How would prime Anderson have done in K1?

Armitage Shanks

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
He did some boxing, but always surprised he didn’t venture into Kickboxing. I think he’s have done well!

You mean around 2005-2010?
There wasn't a weigh class for him, he would have fought against juiced up monsters or for that belt nobody cared that Kyotaro had.

Well......even Rampage managed to beat Cyril Abidi's ass in K-1 twice so I'm sure Anderson could've whooped some kickboxers around his wright.

He did some boxing, but always surprised he didn’t venture into Kickboxing. I think he’s have done well!

Not good enough.
It would be harder for him to land a serious blow, less time in rounds...relies on his chin more than needed.

He did not invent anything...there were guys like him in K-1...even that weighed like him.

EDIT: Like this guy:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaoklai_Kaennorsing

Anderson would have knocked them all out.

Every single K-1 great except Schilt and Hunt have been brutally knocked out atleast 5 times. Some over 10 times. It was take and give. Anderson could take anything but hardly ever took it, and he could give it through any limb from any angle at any point.

Every single K-1 great except Schilt and Hunt have been brutally knocked out atleast 5 times. Some over 10 times. It was take and give. Anderson could take anything but hardly ever took it, and he could give it through any limb from any angle at any point.

Incorrect.

He would not even made it to journeyman level. His legs were far too weak for Dutch kickboxing.

He would have gotten lucky a few times since the Dutch and Japanese are wild entertainers. But that’s about it. He would be worse than his career in Pride.

Don't think he could've stood with those heavyweight kickboxers. Even if he increased his dosage.

Incorrect.

He would not even made it to journeyman level. His legs were far too weak for Dutch kickboxing.

He would have gotten lucky a few times since the Dutch and Japanese are wild entertainers. But that’s about it. He would be worse than his career in Pride.

K-1 fighters were all brutal KO losses waiting to happen. They exhanged brain damage throughout eachothers careers.

As for the legs, the most deadly low kicks in K-1 was a guy with the same type of skinny legs as Anderson:
maxresdefault.jpg

You have no clue what you are talking about. Most of the K-1 greats are overrated.

Don't think he could've stood with those heavyweight kickboxers. Even if he increased his dosage.

To the same dosage as them? yes. You know K-1 was like Pride in that they legalized PED's and even encouraged it right?

in terms of K1 i think he would be "MAYBE"mid level adn this is coming from a big fan of his (not one of his haters), with that said Anderson IMP never really had foot work he just had that special element of surprise, in K1 I dont think that would be enough.

Incorrect.

This right here. I'm a Silva fan but let's not get carried away thinking he could just stroll through the elite kickboxing ranks.

Well......even Rampage managed to beat Cyril Abidi's ass in K-1 twice so I'm sure Anderson could've whooped some kickboxers around his wright.

Anderson makes poor strikers look stupid. But his fundamentals aren’t that great. He’s not dropping his hands, clowning and surviving those strikers. He’d lose a lot. Maybe pick up a win here and there due to his creativity.

Rampage had some decent success because although he’s not as flashy. He does have a tight defence, decent boxing and a lot of power.

Have you ever visited the planet earth?

In his physical prime he was in japan having very mixed results in Pridefc. If he wanted to he could have tried his hand at K1 (they paid more btw) but he did not

Anderson makes poor strikers look stupid. But his fundamentals aren’t that great. He’s not dropping his hands, clowning and surviving those strikers. He’d lose a lot. Maybe pick up a win here and there due to his creativity.

Rampage had some decent success because although he’s not as flashy. He does have a tight defence, decent boxing and a lot of power.

He fought Cyril Abidi as well who had some early success in 99-00 but had lost his last 3 big fights before Rampage and never picked up another big win again.

Look at Igor vs Hoost for a better idea how a MMA striking switching quickly to K-1 would go, guys like Reem and Mousasi already had a kickboxing background.

He’s not dropping his hands, clowning and surviving those strikers.

Ray Sefo did that pretty much most of his K-1 career. He clowned A LOT more than Anderson and the only one who made him pay for it was 6'11/280lb Semmy Schilt.

I can tell sherdoggers never watched K-1 matches aside from youtube highlights. These guys were not superheroes. Except Schilt.

Back