How would've Ubereem done vs DC in Strikeforce?

KingBeef

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
This question popped in my mind the other day. We all know that Ubereem was probably the most dominant version of Alistair that we have ever seen. We also know that DC kinda came out of nowhere and beat some VERY quality opponents during his SF run. If those two would have met before the UFC buyout, who do think would have won? Would Ubereem and his striking have been too powerful for DC? Or would DC's wrestling pedigree and decent striking have been enough to take reem?

Discuss...

Knee to face
followed by
<DCrying>

ubereem was a different animal. dude was terrifying and could bully people with his strength and power and everyone feared his striking prowess

Ubereem was on a run at the time but his performance against Werdum wasn't great.

DC. Don't care what the haters say.

DC. Don't care what the haters say.
Yep. DC can win this with the right gameplan. Werdum was getting a lot of good strikes on Reem in their second fight and DC has a lot more power in his punches than Werdum. As long as DC avoids getting kneed, he can KO Reem or win a UD with pressure.

HW DC would've ragdolled him.

Daniel-Cormier.jpg

daniel-cormier-2.jpg

240 pound DC was thiccccc and he also had enough power in his hands to put The Reem to sleep. First round KO

Ubereem was so overrated lol.DC would have gassed him then pummeled him imo.Guy had no heart and mediocre at best chin,he was just fighting easier fights.I would probably pick current defensively/cardio minded Overeem to gas out Ubereem leading to a finish.Hell,how is Overeem that fought Bigfoot any different than Strikeforce overeem?He signed to the UFC and all of a sudden he's so different lol,ok.

DC is an all time great but Werdum and Lesnar are probably better than ANY win DC has in his career. DC did beat some good HW's in SF, Bigfoot and Barnett at the time were solid wins. He looked good against them, he also looked pretty average against Nelson and Mir not long after.

I don't think Reem has ever been wrestlefucked in his career. He has generally great TDD. And that's just Regular Reem. Ubereem with that strength and clinch work? granted I don't think Reem has fought an elite wrestler besides Brock at HW. But I really think DC would struggle to take him down. I've always thought Reem would be a nightmare matchup for DC as stylistically he's like a HW Jon Jones IMO (chin and stamina tradeoff for more power)

I think Ubereem gets the benefit here of just looking pretty invincible besides the Werdum fight and the fact that I don't think DC could take him down - if he could, I could see him wearing him out and finishing him since Ubereem was only good for two rounds, but he usually only needed one to finish you.

DC via shattering overoids glass chin.
There's a reason DC was the best strike force hw and current ufc

At the time vs inexperienced DC he probably would have Ubereem smashed his gut in with a knee

Ubereem of Strikeforce vs current DC at 240 I think DC might break him in the 2nd or 3rd like he did to Rumble. Would be interesting though

It would be a lot easier to tell if Brock hadn't been so tentative and had shot a real double on him

One way or another we'd have a better idea of where Ubereem's TDD was against an elite level HW wrestler

I wonder how DC would do if he did the same amount of PEDS that Ubereem was using.

Ubereem was so overrated lol.DC would have gassed him then pummeled him imo.Guy had no heart and mediocre at best chin,he was just fighting easier fights.I would probably pick current defensively/cardio minded Overeem to gas out Ubereem leading to a finish.Hell,how is Overeem that fought Bigfoot any different than Strikeforce overeem?He signed to the UFC and all of a sudden he's so different lol,ok.

Ubereem popped before the JDS fight. Was suspended and Ubereem died. Came back off the juice against Bigfoot. And Ubereem's wins against Werdum and Lesnar are better than any of DC's wins, DC's best wins of his career are against Gus and Rumble. Overeem has way better wins than that on his resume and Ubereem was the best version of him we've ever seen. Record aside, styles make fights. And Reem is a nightmare for DC.

Ubereem popped before the JDS fight. Was suspended and Ubereem died. Came back off the juice against Bigfoot. And Ubereem's wins against Werdum and Lesnar are better than any of DC's wins, DC's best wins of his career are against Gus and Rumble. Overeem has way better wins than that on his resume and Ubereem was the best version of him we've ever seen. Record aside, styles make fights. And Reem is a nightmare for DC.

He beat the crap out of Bigfoot and looked just the same as he was looking prior,he just folded like he often does.Way better wins?Lol,no he definitely has WAY more losses and to guys no where near as good as DC.Any real good fighter with heart,chin and cardio is a bad match up for Overeem.Not worth debating,we simply see things much differently.

DC's defensive boxing blows and Overeem is going to have 7" of height on him.

Jones tagged DC at will and eventually did put him out. DC lasted as long as he did because Jones' power is weaksauce.

Ubereem (and Stipe) put him out with those shots.

Back