How would a superHW division look?

cyrusthevyrus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ok, HW is thin as hell but if some fighters were not obliged to make weight, they would be heavier.

I have in mind Mark Hunt, Struve, Ngannou, Overeem

Ok, HW is thin as hell but if some fighters were not obliged to make weight, they would be heavier.

Metamoris4-JoshBarnettXDeanLister-09-respect-400-sg.gif

It would have two to four guys in it.

It would be a bunch of slow fat slobs with no cardio whatsoever.

It would be embarrassing, and difficult to find fighters for.

I think they should do it, but still keep it capped at 265. Make HW 225 or something like that. Only problem is scarcity of talent at hw as it is. Split the division in half and it’s gonna get real slim. Also the quality of its champion would probably in question as the baddest man on the planet considering that whoever the hw champion would be, would probly beat him like Stipe vs Ngannou.

The money isn't there to attract genuine athletes that big. There are lots of them, but they are more gainfully employed elsewhere.

Over 265lbs is just an invitation for fattys and low cardio fights, i thinm a better divisional gap should be this

206 to 245 heavyweight

246 to 280 superheavyweight

This makes much more sense and less liabilty for promotors for medical clearances and heart attacks mid fight. Ive thought for years the gap in hw divison of mma has hindering its growth as many 205ers are to worried about potentially facing a carwin/hunt or overeem/lesnar type they dont move up but the divison i put would allow easier transitions more fighters.

Just my two cents T.S

Overeem is max 250. I think Volkov is a future 265+ fighter

The UFC had one super heavyweight fight back in the days, mind you. It was an awful idea

So the UFC will look into it

they already have a divison like that with Cyborg being champ...

This... There simply aren't enough fighters out there that can't make 265 to populate it.

I've always believed there should be less weight classes, not more. The more classes you have, the more guys are killing themselves to cut weight. Plus the talent gets spread out.

We joke about how weak Mighty Mouse's division is. Roll it into 135 and it becomes a much more interesting weight class

It would be a bunch of slow fat slobs with no cardio whatsoever.

It would be embarrassing, and difficult to find fighters for.

Big_Daddy_V_pose.jpg

I envision 4 - 6 dudes with front butts and zero cardio <Lmaoo>

Cardio to last about 30 seconds.
Yes, but still, there have been some exciting fighters:
Lesnar
Ngannou
Ubereem
Hunt
Volkov (future)
Etc.

This thread was made yesterday

kind of random

Made female 145 for one fighter, if they had one shw worth watching wme would start it up

Back