How would a prime Lord Chael do in todays MW division?

Sonnen is way underrated around here. He'd have nightmare matchups like Rockhold, Romero, and Whittaker, but he'd be above guys like Brunson. Good chance roided Sonnen beats current Weidman too.

20130817_jla_bt1_507.0.jpg

176717518.0.jpg
giphy.gif

Imagine if he wins the Bellator HW GP - he could troll off into the sunset for all eternity.

I think he could beat some of the top 5. Chael was a beast - and he fought smart.

The only one I think is a clear bad match up for him is Romero - Chael isn't taking him down.

I think he COULD beat
Rockhold
Gastelum
Weidman
Whittaker

I do not think he would necessarily beat all of them, but I do think he would win at least 1 or 2. None of them have all of the tools to clearly beat him - the speed and precision of Anderson, the size and wrestling skills of Tito or the submission skills of Maia.

Can any of of those 4 can out wrestle him? If he got his hands on any of them, they're getting taken down.

Repeat - I'm not saying he goes 4-0 against these 4, but I would not be surprised if he beat any two of them.

10/10 for backing up the user name, properly. <mma4>

I love Chael, but c'mon son.

You think Chael would stand a chance against Romero, Whittaker, Souza, Weidman or Rockhold?

I personally don't even think he'd get past the Brunson's of the world.
I think he would have a decent chance with Weidman and Rockhold, but the rest would dominate him

I love Chael, but c'mon son.

You think Chael would stand a chance against Romero, Whittaker, Souza, Weidman or Rockhold?

I personally don't even think he'd get past the Brunson's of the world.
You're thinking of skill wise, he'd get demolished. Of course he would. That's not why Chael was great.

Chael was great because he had the explosiveness of Yoel Romero, the durability of Mark Hunt, and the cardio of Nick Diaz.

Prime Chael didn't need standup because he could just eat shots forever. He didn't need to plan out his takedowns because he could spam then endlessly without worrying about getting tired. He was the ultimate chemical machine.

Yoel has better natural wrestling ability, sure. But Yoel can only try a takedown or 2 per round or he'll be gassed and get knocked out. Prime Chael can shoot for 25 takedowns every round and be just as fresh in round 5 as he was in round 1. That means that Chael's wrestling is more dangerous than Yoel Romero's.

When Whitaker is slowing down a little in round 3, Chael is still at 150% the capacity of a natural athlete. That's when Chael takes over and destroys him.

Prime Chael has 16 times the testosterone levels of the average man. Prime Chael has many times more oxygen carrying red blood cells than the average man.

Prime Chael is just more macho than the average man. That macho carries him through the entire division right now. Chael beats them all.

As much as I love Chael, the current MW division is full of too many elite wrestlers. And Chael needs that takedown to do any kind of damage at all, so....

Unless you can provide X-rays or medical documentation of injured ribs, there's zero proof. And Anderson didn't really seemed to be affected by it.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1243038-ufc-117-anderson-silva-were-the-ribs-a-factor

Fine.

And?

Sonnen still couldn't finish a man he beat on for 23 minutes, while having something like 13 times the testosterone of a normal man. It's not really a great look either way you come at it.

p.s.

Going into the fight I was kinda rooting for Sonnen simply because Silva's antics four months prior towards Maia disgusted me.

Lord Chael was in his prime around 2008-2012. That's a solid 4 years against a murderous row of fighters.
Considering how weak the middleweight division is today, how do you think he would do?

I would say he's definitely champion material. Lets not forget that he's pretty much 1-1 with the greatest of all time.

Thoughts?
1- the MW div is not weak
2- he is not 1-1 against the goat
3- prime Chael was a beast and could very well be the champ today

When the tough get going , Chael s heart gets the fuck out of dodge.

Don't get me wrong , he'd be a top 5,6 middleweight ...maybe 7

So you just made that up because..?

<21>

I didn't make it up. I recalled him saying he was injured to Rogan after the fight ended. I just thought I read here it was a broken, not bruised rib. Neither is anything to shrug off. And yes, my point still stands - Sonnen lost. He never was 1-1 with Anderson. He took a dump truck worth of roids, came in with insanely elevated T, and lost, after managing to control 23 minutes of the fight. Horrible look for him.

Sonnen is way underrated around here. He'd have nightmare matchups like Rockhold, Romero, and Whittaker, but he'd be above guys like Brunson. Good chance roided Sonnen beats current Weidman too.

You mean Sonnen with 9 losses by sub?

Weidman has a size and strength advantage and a very solid sub game

Lord Chael was in his prime around 2008-2012. That's a solid 4 years against a murderous row of fighters.
Considering how weak the middleweight division is today, how do you think he would do?

I would say he's definitely champion material. Lets not forget that he's pretty much 1-1 with the greatest of all time.

Thoughts?
Lol are you fucking serious? Lord Chael? Go back to reddit kid

You're thinking of skill wise, he'd get demolished. Of course he would. That's not why Chael was great.

Chael was great because he had the explosiveness of Yoel Romero, the durability of Mark Hunt, and the cardio of Nick Diaz.

Prime Chael didn't need standup because he could just eat shots forever. He didn't need to plan out his takedowns because he could spam then endlessly without worrying about getting tired. He was the ultimate chemical machine.

Yoel has better natural wrestling ability, sure. But Yoel can only try a takedown or 2 per round or he'll be gassed and get knocked out. Prime Chael can shoot for 25 takedowns every round and be just as fresh in round 5 as he was in round 1. That means that Chael's wrestling is more dangerous than Yoel Romero's.

When Whitaker is slowing down a little in round 3, Chael is still at 150% the capacity of a natural athlete. That's when Chael takes over and destroys him.

Prime Chael has 16 times the testosterone levels of the average man. Prime Chael has many times more oxygen carrying red blood cells than the average man.

Prime Chael is just more macho than the average man. That macho carries him through the entire division right now. Chael beats them all.
Just as explosive as Romero. I can't even begin to take you seriously.

Back