How would gustafsson fare against stipe,cain,werdum and jds?

3sumrock

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Gus is a monster in lhw.his boxing is the best in lhw division,he has fastest hand in lhw.his wrestling is on par with Jon jones and dc.great chin + good footwork.
How would he fare against top 5 hws?

Gus has great defensive wrestling and will outwrestle guys who aren't good grapplers, but his grappling isn't as good as Jon's or DC's. Jon and DC just have trouble with Gus' TDD.

Gus' clinch game is almost nonexistant. Gus does have great hands and good movement and his approach to fighting is best defense is a great offense, but he does leave himself open and turns his head too much. He is also weak in the clinch like I was saying earlier.

I think he'd fair ok until he fights someone like Stipe or Cain. I don't think Gus is strong enough in the clinch to stop Cain. But that's assuming Cain is still in top form...

One guy against 4? He gets killed dead.

I'd be interested to see how he does against Werdum, Cain, and JDS.
I could see him catching Cain, beating Werdum and JDS, but getting stomped by Stipe 10/10 times.

He can beat Werdum. I guess he could give today JDS some trouble.

Loses to Cain and Stipe.

Just like he does against every top 5 fighter he fights.

He loses.

He would be in more danger at that weight than he would be dangerous, he could likley get a few good heavyweight wins tho.
If the UFC had a CW division he would do very well. So would smaller HWs, and other bigger LHWs tho.
I'm fine with him staying at light heavyweight as long as he can make weight without issues, it's not like he is out classed there or stands no chance at ever being champ.

Last edited:
Back