How would Holloway do against top 5 lightweights

He would lose to all of them.

He would be a decided underdog to all of them, and justifiably so.

Holloway is extremely talented and has improved dramatically as he has aged, but those guys have a serious size/weight advantage over him.

Don't know would have to watch him fight them and see

Aldo would have a much better chance than Holloway would.

He beats Alvarez and maybe Dos Anjos

He beats Alvarez and maybe Dos Anjos

agree, and maybe even barboza based on his last fight. I know he won but it didn't really inspire until the ko. I think max would be too busy for him. khabibmisu and tony no chance.

I feel Kabib would just toss him around, and Ferguson, would eventually overwhelm him and choke him out.

Against the others, he would have good chance, I guess it depends on whether he could:

-stuff Dos Anjos's TD
-shut down the kicking game of Barboza, like he did with Pettis. Because I don't think he would be able to take Barboza's kick's too well...

50-50 on all except khabib , khabib will GSP him.

Holloway isn't in his prime yet and still learning, give the guy a break.

Ferguson would pull out of the fight.

Holloway is probably one of the most overrated fighters right now. Yes, he has performed well and beaten good guys, but he's still just a contender despite his interim belt. As long as Aldo is fighting, Holloway will be just that, a solid contender.

What had Pettis done in the FW division for Holloway to get a belt with a win over him? Pretty much nothing. If there is a paper belt in the UFC right now, it's the one that Holloway is holding.

Hes way too scrawny. He would need like over a year to bulk up.

Khabib
Ferguson
Alvarez
Dos anjos
Barboza

He would beat them all via footwork

Khabib= Holloway would get wreslefucked ( I love to watch it though)
Ferguson=50-50 fight at best, Decision win for Holloway or maybe Ferguson who has the reach advantage and better bjj
Alvarez= Decision win for Holloway
Dos anjos= Decision win for Holloway
Barboza= Decision win for Holloway

He would lose to all of them.
yNoN8nW.gif

If he took some time to properly pack on muscle he'd do well. If he fought at his current size he'd have a really tough time with the size. His frame/height is enough that he could eventually go to LW properly though.

Back