How would a superHW division look?

Unless you have a skilled 400 pounder, which I've never seen, the size gap doesn't matter. Anyone that has a huge size advantage over a normal size HW is going to be a can. Fedor smashed several of these types of bums in his prime

See my commsnt above why not raise LHW?

Also look what non USADA 285lb big foot silva did to fedor.

Fedor looked so small and got manhandled. Strength and siE difference was fucking 55lbs!!

We will start to see the bob sapp types come along.

It would turn into a drug induced freakshow where only people with gigantism and guys doing 3grams of steroids a week would be able to compete.

It would become more spectacle than sport and would likely be less entertaining to people who enjoy watching the technical aspects of mixed martial arts.

Any time the UFC brought up USADA, people would just point at the HW division and say "that shit clearly doesnt work."

If they were to get rid of the limit, there would need to be a cruiserweight division (230lbs) for competitors who didnt want to roid to inhuman levels.....

but make no mistake....if they get rid of the limit.....death will follow.

Its unethical. Unhealthy people shouldnt be competing in athletics.....they should work on becoming healthy....

This whole discussion is starting to remind me of the Crack-Baby Basketball Association from South Park.

Its a bad idea and unethical as fuck....
PRIDE had modern WWs against SHWs and no one died. Stop making things up. And if someone wants to destroy their body to be a SHW who are you to tell them no? Without people destroying their bodies we wouldn't have any pro sports, much less things like MMA, bodybuilding, and NFL.

You mistake me. I am against adding more divisions. I do not want more divisions I just think you make it more exciting and easier for fighters if you raise the weigh cap for a few divisions.

And you make a good point but how often do 6'5 guys or taller exist? And who are not fat and can survive in USADA era? That tall or taller is like less than 1% of men.

Look at all top HW they are below 265lbs. Ngannou I am not sure if he cut or how much but my guess is not much. Even Ubereem was only 263 or 265lbs he currently from 274 bs
I remember for brock fight.

I disagree LHW like Cormier and Jones would have no issue at HW. Cormier have most issue cause his height against elite tier I think. Would a bulked up Gustafsson be terrible at HW? I not think so

Also the gap between WW and MW is kind of big mostly in fighter height and lean body mass. You get some shorter bloated guys there but they do not last like hendricks.

Unfortunately what your proposing would be too much work for such a bring promotion with so many fighters..things like body mass and height are not currently factors in weight classes.. that would take an extensive amount of figuring out based on height, lean body mass and reach to determine where everyfighter can fight fairly to fight..the truth is someone will have some sort of advantage physically whether there tall..have more reach..short with a heavy base..short with longer reach..theres too many variables to setup what your proposing..in a perfect world..fighter would be separated by a

Reach limit
Height limit
Weight limit
And maybe bodyfat as a tie breaker

To set them into divisons but that doesnt really fix the problem...as you have althetes in almost every division that meet the same requirements except till you get to heavyweight..

Better to keep the weights as in and shorten the hw division i bet you if the ufc did this we see many great match ups right off the bat with fighters going up and down weight classes between lhw..hw and shw

A super hw division isnt in the ufc cause dana probably thinks it would look like a circus or tough man event.

but the fans want a super hw division.

PRIDE had modern WWs against SHWs and no one died. Stop making things up. And if someone wants to destroy their body to be a SHW who are you to tell them no? Without people destroying their bodies we wouldn't have any pro sports, much less things like MMA, bodybuilding, and NFL.

Im not talking about death due to disparity in size.....im talking about heart attacks because the human heart can't support that weight in a healthy manner....

EVERY sport where inhuman size is incentivized has a serious problem with early death due to heart attack.

Who here thinks Bob Sapp makes it to his 55th birthday?

Ive been on this sit\e for about a decade and never made an account bet.....but i would account bet that bob sapp doesnt reach 55.

This is a relatively new sport and we have info now that wasnt arouund when the NFL was established.

Lets not incentivize suicide, folks.

People that heavy need to deal with whatever issues are forcing them to over-eat or seek counseling for drug addiction. Lets not become enablers. The fights would be terrible anyway....

Also, the nature of those other sports requires that size.....
In mma sizes that exrreme would be bad for performance....its completely unecessary and counterproductive.....

I dont want to watch sumo wrestlers in a 10k race for the same reason....

People can get as fat or large as they want for free.....no need to pay them.....its incentivizing a slower form of suicide...

Last edited:
There are going to be early death heart attack problems in ANY sport where competitors weigh over 250lbs.

Its already a problem in Strongman, Powerlifting, Bodybuilding, Football and pro wrestling. There has already been a SHW heart attack in MMA. Lets not make this a regular thing.

Its stupid....if you weigh over 265, go on a diet or lay off the drugs a bit....

Humans shouldn't be that heavy.

Just let open weight fights happen if both fighters agree, just give us Minowaman vs. Ngannou..

Unfortunately what your proposing would be too much work for such a bring promotion with so many fighters..things like body mass and height are not currently factors in weight classes.. that would take an extensive amount of figuring out based on height, lean body mass and reach to determine where everyfighter can fight fairly to fight..the truth is someone will have some sort of advantage physically whether there tall..have more reach..short with a heavy base..short with longer reach..theres too many variables to setup what your proposing..in a perfect world..fighter would be separated by a

Reach limit
Height limit
Weight limit
And maybe bodyfat as a tie breaker

To set them into divisons but that doesnt really fix the problem...as you have althetes in almost every division that meet the same requirements except till you get to heavyweight..

Better to keep the weights as in and shorten the hw division i bet you if the ufc did this we see many great match ups right off the bat with fighters going up and down weight classes between lhw..hw and shw

Weigt classes abd rules change before in all sports. What i am propose is not radical. It is just raise LHW to 215lbs

Why you against this? And maybe if you do this then raise HW to 285lb. Also possibly raise MW to 190lbs

would be an interesting watch if they made a GP out of it. hopefully not all in one night

Back