How would Stipe have done against Fedor's competition in PRIDE?

The point is that Ben Rothwell was a nobody in 2000 - 2010 fighting on second tier American shows and his strength of schedule was arguably greater than Japan's HW champion's.

Fedor's 10 year streak, outside of 3-4 names, was over lower tier competition than a normal HW fighter would fight in second tier American promotions. A fighter going undefeated for 10 years in American regional promotions would have accomplished as much as, arguably more than, Fedor did.

Outside of 3-4 names, funny. Here are some names:

- Big Nog
- Coleman
- Arlovski
- Randleman
- Cro Cop
- Arona
- Babalu
- Hunt
- Sylvia
- Herring

Those guys are all "second tier" American promotion caliber fighters huh? All of those guys fought in the UFC aside from Arona.

TST Vitamin Enhanced Stipe would destroy Pride and would have his face chiseled in Mt Rushmore

- Herring

Fedor smoked Herring.

Fedor

20141225122355_IMG_1684.JPG

smoked herring

1280px-Kipper.JPG

Comon dude. Fedor beat like 7 UFC champs if I'm not wrong.

Big Nog had a chin of granite and good boxing and deadly guard. He would be the hardest fight for Stipe

I think Stipe beats CroCop.
Juiced Mark Coleman would be also a hard fight
Randleman was very dangerous, people don't give him much credit but he was very fast and powerful.

Sami, a kickboxing champ.

Would love to see how stipe handles Hong man Choi. I find it really interesting.

Had Stipe fought in Pride he would not be the same fighter he is today,Its a known fact that the game has moved on,Stipe himself is not the same fighter he was when he lost to Struve.
These comparisons of fighters at their peak 10 years apart are really just stupid,
Mark Coleman gets spoken about like he was some can but do they put cans into the UFC hall of fame?
Just the same is how much flack fedor gets for fighting Zulu yet Big Nog the number 2 in the world at the time fought Zulu after Fedor yet i never hear anyone giving Nog stick for that.

Young Fedor wouldn't have problems with glass chin A.Ovreem.
A.Arlovski- we already know
Francis Nganou- "meeeeh" 1 round on the ground and Francis gas tank finishes.
JDS would be competitive for some amount of time. But he would probably get submitted on destroyed under Fedors pressure.

Werdum pretty much like bigNog

Who else from Stipes opponents left?

You’re acting like Arlovski didn’t evolve at all
When? Hes been a one handed fighter for this whole ufc run. He was better when fedor beat him.

The inability of some MMA fans to understand era-related competition, aging effects in fighting, growth of a sport, etc...never ceases to amaze me.

Other than Randy Couture and Frank Mir (UFC), where all these great HWs of the PRIDE era that he didn't fight or at least sign a contract/put himself in position to fight?

TS needs to quit trying so hard to be a hater.
its not working
he looks foolish

When? Hes been a one handed fighter for this whole ufc run. He was better when fedor beat him.
Arlovski technical striking is better than ever,he got more footwork,more patient.mma continue to evolve And even though arlovski didn’t evolve that much but he’s still able to change his game a little bit

If it's so easy to do what Fedor did and anyone can do it, why didn't they?

Fedor was in PRIDE for 4.5 years, he went 14-0.
Nogueira was in PRIDE for 5.5 years, he went 17-3.
Overeem was in PRIDE for 4.5 years, he went 7-7.
Hunt was in PRIDE for 2.5 years, he went 5-3.
Werdum was in PRIDE for 2 years, he went 5-2.
Barnett was in PRIDE for 2 years,he went 5-4.

If anyone can do it, why didn't any of these all-time great HWs do it?

Arlovski technical striking is better than ever,he got more footwork,more patient.mma continue to evolve And even though arlovski didn’t evolve that much but he’s still able to change his game a little bit
Arlovskimir.gif

He didnt look technical or patient in the browne fight either.

His fight with barnett was pretty good but i dont really see any marked evolution there,nor do i expect any at his age.

If it's so easy to do what Fedor did and anyone can do it, why didn't they?

Fedor was in PRIDE for 4.5 years, he went 14-0.
Nogueira was in PRIDE for 5.5 years, he went 17-3.
Overeem was in PRIDE for 4.5 years, he went 7-7.
Hunt was in PRIDE for 2.5 years, he went 5-3.
Werdum was in PRIDE for 2 years, he went 5-2.
Barnett was in PRIDE for 2 years,he went 5-4.

If anyone can do it, why didn't any of these all-time great HWs do it?

Anderson went 3-2 in PRIDE
Hendo went 13-5 in PRIDE
Mousasi 2-1 in PRIDE
Randleman 4-7 in PRIDE

I would take Nog, Crocop, Coleman, and maybe Arona over Stipe. I don't see Stipe as that highly-skilled, he doesn't even train full time.

Stipe is great, so he could beat many of them, but he would prob lose to Mirko, Nog, Semmy, Coleman and Choi. Arlovski could be a fun fight.

Then why are the old guard still in the ufc way past expiration? Why is arlovski beating struve and browne?
Because Struve and Brown are not top HWs.

Fedors best wins in PRIDE were against Nogueira, Coleman, Cro Cop, and Arona. Stipe would have destroyed all those guys.
Where do you rank Struve in all of your guesstimations?

Because Struve and Brown are not top HWs.
Ok then. Tell me when the evolution happened. How many submissions off their back do cain and jds have? What is so technical about werdums striking that is so much better than anyone what came before? How come overeem cant go 10 yrs undefeated?

Back