How watered down is Muay Thai in North America?

Or...

yod<JWP<buakaw<sato<sanny dahlbeck<jordan watson<ky hollenbeck

where is your god now :)

? he said rico would beat yod in 30 seconds, im saying its not like thais havent beaten european heavyweights before. changpuek beat kaman 3 times

The dutch haven't produced any relevant muay thai fighters in well over a decade. The french and japanese are the strongest historically and right now, outside of Thailand obviously.

you must have missed the keyword: generally speaking.

theres good fighters all over the world.

Fuck at 2.22 to 2.40 that tall guy with the blue top is going proper hard on a kid and dropping him.

yeah that was not cool. huge guy drops a kid and goes out like a badass. doesn't matter if the kid is training for a fight or is an asshole, with the sheer size difference, that is not needed and the bigger guy doesn't gain anything from it anyway.

yeah that was not cool. huge guy drops a kid and goes out like a badass. doesn't matter if the kid is training for a fight or is an asshole, with the sheer size difference, that is not needed and the bigger guy doesn't gain anything from it anyway.
that guy in blue beating the shit out of the kid is murthal groenhart

Who's the kid anyway? I've saw him in a couple recent videos as well.

the video is 7 years old, and that's a black kid. looking at the fighters it's maybe Fabio Kwasi.

http://www.mikesgym.nl/atleten/c-klasse.html

In the comments section of the video, the uploader states the kid is called Mike and he went all hard on Murthel Groenhart just before he started recorded, and got punished for it.

Comments:
Luz iono3 years ago
People please stop harassing that kid, he went all out on Murthel Groenhart, punched him all the way into the back corner, just before that, excuse me for NOT FILMING that the KID'S name is Mike and he'll punch the lights out of you, I think he's 18 now ;) I will remove all disrespect comments.

Luz iono5 years ago
@sexoja23 Tired??! He pounded the rasta(murthell) right before that, is what you didn't see.. And I can hardly call that a knockout, an eight count maybe,..

Luz iono5 years ago
@sexoja23 That little kid knows how to fight, its part of his training. I was there, he's very technical for a little kid he will knockout anyone in his weight class!

The plot thickens...

Last edited:
Means nothing. Roosmalen only became the 145 champ because he ran away from 155 like a sore loser. He doesn't even fight outside of Glory because he wouldn't have the type of protection he has with Glory. Sittichai has been the Kunlun and Glory champ. He also stands around 160 and could easily fight at 145 and become champ if he wanted to.

Up until recently and not all of his fights have been dominating wins. He also competes at a weight class that is no where near the level 155 is.

Maybe the king of popularity but not the king when it comes to actual talent.
If he could easily become the 145 champ why don't he?
RVR never ran away he's going back up to 155 to claim his belt. You've made a big mistake he has fought outside of Glory

I agree with that list, we came up with the exact same list apart from me listing Sittichai and you listing Petrosyan, only because I was focusing on fighters who are active now and Petro isn't too active these days. But I'd definitely agree with Petro replacing Sittichai in that list too.

Again, remember that I made that list because you asked and I based it on results and achievements, not by who I prefer watching. I wouldn't have considered RvR in the list for example but he's beaten solid competition several times and been champion in 2 stacked divisions, he does deserve being in the list.

Rico's weight class might not be the most talent stacked but it's still a dangerous division where blows have much more impact and he's been very dominant. You can't just try to imagine what he'd be like at 70kg, that just wouldn't be Rico and it's completely imaginary.

Yod and Superbon are very good, I'm actually looking forward to seeing Superbon's next fights, but they haven't achieved enough in KB yet to be in the top5 P4P list IMO.

Considering Rossmalen's height he's actually better suited for 145 rather than 155. I don't see what's wrong with trying to conquer another division after dominating the 155 division until he pretty much lost 2 times to the current 155 champion Sittichai. Also if he doesn't need to fight outside of Glory, I don't see why that's an issue.

In any case, most people who replied to your posts including myself have listed several Dutch guys in their Top5 P4P list. Just saying.
Yeah sittichai has been more impressive than PEtrosyan recently so it makes sense to replace him. Also Sittichai beatbone of the p4p best fighters on RVR too

If he could easily become the 145 champ why don't he?
Because he doesn't need to just like RVR didn't need to. RVR moved down after throwing a tantrum because he couldn't except that Sittichai beat him....again. RVR couldn't even make weight in his last 145lbs fight.

You've made a big mistake he has fought outside of Glory
Yeah in 2011

Because he doesn't need to just like RVR didn't need to. RVR moved down after throwing a tantrum because he couldn't except that Sittichai beat him....again. RVR couldn't even make weight in his last 145lbs fight.

Yeah in 2011
Sittichai only beat him once. RVR won the first one. He could have but his personal scales were different to the official scales which he didn't have access t9.
I'm sure that he'll make 65 next time with no problem

Yeah in 2011
You're wrong my friend. He fought in a non glory even in 2016 in Greece

Yodsanklai>Charlie Sor Chaitamin>Buakaw>Zhou zhipeng>Choi Hong-Man>Semmy Schilt>Rico Verhoeven :eek:

I'm not trolling look at the records. Look who's hands were raised at the end of the bout. You're the one trolling
Getting your hands raised and winning a fight is not always the same thing. And yes you are trolling because you knew what I meant.

Back