How would Ronda Rousey do in the Bellators 145 pound division?

VIPERdude

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
We know Ronda Rousey has an ego and loved the idea of retiring undefeated.....We all know that didnt happen.
But there is another option that could entice her to return to MMA aside from the fans of hers that still stuck by her side begging for her return...
when her contract is up with the UFC, along with the backlash she suffered following her losses from fans was brutal as well as fellow fighters and supporters that turned on her following her decapitation by Holly Holm.

Why retire when you can go have a BRAND NEW start at a new growing company while having access to all the major sponsors UFC fighters are not.

****Could RONDA ROUSEY sign with Bellator with the new goal to be the first to hold a UFC, STRIKE FORCE AND BELLATOR championship at the weight she began her career?****

HOW WOULD RONDA DO AGAINST the likes of Julia "The Jewel" Budd? Arlene "Angerfist" Blencowe?, Gabrielle Holloway? Lexis Dufresne? Adrienna Jenkins? Without the worry of a Cyborg lurking around the corner.

Last edited:
Not a Rousey fan whatsoever but would be odd to see her in Bellator. However, if it would help Bellator grow as a competitor to the UFC, I'd be all for it.

Could be champ if she went back to Judo. That boxing shit ruined her career.

Can any of these girls strike? If so might as well stay retired.

She'd punch her own head off with her shoulders

Gtfooh

Not a Rousey fan whatsoever but would be odd to see her in Bellator. However, if it would help Bellator grow as a competitor to the UFC, I'd be all for it.
absolutely...how you think she would do against the likes of Julia "The Jewel" Budd? Arlene "Angerfist" Blencowe?, Gabrielle Holloway? Lexis Dufresne? Adrienna Jenkins?

Could be champ if she went back to Judo. That boxing shit ruined her career.
I think it would be enough to make her a star again IF she became champion and they promoted her as the first GRAND SLAM champion (some catchy title) in the public eye as well as the FACE of Bellator....

She would dominate

Her problem is with technical range strikers that either A) Have great footwork and takedown defense or B) Strikes like a man

I don't see anyone like Holm or Nunes in Bellator

She would dominate

Her problem is with technical range strikers that either A) Have great footwork and takedown defense or B) Strikes like a man

I don't see anyone like Holm or Nunes in Bellator
I agree.....It would be the nail in the coffin for Bellator to grab her.

For the record, Hate Ronda Rousey BUT she could be a big star again if she went to Bellator.
1. They would make her the Face of the company for starters. All she would need is one win and shes in the headlines again.
2. If she won the title shed be promoted as the first woman to hold the Strike Force, UFC, and Bellator title
3. She COULD have a chance since the top fighters in that class are about as good as Betche Correia who Ronda KO'ed
and 4. She could join her fiance' at his new camp Black House and learn how to really sharpen her skills.

Then maybe if she becomes a legit striker over time, learns good head movement and foot work, and learning a double leg take down (even a single leg wouldn't hurt) She could make a real comeback to the UFC.

I like your line of thinking V. I would love to see all that happen, especially Ronda at a new camp.

I like your line of thinking V. I would love to see all that happen, especially Ronda at a new camp.
Thanks man, I try to make good threads and Im glad to have those such as you who are mature enough to participate rather than bash a thread. Much appreciated.

Then maybe if she becomes a legit striker over time, learns good head movement and foot work, and learning a double leg take down (even a single leg wouldn't hurt) She could make a real comeback to the UFC.
How long is this going to take, isn't she already like 30?

The best thing about that plan is that it would keep all her leftover WKs out of the heavies.

Back