How would a superHW division look?

You said no weight limit right?

This is what happens when humans are too large for their hearts.

This is what a SHW division would lead to....which is likely why the UFC doesnt institute one.
The UFC doesn't have a SHW division because there are no SHW fighters worth signing.

My proposal wasn't even a SHW division it was having no upper weight limit.

Which is exactly why I'm happy the UFC doesnt have a superHW division.

Let these guys go to other sports. I don't want this stuff in mma. Plus the fights would likely be fucking terrible.
Again, I don't even want a SHW division I just think the 265 lb weight limit is silly and accomplishes nothing.

Over 265lbs is just an invitation for fattys and low cardio fights, i thinm a better divisional gap should be this

206 to 245 heavyweight

246 to 280 superheavyweight

This makes much more sense and less liabilty for promotors for medical clearances and heart attacks mid fight. Ive thought for years the gap in hw divison of mma has hindering its growth as many 205ers are to worried about potentially facing a carwin/hunt or overeem/lesnar type they dont move up but the divison i put would allow easier transitions more fighters.

Just my two cents T.S

If anything just raise LHW to 210lbs or 215lbs max. It would then meat you could cut from 235lbs and or 240lbs and fight there.

And then keep HW cap. Because if you raise HW to 280 you will get 305lb guys cutting to it.

No it isn't lol. If you drop the 265 lb limit do you think the HW division is suddenly going to be filled with 350 pounders? if you think that you are drastically wrong.

We will start to see the bob sapp types come along.

It would turn into a drug induced freakshow where only people with gigantism and guys doing 3grams of steroids a week would be able to compete.

It would become more spectacle than sport and would likely be less entertaining to people who enjoy watching the technical aspects of mixed martial arts.

Any time the UFC brought up USADA, people would just point at the HW division and say "that shit clearly doesnt work."

If they were to get rid of the limit, there would need to be a cruiserweight division (230lbs) for competitors who didnt want to roid to inhuman levels.....

but make no mistake....if they get rid of the limit.....death will follow.

Its unethical. Unhealthy people shouldnt be competing in athletics.....they should work on becoming healthy....

This whole discussion is starting to remind me of the Crack-Baby Basketball Association from South Park.

Its a bad idea and unethical as fuck....

Super HW only work if you allow steroids. Otherwise unless you are 7ft tall you wont weigh more than 265lbs and have low body fat.

Anyone over 265lbs at under 6'5 or so is fat. Even Brett Rogers who tall and 280lbs and real strong had a high body fat %. Yeah guys like him could be super HW but he not real athletic. So it would leave giys like Ubereem and Ngannou but they not even be much higher over 265lbs anyways.

If anything just raise LHW to 210lbs or 215lbs max. It would then meat you could cut from 235lbs and or 240lbs and fight there.

And then keep HW cap. Because if you raise HW to 280 you will get 305lb guys cutting to it.

No.. no need to mess with the other divisons spacing..those make sense only at heavyweight do we see such a gap

Again, I don't even want a SHW division I just think the 265 lb weight limit is silly and accomplishes nothing.

If theres one thing you should take away from this thread, its that the 265lb limit prevents unhealthy athletes from competing and dying of a heart attack.....

Lol at being concerned with legal liability, but absolutely zero fucks given about the ethical implications of letting guys that big compete in an endurance sport and paying them for it.

You even recognize the extreme increase in heart attack risk.

If you have ever played a D&D game (videogame or live), this is a textbook 'Lawful Evil' thinking process....i love it.

Im not concerned im not a promotor idiot..

Im saying promoters will be concerned as the last thing the ufc needs with its new owners is the first fighter to die in the ring lol...

Me as a fan if those big guys want to fight and can pass the medicals let them but i dont think it would to compelling or entertaining to see 300 plus guys throw 4 punches a minute for 15 or potentially 25 mins..followed by heavy breathing and staggering lol..my proposed divisions provide leway for bigger althetes but keeps the competiveness up which is important for me as a fan..

If theres one thing you should take away from this thread, its that the 265lb limit prevents unhealthy athletes from competing and dying of a heart attack.....
That's clearly your angle. I don't think that's why the weight limit is there at all. I think the UFC doesn't want too big of size gaps, but reality is there is a definite point of diminishing returns for most guys as far as weight goes. You wouldn't suddenly see a bunch of 300 lb guys just because the weight limit is removed. Like I said it would be for a handful of examples throughout the history of the UFC that would benefit from it but I don't see why Lesnar or Bigfoot or Struve should have to cut to make HEAVYWEIGHT.

We will start to see the bob sapp types come along.

It would turn into a drug induced freakshow where only people with gigantism and guys doing 3grams of steroids a week would be able to compete.

It would become more spectacle than sport and would likely be less entertaining to people who enjoy watching the technical aspects of mixed martial arts.

Any time the UFC brought up USADA, people would just point at the HW division and say "that shit clearly doesnt work."

If they were to get rid of the limit, there would need to be a cruiserweight division (230lbs) for competitors who didnt want to roid to inhuman levels.....

but make no mistake....if they get rid of the limit.....death will follow.

Its unethical. Unhealthy people shouldnt be competing in athletics.....they should work on becoming healthy....

This whole discussion is starting to remind me of the Crack-Baby Basketball Association from South Park.

Its a bad idea and unethical as fuck....
I don't agree with any of this lol. Especially in the fucking USADA era ffs

No.. no need to mess with the other divisons spacing..those make sense only at heavyweight do we see such a gap

Do they really though?

By raising LHW limit it effectively basically become the cruiserweight division. Most LHW are same size and length as MW they just are heavier. In fact the MW are lower body fat % more cut and shredded. The LHW like shogun or DC carry a lot of fat.

Someone like Cain if he lost 5lbs of fat or 10lbs could easily make LHW if the limit was raised tover 215lbs. Would a 220lbs Jones who is taller and lower than Cain with single digit body fat really be too small for a shorter but 235lb or 240lbs Cain?

I would raise LHW by 10lbs and would keep rest divisions. Maybe even actually raise MW by 5lbs.

Do they really though?

By raising LHW limit it effectively basically become the cruiserweight division. Most LHW are same size and length as MW they just are heavier. In fact the MW are lower body fat % more cut and shredded. The LHW like shogun or DC carry a lot of fat.

Someone like Cain if he lost 5lbs of fat or 10lbs could easily make LHW if the limit was raised tover 215lbs. Would a 220lbs Jones who is taller and lower than Cain with single digit body fat really be too small for a shorter but 235lb or 240lbs Cain?

I would raise LHW by 10lbs and would keep rest divisions. Maybe even actually raise MW by 5lbs.

Why dont you add divisons for every three pounds between divisons too..and while your at it add a few more governing bodies for titles..and we can have boxing all over agains with 15 champs per weight division...

You make no fucking sense..

The gap between all other divisons are pretty equal , and allow for fighters as you mentioned to move between weights classes more naturally like mw to lhw..until you reach hw ...were lhw cant just move up without packing on alot of weight or adjusting therd workiuts and diets accordingly as a big lhw who walks around lets say at 230..is still tiny when your talking about 6'5" guys who are cutting to make 265

That's clearly your angle. I don't think that's why the weight limit is there at all. I think the UFC doesn't want too big of size gaps, but reality is there is a definite point of diminishing returns for most guys as far as weight goes. You wouldn't suddenly see a bunch of 300 lb guys just because the weight limit is removed. Like I said it would be for a handful of examples throughout the history of the UFC that would benefit from it but I don't see why Lesnar or Bigfoot or Struve should have to cut to make HEAVYWEIGHT.

They dont have to cut weight.

They're human beings. They're not naturally that big. They can lower their dosages in the case of Lesnar, or go for a goddamn jog and diet in the case of Hunt....

Why dont you add divisons for every three pounds between divisons too..and while your at it add a few more governing bodies for titles..and we can have boxing all over agains with 15 champs per weight division...

You make no fucking sense..

The gap between all other divisons are pretty equal , and allow for fighters as you mentioned to move between weights classes more naturally like mw to lhw..until you reach hw ...were lhw cant just move up without packing on alot of weight or adjusting therd workiuts and diets accordingly as a big lhw who walks around lets say at 230..is still tiny when your talking about 6'5" guys who are cutting to make 265

You mistake me. I am against adding more divisions. I do not want more divisions I just think you make it more exciting and easier for fighters if you raise the weigh cap for a few divisions.

And you make a good point but how often do 6'5 guys or taller exist? And who are not fat and can survive in USADA era? That tall or taller is like less than 1% of men.

Look at all top HW they are below 265lbs. Ngannou I am not sure if he cut or how much but my guess is not much. Even Ubereem was only 263 or 265lbs he currently from 274 bs
I remember for brock fight.

I disagree LHW like Cormier and Jones would have no issue at HW. Cormier have most issue cause his height against elite tier I think. Would a bulked up Gustafsson be terrible at HW? I not think so

Also the gap between WW and MW is kind of big mostly in fighter height and lean body mass. You get some shorter bloated guys there but they do not last like hendricks.

To big of size gap would exist though.

To big of size gap would exist though.
Unless you have a skilled 400 pounder, which I've never seen, the size gap doesn't matter. Anyone that has a huge size advantage over a normal size HW is going to be a can. Fedor smashed several of these types of bums in his prime

Back