How would Colby Covington matchup with

DopeZach

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Masvidal? I know they're good friends and all. But just fight wise how would you see it going?

I'd say Colby wins since he's shown he can beat top ww's and Jorge hasn't. I imagine Jorge would spend a lot of time against the cage.

Well I know they were playing around, but Colby did outwrestle him lol
But being training partners I'm sure they both know each other's tells and tendencies. Masvidal tends to have a problem with stronger grapplers.

Masvidal is one of the most overrated fighters in MMA, he's a fun fighter and all, but he'd probably lose to 85% of WW's top 25, and most of the top 10 LW's would smoke him too.

It would be a razor close split decision arguably a robbery favoring idk who.

Corny would wrestlehump or wall n stall Masvidal for the decision.

That goddamn bitch Whore-Hey would be eating canvas all night

Jorge got taken down repeatedly by Maia. Colby wears the pants in the family.

Masvidal is one of the most overrated fighters in MMA, he's a fun fighter and all, but he'd probably lose to 85% of WW's top 25, and most of the top 10 LW's would smoke him too.
Masvidal overrated?
giphy.gif

Grappling... don't see it going any other way. Covington decision..

I also think Covington by decision.

I don't know what it means that Masvidal is not overrated; he is ranked and generally considered exactly as he deserves based on his performance: a solid contender a tier below the top WW.

His buddy Colby is a difference story ofc...

Masvidal overrated?
giphy.gif
Yeah, he's ranked highly based on beating Cerrone, who himself was ranked much higher than plenty of guys who'd beat him on name value and a good run beating mid tier fighters.

I'm not taking a pop at Masvidal, he's entertaining, he's just a guy who I think would lose to most of the top 25 in his division.

That's quite possiblly the most boring fight that could ever be made. Covington would try non-stop to hug Masvidal and fill his heart with love and affection, while in the few moments they aren't clinching Masvidal would be comfortably coasting to a split decision. That he would lose, as usual.

That living room drunk wrestling match they did tells me Jorge gets wrestle fucked to oblivion and back.

Colby will be fine as long as he avoids Khabib. If Khabib moves up.............game over for Colby and Woodley.

Back