the subway, when the train halts to a stop and I would fall backwards, I jump into a 80:20 lead leg heavy MMA stance, and it works. But I can imagine I look like a crazy dude doing some half assed lunge in office clothes.

Sometimes I look like a crazy person on the subway, when the train halts to a stop and I would fall backwards, I jump into a 80:20 lead leg heavy MMA stance, and it works. But I can imagine I look like a crazy dude doing some half assed lunge in office clothes.
Haha I take the metro/subway several times a day and I always stand without arm support to challenge by balance. Don't know how transferable it is, I'm more or less so accustomed to the routes now that I know exactly when to brace and when jolts happen. A lot of feedforward going on, it's a bit task specific.

Haha I take the metro/subway several times a day and I always stand without arm support to challenge by balance. Don't know how transferable it is, I'm more or less so accustomed to the routes now that I know exactly when to brace and when jolts happen. A lot of feedforward going on, it's a bit task specific.
lol, I do that too, and feel like a god when I can resist the jolt armless, but I can tell the other riders think I'm a nut case.

Where does it end? A year from now, I might end up shadow boxing in the train like Dillashaw at the airport

When I first started training, I was really into it, and I MT kicked the fridge at work (not full force), I thought no one was there, but there was, and it was awkward as fuck.

Not to bad. I actually have been trying to stand more upright because I sorta have this Mousasi lite© thing going on when I box.

I'm like 98℅ shoulders and back too so I've been actively trying to relax those muscles when doing day to day type things as it takes a few rounds for me to "loosen up" and fully relax.

I hate to bring him up in a random thread but I imagine I look something like this at times:

1xrQ4C.gif

Lol.

lolll I'm happy to hear you... I used to travel in underground to go to work and i did exactly the same thing.... I thought i was the only silly one to do that ... ^^

Yes! I am not alone! The subway system in my city is a bit glitchy so there's always some jolts from random slowdowns or track switches in addition to the usual bumps & jolts. I also stand facing in different directions on the train which keeps things interesting.

Where does it end? A year from now, I might end up shadow boxing in the train like Dillashaw at the airport

Have you tried performing a Wai Khru on the train or other public area?

That's weird, man.

My posture is normal. Upright most of the time, slouched when I'm feeling lazy or depressed or going through an existential crisis.

I try to walk with my chin level and shoulders back. I slouched as I youth and it's not a habit that I want to come back. I basically try to walk with pride in myself.

Sparring or in a fight situation is the opposite.

i slouch, and duck footed so if i am not making a conscious effort i look pretty awkward..

Back