How will McGregor deal with the jab of Khabib?

It's because boxing fundamentals in MMA are beyond terrible. Even a little know-how can make a guy champ.

So it looks easy with strikers. But fighting a grappler with a chin who isn't a no-camp manlet ... that'll change things.

That’s true. The vast majority of mma fighters don’t have very good boxing. But that still doesn’t take away from conors skill. He way he slips and counters, how he makes opponents miss by such a smalll margin, that shit is not easy. Aldo tried it many times against Stephens but if I remember correctly he didn’t land it even once. It’s a big risk to take sometimes if done at the wrong time or you’re too close.

Conor’s control of distance is amazing. Even against Floyd, early on he looked good. Floyd ended up destroying him bad, but for a guy that was supposed to get slapped up immediately, he did well. I’ll take sugar rays word over anybody else. A boxer of his caliber saying Conor did good? Tyson said it, too. They were all surprised and impressed Conor could do what he did even though he got outclassed BAD eventually. While fresh, Conor is a monster. If he put all of his time into pure boxing he could do well.

World champ? I doubt that. But dangerous for anybody. His countering is high level. People talk about Anderson’s boxing but it’s a joke compared to Conor’s. Silva without his kicks and knees isn’t shit. Notice he’s relied on his hands more than anything lately because he’s worried about his leg, notice how he doesn’t look like anything special using his hands only. Notice his most significant shots since he leg break we’re actually kicks and knees.

His hands are overrated as fuck. Conor is quite possibly the best boxer we’ve seen in mma. Certainly the most dangerous puncher we’ve seen. People will say I’m nuthugging, but I’m just being honest. Conor may be an asshole sometimes. But as a fighter he’s one of the best in the world, with some of the most effective striking/boxing we’ve seen in this sport.

Another thing - Nate’s boxing isn’t exactly bad. Its very effective. That’s what matters. It doesn’t look nice, but it works. Like Khabib’s striking. It’s ugly, but it’s effective and that’s what matters. Conor’s striking looks crisp and smooth, and it’s extremely effective. His left is like RJJ’s straight right or left hook. Roy rarely jabbed, he lead with his left hook and it almost always landed. Everybody knew what his strengths were, they knew what his best weapons were, yet they couldn’t avoid it, much like people can’t avoid Conor’s left. That’s skill right there. Conor is an exceptional striker.

/rant

You sound like one of those guys that thinks Dillashaw has "great footwork" because he dances around like a drunk frat chick. It really is amazing how little you guys know about boxing. The only time you'll see a "great striker" step straight back from the pocket is when they're hurt. You probably also think Barboza is a "great striker" because he throws flashy kicks even though he's a terrible boxer.

It's cool that you think you know about boxing, but it's really amazing how little you know about MMA. Also, No, I don't think or agree with anything that you said, but if you want to continue to argue with imaginary opposing view points in your head, then I'll allow it; it's amusing.

Last edited:
One of the majors reasons Conor's overrated. He's never KO'ed anyone he didn't at least have a 3-4 inch reach advantage over. This is also why I think he has a chance to win this fight.
3-4 over 74 inches, is 78 inches.....ain't no FW or LW in the world have dat kinda reach.

tumblr_ov33zhbNJ51qms0wao3_r2_1280.gif

<36>

That off-balance piece of shit jab looks awful. lmao

Conor's in more danger of the ceiling collapsing and knocking him out.
I agree with you, that fight finally made Khabib look human and his striking was the main reason for that. I hope he goes back to his old ways and doesn't attempt to strike with Conor

I literally laughed out loud when I read the title. LMAO. How will Conor counter teh jab? By countering it with ease. SMH. Hobbeeb should set up his TD's with leg kicks and feints. He should not be striking with him at all.

We all saw what Khabib did to a well rounded fighter like Iaquinta with that jab and striking setups:

320fd0f22ccf1e7244607418fb7847cf

This is a new and improved Khabib and we have never seen McGregor deal with anyone with this combination of skills before, are we overlooking a potential mauling on the feet if McGregor starts to tire from defending takedowns?
I hope you are kidding , comparing Al Iaquinta , a guy who only has a right hand and his defense against takedowns is to fight squatting down and flat footed ,to Connor McGregor.

if anything khabib lets connor try to come towards him, fake a take down and lead with the uppercut....if khabibs jabs he will get countered and it will be a short night

as much as I dislike him I think conor catches him early.

I hope that Javiar is teaching him some defence to help close the distance.

Maybe watch Dillashaw and Romero and that modified crossover defence.

His last fight was against maywesther.

Don’t think he’s worried about kahibs striking.

I see a lot of people saying this, and I have to disagree.

I have to say that if Khabib doesn't strike a little bit with Conor in order to get in close and set up a clinch/TD, it may be an early night. The last thing Khabib needs to do is just rush in and shoot for a TD and if he does, he'll be in grave danger.

For the record, I'm pulling for Khalabeeb.

He won't try to strike with Conor

I don't think anyone is saying his striking offense is bad (although it's a little wild), it's his striking defense that poses a serious problem.

In every single one of those gifs, Khabib exposes his chin while throwing. Not good against a Conor McGregor type.

Khabib's striking is grossly underrated, people act like he has Phil Brooks level striking..

1_004.gif

Back