How would've Ubereem done vs DC in Strikeforce?

Dc is a great fighter but Heavyweight Dc is the biggest hype job in mma.

DC's defensive boxing blows and Overeem is going to have 7" of height on him.

Jones tagged DC at will and eventually did put him out. DC lasted as long as he did because Jones' power is weaksauce.

Ubereem (and Stipe) put him out with those shots.
How does DC's boxing "blow" lmao? He outboxed Jones, Gus, Volkan TRT Bigfoot ect. Yes I say jones he landed far more punches than Jones did although he lost overall obviously.

Hard fight though for DC; prime overroid presents the same threats as jones fantastic kicking game with a huge reach, VERY strong clinch game with the most devastating knee's(DC's biggest weakness) in the UFC and underrated grappling. His weakness is his chin though and DC at HW has the speed and power to put him out.

DC would break him after a couple rounds imo.

Also people talking about DC's power in his hands..he has like two KO's in his career and only one is against a relevant fighter (Bigfoot) he isn't known for having power, even during his HW run. Not that you need huge power to sleep Overeem, although we've seen him flatlined at HW only by big shots really he just panics when he's taking bombs from HW, he's only been finished at HW by people that hit way harder than DC. DC has one path to victory and that's wrestling and gassing Uberreem. So it all comes down to if you think he could take Ubereem down with all of the latter's TDD tools at his disposal, the guillotine, fantastic clinch work and ridiculous strength.

"Ubereem" was not that dominate, he was just beating up lesser fighters.

His only noteworthy win was against Werdum, and calling that a "win" is a stretch--werdum beat him in every area except for marketability.

Reems chin and questionable boxing definitely gives Cormier a good chance but he also has the tools to target DC's weakness to knees and bodykicks.

How does DC's boxing "blow" lmao? He outboxed Jones, Gus, Volkan TRT Bigfoot ect. Yes I say jones he landed far more punches than Jones did although he lost overall obviously.

He did not outbox Gus other than with uppercuts in the clinch.

He did not outbox Gus other than with uppercuts in the clinch.
DC landed some good shots at range hooks, straights and overhands it was even at the very least at boxing range. If you can box on an even level with Gus you're a good boxer that was my point basically.

This question popped in my mind the other day. We all know that Ubereem was probably the most dominant version of Alistair that we have ever seen. We also know that DC kinda came out of nowhere and beat some VERY quality opponents during his SF run. If those two would have met before the UFC buyout, who do think would have won? Would Ubereem and his striking have been too powerful for DC? Or would DC's wrestling pedigree and decent striking have been enough to take reem?

Discuss...
DC beats every clean LHW and HW and most roided ones as well.
He ragdolls the Reem and possibly gets a TKO.

He beat the crap out of Bigfoot and looked just the same as he was looking prior,he just folded like he often does.Way better wins?Lol,no he definitely has WAY more losses and to guys no where near as good as DC.Any real good fighter with heart,chin and cardio is a bad match up for Overeem.Not worth debating,we simply see things much differently.
he looked just the same? are you fucking serious? clearly smaller, less muscle, but sure

Ubereem doesnt mean uber chin and uber heart.

Even in his most steroided state, Reem was a glassjaw with no heart who quit and folded when things didn't go his way.

DC by KO then , now and forever.

he looked just the same? are you fucking serious? clearly smaller, less muscle, but sure

He weighed more vs Bigfoot than any fight he ever had previously.But he was clearly smaller,ok dude.

He weighed more vs Bigfoot than any fight he ever had previously.But he was clearly smaller,ok dude.
ok, he's just fatter, but way less definition. if you think he had the same shape against brock and against BF then you're clearly insane

I thought you meant between strikeforce and ufc.He looked about the same in the Bigfoot fight as he did in Strikeforce.He was huge in the Brock fight but not so much in Strikeforce when he was still "Ubereem"

Last edited:
Ubereem via Uberknee

215lb Gus sat him down. A 260lb Uberknee flatlines him. Plus DCs striking was way worse back then.

sGpFwmv.gif

Vs Brock at 263..waaaay less definition lol.The heaviest he was in Strikeforce was 256 (vs Werdum) and weighed 224 when he won the Strikeforce belt.I like your posts so I don't want to have a worthless debate with you.I just don't see this huge change...he's smaller now for sure but he still looked the same in the early UFC fights.

134_Alistair_Overeem.jpg

ReemFabricio.jpg

47_SFC_0618WeighIn.jpg
he definitely got bigger with time. strikeforce belt was the beginning of his PED transformation. but against brock he was huge, then again he was fighting a big guy so he could have gotten bigger just for that fight, but I would assume ubereem he would have also been big for a guy like bigfoot. but not only physically but his confidence, and overeem is a guy that clearly lacks confidence. he starts strong, but if something goes wrong he just kinda gives up in fights. in the miocic fight he was doing fine, then the guillotine didn't work and he started to ran a marathon in the cage, really weird

also in that bigfoot fight he was doing well, it wasn't the most exciting fight but he was winning the rounds, then suddenly in the third round he started ducking down bigfoot's punches and then he got caught and the rest is history. I think he would be even stronger in his ubereem times and also wouldn't throw the fight in the third, but that's just speculation

he definitely got bigger with time. strikeforce belt was the beginning of his PED transformation. but against brock he was huge, then again he was fighting a big guy so he could have gotten bigger just for that fight, but I would assume ubereem he would have also been big for a guy like bigfoot. but not only physically but his confidence, and overeem is a guy that clearly lacks confidence. he starts strong, but if something goes wrong he just kinda gives up in fights. in the miocic fight he was doing fine, then the guillotine didn't work and he started to ran a marathon in the cage, really weird

also in that bigfoot fight he was doing well, it wasn't the most exciting fight but he was winning the rounds, then suddenly in the third round he started ducking down bigfoot's punches and then he got caught and the rest is history. I think he would be even stronger in his ubereem times and also wouldn't throw the fight in the third, but that's just speculation

I thought he failed before the Brock fight,I understand what you mean now,open mouth insert foot.But he wasn't that big during his "Ubereem" run which is what I think of when comparing him to after he failed or even now.

think that uber reem would have been a handfull for dc back in those days

Back