How would Douglas Lima do in the UFC?

Toner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Douglas Lima is arguably the best WW in the world (top 3 for sure).

Lima beat Lorenz Larkin decisively who has wins over four top 10 UFC WWs (Lawler, Masvidal, Magny, Santiago Ponz).

I favor Douglas Lima against the current UFC WW champion Tyron Woodley. I see Lima knocking out Woodley in the 3rd round. Lima will chop down Woodley with heavy leg kicks and that'll take away from Tyron's explosiveness.

Judging from his Wonderboy fights, Woodley can only win 1 round by using wrestling to LNP. Any more wrestling and he gasses out. That's why I don't see him wrestlefucking Lima. His gas tank is too weak.

Lima knocks out Woodley and Sherdog goes crazy.

Thoughts?

Rory Will smoke him

He's not top 5 in the UFC

I dont know how his TDD is these days. Audrey Koreshkov took him down pretty easily a few years ago but Lima was injuried and looked awful that night.

I still dont think he can defend TDs from guys like Maia or Woodley.

What I do think is that he is the best striker at WW period. Knocking out Koreshkov and easily outstrike Lima and Daley is not joke.

His fight with Rory will be fun. Im picking Rory to grapple his way to victory. But hey... I think Rory is the best WW in the world.

Lima is a pleasure to watch fight. I wish the orgs could stop the petty nonsense and do interleague fights, when it would be meaningful. not to unify, but to establish truth as to who's the man in each weight class.

To your point ts, now would be a great time for Lima v woodley because of the fact that we've seen wonderboy and Maia and now it's time for a fresh elite fighter to challenge woodley. I'm a huge fan of masvidal and he is a complete fighter, but it's hard to call him elite

He wouldn't cut it. UFC is just a different level, bro. A leagues.

he could make some serious waves in the UFC that's for sure.

The time for automatically dismissing Bellator fighters is over.

He's an amazing fighter, but he's not the best in the world. He can't hang with grapplers. Especially top level grinders. Askren mops the floor with him again. So does Maia. He's great on the feet but he's susceptible to takedowns.

His a real good fighter and look like top 5 material, good match up against Masvidal, Lawler, Cowboy. Maybe not so good against Miai, Woodley, Thompson.

Think he would do pretty good. Maybe not a top contender but for sure top 10. Really interested in his next fight. If he beats Rory. UFC should give him a shot.

hopefully that PFL collapses like expected so bellator can scoop up all the name guys so we can have a stronger secondary to the ufc. im not sure he could stop the takedowns of the top WWs in the UFC but he can def bang it out with all of them. the larkin fight he got busted open if i remember but then he beat up larkin the rest of the way. hes a tough guy that puts on fights, cant really hate

Top 3 possible champ in UFC

UFC isn't the be all end all anymore, it never was, especially not now

Think he would do pretty good. Maybe not a top contender but for sure top 10. Really interested in his next fight. If he beats Rory. UFC should give him a shot.

Lol I don't think he's in Bellator due to lack of interest from the UFC. He's been an elite WW for years now

Douglas Lima is arguably the best WW in the world (top 3 for sure).

Lima beat Lorenz Larkin decisively who has wins over four top 10 UFC WWs (Lawler, Masvidal, Magny, Santiago Ponz).

I favor Douglas Lima against the current UFC WW champion Tyron Woodley. I see Lima knocking out Woodley in the 3rd round. Lima will chop down Woodley with heavy leg kicks and that'll take away from Tyron's explosiveness.

Judging from his Wonderboy fights, Woodley can only win 1 round by using wrestling to LNP. Any more wrestling and he gasses out. That's why I don't see him wrestlefucking Lima. His gas tank is too weak.

Lima knocks out Woodley and Sherdog goes crazy.

Thoughts?
Didn't askren lay on him?

Lima is the best p4p that Bellator has. He would be a top 5 contender in ufc.. I would have gsp, wood, Lawler, and WB ahead tho

he'd be good. a lot of the top bellator guys would be good

Hard to say, just look at Will Brooks. Maybe he was just a bad matchup for Larkin who does not threaten with takedowns.

He's not even the best WW in Bellator. He fought 8 rounds with Koreshkov and won 5 seconds of those 8 rounds. Koreshkov went all Just Bleed for no reason out of nowhere and got KTFO, but he showed himself to be far and beyond better than Lima in their two fights.

He's not even the best WW in Bellator. He fought 8 rounds with Koreshkov and won 5 seconds of those 8 rounds. Koreshkov went all Just Bleed for no reason out of nowhere and got KTFO, but he showed himself to be far and beyond better than Lima in their two fights.
IMG_3047.JPG

Back