How you think Wilder vs Povetkin would go?

The Penetrator

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I was always a fan of boxers and fighters like Alexander Povetkin. Tough smaller russian dude, that russian boxing school, good movement, bombs in hands... Only losses to Klitchko via UD, wich i dont think Wilder is capable of doing to him, and KTFO by AJ, wich Wilder could probably do. I wanted him to beat AJ so bad, and he got to a great start and did very good but then AJ kinda overwhelmed him and KTFOed him into next dimension.

So, boxing forum experts, how you guys think this fight would go?

I would want Povetkin to win, and i think he could do it, he moves really well, but hits way harder than Fury or Ortiz at this stage. Whats your take?

I think Wilder KO him at some point, although his style could result in trouble for Wilder early on

As with Wilder vs most of the higher level guys, its more or less a coin flip imo. Povetkin will outbox him and can put him in serious danger, but as long as Wilder is still in the fight he can turn everything on its head with one shot.

How would it go?

Most likely, and bare with me fellas, but most likely Wilder preps for camp, and Povetkin gets popped again for Ultra Low Traces of Meldonium and the Canelo haters say “he was proven innocent” aside from the fact that there was still an adverse finding.

Wilder knocks Povetkin out within 3 rounds.

The Tyson Fury fight took a lot of confidence from Wilder, I think.
Povetkin would have always given him a competitive fight though.

Not an easy fight for Wilder. Povetkin throws high volume and hits hard himself. I can see Wilder losing most rounds and catching him in the late rounds and dropping him one or two times and then Povetkin getting up and winning a split decision lol

Lose every rd, score 2 KDs, controversial draw anyone?

AJ didnt just depend on landing that one punch to beat him of course but turned up the pressure which Wilder hasn't shown as much ability to do IMHO.

Last edited:
AJ didnt just depend on landing that one punch to beat him of course but turned up the pressure which Wilder hasn't shown as much ability to do IMHO.
Wilder needs to try and learn how to apply pressure and not just throw the odd one two, if he wants to beat the top guys

Not everyone is Fury.

Not everyone is Fury.
I know that but wilder would still likely be outboxed by others, if he can build pressure and they though his big punches he would be more effective.

I know that but wilder would still likely be outboxed by others, if he can build pressure and they though his big punches he would be more effective.
Who are all these slick boxers that have shown defensive prowess?

None of them out can do a significant degree of what Fury managed. Pretty much all of these guys are relying on power, except maybe Parker.

Povetkin owned Joshy until the one lucky punch he lands per fight.

Who are all these slick boxers that have shown defensive prowess?

None of them out can do a significant degree of what Fury managed. Pretty much all of these guys are relying on power, except maybe Parker.
I was actually thinking of parker.

But most of the top HW move better than the opposition wilder has faced to date other than Fury

Dunno. I would have thought he would knock him out. But povetkin is a good boxer. Probably still does knock him out to be honest. But povetkin has some skills.

I was actually thinking of parker.

But most of the top HW move better than the opposition wilder has faced to date other than Fury
No they dont. AJ is a robot, Whyte doesnt even try to move. Parker doesnt handle pressure very well.

No they dont. AJ is a robot, Whyte doesnt even try to move. Parker doesnt handle pressure very well.

Ok well lets see then how many of these guys wilder ends up beating, I am saying he needs more than wild bombs to win and retain all the belts I said it before Saturday and now it seems even more obvious.

Ok well lets see then how many of these guys wilder ends up beating, I am saying he needs more than wild bombs to win and retain all the belts I said it before Saturday and now it seems even more obvious.
Except those bombs still landed on the most elusive fighters of all the HWs. But ok.

Back