How will Khabib handle his hypothetical first loss?

OrigFan255

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I AM NOT saying it will come from Tony or Nugget.

Gathje was riding a perfect record also but did state before fighting Johnson that he knows he is gonna probably get KO'd/Lose in the UFC.
He handled it well by bouncing right back.

Khabib has recently jumped into the deep end of the pool and has great success.
The pressure to keep winning with a perfect record must feel like you got the weight of the world on your shoulders.

My opinion? If Khabib loses before he retires, I think he will take an extended period of time off before he accepts that he is still a champion/warrior in the eyes of many.

I HOPE that if/when he loses, he shakes the victor's hand with respect and, get's right back in the mix by smashing opponents.

Thoughts?

Khabib is very even keeled in his disposition.

I think he would handle it like a bawse, and use it as motivation.

Quite well I'd imagine as it will only be hypothetical and not actual.

Last edited:
How do you know if Gaethje bounced right back? He hasn’t even fought again.

He will make changes and come back better. I use his weight cutting for example, he looked much better this last fight because he knew he had done phucked up.

I think he'll take it well. He used his losses in grappling as fuel for him back in the day. Don't see how this would be different. He's said that loss is a very real thing for him and he's prepared.

The first one is always the hardest tho.

Quit Ramadan and feast on dat Tiramisu

i hope we get a double ko .. Sonthey both know how it is ..

after that we'll the best versions of them yet !!

I am a big Khabib fan but I am not delusional. If he keeps fighting then he will lose at some point. Possibly even as soon as the Ferg fight. I think that a person as driven as Khabib will rebound from a loss without issue and actually come back stronger from it.

Last edited:
I am a big Khabib fan but I am not delusional. If he keeps fighting then he will lose at some point. Possibly as even as soon as the Ferg fight. I think that a person as driven as Khabib will rebound from a loss without issue and actually come back stronger from it.
hopefully, if you listen to his coaches tho he hasn't even lost a round in sparring in years let along mma fights or sambo fights. the guy has no experience being on the losing end of things. He seems like a solid dude tho, I don't see any purple pillows in his future if he does take an L anytime soon.

I’m sure he will handle it fine.

Well around here being humble is making excses for your losses so who knows

hopefully, if you listen to his coaches tho he hasn't even lost a round in sparring in years let along mma fights or sambo fights. the guy has no experience being on the losing end of things. He seems like a solid dude tho, I don't see any purple pillows in his future if he does take an L anytime soon.
He's lost before. He lost plenty in his teens and lost the finals of a world Sambo tournament at 82kg. He's just dedicated to becoming better and fixing the holes in his game.

I could see him pulling the 'Gods will' thing. God testing him and his resolve.

He'd take the loss well. Absolving blame like that does you some good.

almohadon-pana-violeta-d95cf937bec800c1b723cd57e2b62abd-1024-1024.jpg

Look at how he responded to the one fight he didn't win dominantly (Tibau)... by making significant, effective changes to his game.
Win or lose, it seems like we may only get a few more years of Khabib fighting so the question of how far he could have went may never be answered.

I could see him pulling the 'Gods will' thing. God testing him and his resolve.

He'd take the loss well. Absolving blame like that does you some good.
exactly this.
Like his wins he says its God's will that he wins, it won't be any different

Back