How would've Ubereem done vs DC in Strikeforce?

HW DC would've ragdolled him.

Daniel-Cormier.jpg

daniel-cormier-2.jpg

240 pound DC was thiccccc and he also had enough power in his hands to put The Reem to sleep. First round KO

"Cornbread Cormier"

Ubereem would’ve beat the tar out of DC, it’s a terrible match up for him. Don’t listen to these bitter fanboys who are still upset he’s 0-3 against Jones and have been spouting nonsense since he popped, but we’re dead silent in the aftermath of another loss. They’ll die off eventually.

I thought he failed before the Brock fight,I understand what you mean now,open mouth insert foot.But he wasn't that big during his "Ubereem" run which is what I think of when comparing him to after he failed or even now.
Against Rogers:
2njgb5.jpg

Against Bigfoot:
20130201053018_IMG_9781.JPG

Against Rogers:
2njgb5.jpg

Against Bigfoot:
20130201053018_IMG_9781.JPG

253 vs Rogers and 264 vs Bigfoot.I think it's just blown out of proportion,not some crazy difference.He seemed biggest in K-1 and the Lesnar fight.
001_Brett_Rogers_and_Alistair_Overeem_560x373.jpg

That Overeem pic you posted reminds me of that JDS pic
rkJp5.jpg

ubereem was a different animal. dude was terrifying and could bully people with his strength and power and everyone feared his striking prowess
He was. However, Black Fedor was a different kind of animal. I still earnestly feel that Strikeforce Cormier, owing to a combination of age and lack of west and tear, was the greatest version of him that we have seen.

Still, Ubereem may have been the best fighter ever. And that is no exaggeration: physicality beyond Ngannou with a lifetime of technique behind him.

Ubereem's the same fighter he's always been. Overeem can win, no doubt, but I think Cormier would pull it off.

Would have been interesting... Could Cormier wear him down with grappling then touch that chin..... or K1 Reem just piecing him up.

Yep. DC can win this with the right gameplan. Werdum was getting a lot of good strikes on Reem in their second fight and DC has a lot more power in his punches than Werdum. As long as DC avoids getting kneed, he can KO Reem or win a UD with pressure.
I honestly had doom winning vs overeem in all 3 fights.

DC easy win.Takedown, KO via GNP.

Strikeforce Ubereem gassed to an injured butt scooting werdum.

Those knees to the body would be a real problem for DC

It's hard to say some thought Lesnar would wrestle Alistair but Cormier also threw Big Foot Silva over his head ... I think Cormier's boxing would be good enough to tailor a game towards takedowns.
Though Alistair's clinch was nasty back then.

It's impossible to predict any overeem fight because you never know which guy is going to show up. Some fights he looks unstoppable and then some fights he quits in the first round.

I’d go with emeliane***. His defense was good enough to not get destroyed by ubereem. He was already mixing up his boxing and takedowns super well in strikeforce.

I still remember the huge rift between fedor and ubereem fans. I always thought fedor would fuck up reem, but sad to say overeem would have destroyed fedor so hard back then

It's impossible to predict any overeem fight because you never know which guy is going to show up. Some fights he looks unstoppable and then some fights he quits in the first round.
Overeem is like woodley and lawler. Ever know which version would show up. All 3 can have their day and beat anyone and then lose the very next fight.

And also if we are talking about ubereem, are we giving the same peds to strikeforce dc? If so then dc annihilates him and pretty much everyone barring 2 or 3 guys I would say. Only guys that can beat peak dc are these: maybe cain at sea level. Doubt it but I will give it a slide. Other 2 would be perhaps stip 50 50 and peak ngannou which is not guaranteed either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back