How you know who the GOAT is

thewilks

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Fedor just fought in Bellator and the whole first page of UFC Discussion is filled with Fedor threads that were not removed. Even the Mods know what the deal is, and who the GOAT is....Respect.

Can/should we bring back The Heavyweights? Because UFC Discussion is obviously redundant. Can I get a poll?

Also to add to Fedors Goatiness. Has he ever pulled out from injury after 40 plus fights? What a fucking GOAT!

At 42 and still showing world class abilities after such a long and Injury prone career?

Definitely notable.

Fedor
Gsp
Dc
Khabib
Dj/Aldo

To be fair, you can't tell much from taking part in the has-been league that is the Bellator "heavyweight" tournament, that is full of mostly old LHW's and a middleweight.

Prime DC, Jones, Cain hell even Stipe probably ALL beat Prime Fedor. He fought a bunch of cans.

Old man middleweight Hendo KO'd Fedor lol.

A man without fear. A man without ego. A man without PED's.

Fedor is goat because he was hw and didnt lose for so long. Never lost a decision, only lost when he had so many injuries he gave grappling up completely. He had power, speed, great grappling, subs, best transitions around, best gnp ever, he had it all, but injuries took their toll. If it was prime fedor vs chael he wouldnt have kept getting up and letting chael up. He woulda pounded his head thru the mat.

There’s more threads about chael atm. Weird flex bud

Theres nothing like a Fedor fight, the excitement and delivery is guaranteed.

Prime DC, Jones, Cain hell even Stipe probably ALL beat Prime Fedor. He fought a bunch of cans.

Old man middleweight Hendo KO'd Fedor lol.

Lol, Prime Cain and prime Stipe both got KOed in the primes which just goes to show you at HW 1 punch is all it takes no matter how good you are or who you are fighting.

Just look at Volkov vs Lewis. Volkov showed over 14 and a half minutes he was a far more skilled fighter than Lewis but still got KOed in the last 30 seconds. Lewis is an extremely 1 dimensional fighter and more than likely fit's your definition of a "can" yet he is still somehow the #2 HW in the world.

Going 10 years without having that 1 punch land as a HW is unpresidented and an accomplishment that is unlikely to ever be repeated.

As for your list though I would say prime Jones is the only one I could see beating prime Fedor, DC and Cain really don't do anything better than prime Fedor did and Stipe would basically end up like prime Crocop against Fedor.

I love how getting KOed by Hendo after dropping him and getting wreckless going for the finish is considered embarrassing too, lol. Hendo is well known as one of the biggest punchers the sport has seen, has one of the all time great resumes and had just won the Strikeforce LHW belt in his previous fight but for some reason is always refered to as a MW when talking about this fight, lol.

Back