How well would George Foreman have done in K1?

No way to say for sure. Which era is he competing in in this hypothetical?

I think Michael the Silk Olajade would've been a better K-1 guy. That dude's nick is GOAT.

He would have wrecked all of the K-1 greats.

Lets face it Rampage an MMA LHW came and beat up Ciril ABide who at the time had taken Aerts out and was touted as one of the better K1 kickboxers and still is looking back in history. Boxers and MMA fighters have both wrecked the K1 elite.

Foreman with good training on kick defense would have annihilated most of em at least.

This is not Muay Thai we are talking about its K1 Karate and boxing

Lets face it Rampage an MMA LHW came and beat up Ciril ABide who at the time had taken Aerts out and was touted as one of the better K1 kickboxers and still is looking back in history. Boxers and MMA fighters have both wrecked the K1 elite.

Foreman with good training on kick defense would have annihilated most of em at least.

Botha lost to Abidi twice, got ko'd cold by Mighty Mo....Most boxers (or any that i can remember) did not do well in k1. MMA fighters generally did a lot better because they were more versed in kickboxing.

Botha lost to Abidi twice, got ko'd cold by Mighty Mo....Most boxers (or any that i can remember) did not do well in k1. MMA fighters generally did a lot better because they were more versed in kickboxing.

Botha TKOed Peter Aerts with his iron shin, and KOed Le Banner, 2 of the extreme elite in K1

But more impressive was his win over the welterweight and authentic muay thai fighter in Kaoklai Kaennorsing, this guy made Alexey Ignashov look silly, and beat many K1 fighters at a silly weight, range, power, and "non full thai skillset" disadvantage.

Botha TKOed Peter Aerts with his iron shin, and KOed Le Banner, 2 of the extreme elite in K1

But more impressive was his win over the welterweight and authentic muay thai fighter in Kaoklai Kaennorsing, this guy made Alexey Ignashov look silly, and beat many K1 fighters at a silly weight, range, power, and "non full thai skillset" disadvantage.
Did Botha check an Aerts kick, and HE won out???
I loved Kaoklai. He sure started to lose soon after his great run against the heavies, though. Damn. Started with Petrosyan iirc?

I just watched the Botha fight. I know that when you train you program your moves a bit, but wtf was Aerts thinking throwing that second lowkick??
Good on Botha, too. Tons of top guys still dont seem to know how to check kicks.... which always baffles me

Did Botha check an Aerts kick, and HE won out???
I loved Kaoklai. He sure started to lose soon after his great run against the heavies, though. Damn. Started with Petrosyan iirc?

Yews Botha dismantalled Aerts with his superior Bone density and stance. Very messy blood and a deep wound

Yes he was great fun, just goes to show the level of K1 compared to the level of Muay Thai, its just a shame the Thais dont produce many heavyweights like Sagat

Yews Botha dismantalled Aerts with his superior Bone density and stance. Very messy blood and a deep wound

Yes he was great fun, just goes to show the level of K1 compared to the level of Muay Thai, its just a shame the Thais dont produce many heavyweights like Sagat
ya, for sure. Kaoklai was a giant at 5'11

Rampage is a very strong guy and just because he beat one guy, doesn't matter he would be a consistently great K-1 fighter. In the golden days of K-1, most of the top guys had victories over each other and most of them had some losses to guys who are realistically below their level. It's a brutal sport and anything can happen on fight night when two heavyweights start swinging. Also, Rampage is a natural heavyweight and was cutting to 205. K-1 was full of successful guys who in their prime were not heavier than 235 or so. Sure, there were some much heavier guys too.

I do believe Foreman would have been successful in K-1 had he been born in a different time. He's just a crazy physical specimen. I mean, he wasn't that much bigger than Ali or Norton, but was much more powerful than them. Different muscle fiber, tendon strength, bone density etc. Too bad we never really saw his real prime. When he was in his physical prime, he mentally lost the Ali fight and never recovered. When he came back, he was a much more patient and intelligent fighter but no longer in his physical prime.

Btw, I don't think Abidi was ever considered the absolute top echelon fighter, even though he had victories over Sefo and Aerts. Hoost, Aerts, Sefo, Le Banner, Hunt, Hug, Bernardo, Cro Cop, Bonjasky were guys who could have beaten each other on any given day. I think Abidi was a lower tier fighter compared to those guys. One of the most talented dudes was definitely Ignashov, but sadly he never reached his full potential. Schilt came later and well, he was much less exciting than any of those guys, even Bonjasky.

Last time I was following these intellectual discussions,l an awful lot of fight fans were taking it as a given that a prime Mike Tyson or Roy Jones Jr would have torn K-1 apart piece by piece and would be able to do it by simply being boxers since they were Spartans made out of marble blessed by the gods relative to K1 fighters. Pro boxing = Greek gods, K1 fighters = not real athletes, that was sort of the sentiment.

If he fought Hoost he would be limping for a week. Foreman wasn't big enough to pull off a Bob Sapp.

If he had learnt fast and well how to kick and defend kicks, change stance etc?

So imagine now hes very powerful at punching, but his kicks are even more devastating like extremely powerful, if a little lacking in finesse due to lack of experience

He has all the same attributes as in boxing.
If he had learnt fast and well how to kick and defend kicks, change stance etc?

So imagine now hes very powerful at punching, but his kicks are even more devastating like extremely powerful, if a little lacking in finesse due to lack of experience

He has all the same attributes as in boxing.

Imagine Bruce Lee invented Mars Bar you twat stfu

Foreman would have been one of the all time greats in MMA if/woulda/coulda etc. On top of his boxing his raw, natural ability in grappling was incredible even in a sport like boxing. Watch him man-handle opponents in the clinch and how they would fly around the ring if he pushed them.

K-1 though? Probably not as great. I couldn't really see him being agile enough for leg strikes.

If he fought Hoost he would be limping for a week. Foreman wasn't big enough to pull off a Bob Sapp.

No but he did have the strength. Foreman is probably the naturally strongest boxer ever in the clinch, and he packs a lot more punching power than Sapp. Bob hit Hoost with a ton of shots when he had him pushed against the ropes and corners, if that had been big George doing the punching our dear Hoost would have been stretchered out of the ring.

Last time I was following these intellectual discussions,l an awful lot of fight fans were taking it as a given that a prime Mike Tyson or Roy Jones Jr would have torn K-1 apart piece by piece and would be able to do it by simply being boxers since they were Spartans made out of marble blessed by the gods relative to K1 fighters. Pro boxing = Greek gods, K1 fighters = not real athletes, that was sort of the sentiment.
Its true, even the lightweight thais and mma fighters can pwn k1 guys at stand up, k1 is an embarrassment

Back